Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

At my school, the blazer was compulsory for senior students (grades 11-12) during terms two and three.

Mine was the same way with junior vs senior uniforms. Oh goodness, we looked awful with shorts and stupid long socks held up at knee level. I was so happy when I got into trousers and blazer and could leave that behind.

I think only the prefects and house leaders and whatnot bothered with the blazers because they needed them for school-community events. I'd imagine they were hideously expensive.

The long pants were just so much more practical than the shorts too. More pockets! They didn't show dirt as easily! You didn't need to wear ridiculously hot socks in summer!

We damn near had a party the day we were allowed to wear them. The shirts were pretty cool too. We went from almost an interference-blue all over shirt to a darker blue and white thin-striped shirt.

Alisaura said:

If I ever decide I want to grow my hair out again, I will first have to live with an afro for at least a year. I'm not prepared to do that yet.... :uhoh:

I don't blame you. I don't know how people cope with long hair. It pisses me off just drying my hair after a shower when it goes afro-ish, and that's nothing compared to what pretty much 90% of females on the planet have. Wet hair for the epic phailure.

Axver said:

I think Beach Sequence and Slug are pretty much tied for me.

Both are incredible pieces of beautiful atmospheric work. People need to stop writing off Passengers like uninformed music n00bs who only enjoy a song if Bono's screaming his lungs out in the chorus.

:hi5:

Now that i'm not such a Passengers n00b it's probably around my top 5 U2 albums, although that list changes depending on the era i'm into at the time. At the moment i'm really into U2-atmospheric and a bit of U2-post punk

Axver said:

I don't blame you. I don't know how people cope with long hair. It pisses me off just drying my hair after a shower when it goes afro-ish, and that's nothing compared to what pretty much 90% of females on the planet have. Wet hair for the epic phailure.

I try to keep my hair short enough that running my hand back and forth through it for a few seconds dries it.

Speaking of which, i should get a haircut sometime.

Axver said:
Khan, that's insane. Do you even still remember your original hair colour? :wink:

I NEARLY avoided Umbrella. I came so close. Then Kate brought it up on YouTube to torture me ee ee ey ey ey. KILL IT WITH A FUCKING INFERNO OF FIRE.

In the video, there's part where Rihanna dances around naked covered in gold paint or something along those lines. I think it's meant to turn on desperate guys (like Ian). It's just repulsive though.
not really. a hairdresser once told me it was auburn, but i dunno.

i'm lucky, my friends don't listen to that stupid shit so people don't send me youtube links like that. and if they do, it's sent via aim or what have you so i can easily close the window after finding out what it is.

and it doesn't surprise me he's desperate :tsk:

coolian2 said:
I think only the prefects and house leaders and whatnot bothered with the blazers because they needed them for school-community events. I'd imagine they were hideously expensive.

The long pants were just so much more practical than the shorts too. More pockets! They didn't show dirt as easily! You didn't need to wear ridiculously hot socks in summer!

We damn near had a party the day we were allowed to wear them. The shirts were pretty cool too. We went from almost an interference-blue all over shirt to a darker blue and white thin-striped shirt.

We could either wear a blazer or a sweatshirt during the winter months. I don't know why anybody would need a sweatshirt in Queensland. I got my blazer secondhand, and thus cheap. I hate to think how much a new one would've cost.

Our shirts never changed from years 8-10 to years 11-12. Did you guys have a separate sports uniform though? Because ours was just dumb. It made us look like state school trash. Not meaning to insult anybody who went to a state school. Well, unless you went to one on the Gold Coast, in which case I kinda do. Gold Coast state schools are just the worst. Especially Benowa high. Pretty much everybody who got expelled from my high school ended up there. It must've been hell.

KhanadaRhodes said:
as for funny names....this guy's last name is boner :lmao:

SO WAS ONE OF KATE'S TEACHERS.

This Mr Boner was apparently a former mayor of Nashville or TN Congressman or something who later decided to go into teaching high school politics courses or something. He was a complete hack and got fired.

Seriously, wouldn't you at least change your name to Bonner?

KhanadaRhodes said:

so you don't like gladys knight watermelons?

I have no clue what that is. Some watermelon that's all pip, no melon?

coolian2 said:
At the moment i'm really into U2-atmospheric and a bit of U2-post punk

That's been me for about the last two years.

Boy/October/War/UF/JT/studioRAH/Passengers for the win. :drool:

Axver said:

Did you guys have a separate sports uniform though? Because ours was just dumb. It made us look like state school trash

I don't know, we were a public school. Sports teams just chucked on a blazer too.

We had an interesting time with PE gear while i was there. Initially it sucked. White polo style shirt with school logo and blue shorts with two small strips of school colour on leg.

My third year the PE gear became fucken awesome. The shirts were your house colour (still with school logo) and the pants went to a very bright blue with the school logo on one of the legs. Without exception, the shirts all looked awesome.

KhanadaRhodes said:

not really. a hairdresser once told me it was auburn, but i dunno.

i'm lucky, my friends don't listen to that stupid shit so people don't send me youtube links like that. and if they do, it's sent via aim or what have you so i can easily close the window after finding out what it is.

and it doesn't surprise me he's desperate :tsk:

See, I don't get this, how can you forget your own natural hair colour? I mean, don't you have photos of when you're little with your natural colour? I can understand somebody like my grandmother forgetting, since all the photos of her when she was little are in black and white and there's nobody else around to remind her what it was, but ... in this day and age?

Kate nowadays seems to just like to torment me with shitty music for her own personal amusement. :(

coolian2 said:

I don't know, we were a public school. Sports teams just chucked on a blazer too.

We had an interesting time with PE gear while i was there. Initially it sucked. White polo style shirt with school logo and blue shorts with two small strips of school colour on leg.

My third year the PE gear became fucken awesome. The shirts were your house colour (still with school logo) and the pants went to a very bright blue with the school logo on one of the legs. Without exception, the shirts all looked awesome.

Wow, you actually went to a state school and had blazers and shit? I don't think anywhere on the Gold Coast is that cultured. Or if they supposedly are, it's just some crappy looking bit of fabric they throw around themselves to try to convince us all that they aren't vapid. Oh yes, I'm that full of venom about the Gold Coast and Queensland and such. What a horrible, horrible part of the world.

I wish our house and sports uniforms had looked good. Though I never went to any event that required a house uniform. I got out of stupid sports carnivals due to my aversion to the sun!

Axver said:
SO WAS ONE OF KATE'S TEACHERS.

This Mr Boner was apparently a former mayor of Nashville or TN Congressman or something who later decided to go into teaching high school politics courses or something. He was a complete hack and got fired.

Seriously, wouldn't you at least change your name to Bonner?
My yr. 12 maths teacher was Mr Vigilante. He was awesome.

My brother had two teachers with great names... Mr Tester and Mr Dunce. I still can't quite believe that...!

liamcool said:
Sports uniforms, eww. We had piss yellow shirts and black pants.

sports uniforms,
:hmm: wouldnt know, used to skip sport and go do something better .

and as for being state school trash-

stick ya blazer up ya pompus private school arse ax.

mysterious_jen said:
and as for being state school trash-

stick ya blazer up ya pompus private school arse ax.

No no no, I'm just bagging Gold Coast state schools. No experience with Victorian ones. The ones back home in New Zealand seemed fine.

But the ones on the Gold Coast were just made of fail. I would've gone to one if they hadn't been so shitty. Instead my mother spent money she didn't have to send me to a private school so that I could have a semblance of an education.

Axver said:

Wow, you actually went to a state school and had blazers and shit? I don't think anywhere on the Gold Coast is that cultured. Or if they supposedly are, it's just some crappy looking bit of fabric they throw around themselves to try to convince us all that they aren't vapid. Oh yes, I'm that full of venom about the Gold Coast and Queensland and such. What a horrible, horrible part of the world.

I wish our house and sports uniforms had looked good. Though I never went to any event that required a house uniform. I got out of stupid sports carnivals due to my aversion to the sun!

Probably the most privately run-style public school in the country. I think they even had a plan of trying to convert to a private school although i think that fell through because they serve too large an area to tell people to fuck off.

Axver said:
That's been me for about the last two years.

Boy/October/War/UF/JT/studioRAH/Passengers for the win. :drool:
I've just come down from a big Atmospheric U2 spree... all Captive and Passengers and Zooropa and things like Dying Sailor and Beautiful Ghost... :drool:

Am a bit directionless at the moment... I'm liking Boy, but I discovered John Butler and got into Muse and Tool again too.

Axver said:
See, I don't get this, how can you forget your own natural hair colour? I mean, don't you have photos of when you're little with your natural colour? I can understand somebody like my grandmother forgetting, since all the photos of her when she was little are in black and white and there's nobody else around to remind her what it was, but ... in this day and age?

Kate nowadays seems to just like to torment me with shitty music for her own personal amusement. :(
photos of me from a kid show me as a blonde, yo.

awww, i'm sorry.

Alisaura said:

My yr. 12 maths teacher was Mr Vigilante. He was awesome.

My brother had two teachers with great names... Mr Tester and Mr Dunce. I still can't quite believe that...!

All three of those are classic :lmao:

Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom