Your single favorite moment on NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
For me it is without a doubt:

"Walk out into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I've found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it's all that I found"

Just. Awesome.

The powerful vocals, Edge's guitar, the backing "oh's", everything.

This is one of those moments that just smacks me in the face with power and emotion every time I listen. It is the pinnacle of the album for me and my single favorite moment of NLOTH.

Yours?

Unknown Caller.
4m48s.
Edge earfucks you with his guitar phallus of magnificence.

It's a toss-up between:

1) That moment in Magnificent where Bono's falsetto morphs into Edge's slide guitar solo. That moment and the rest of the solo.

2) "And the water...it's was icy...as it washed over me...and the moon...shone uh-BUHHH HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH...UHH-HUH-HUH-VE meeeeeee"

The unexpected major chord at the end of the second chorus of Magnificent before Bono's ohohohohoooooo is second, for me.

At the moment, this is my favorite moment as well.

The unexpected major chord at the end of the second chorus of Magnificent before Bono's ohohohohoooooo is second, for me.

Yes. :drool:

I also like the major chord that comes after "then heart sets sail" in Fez-Being Born.

Waaaay too many to have only one favorite, but one among many is the verse in MOS:

We light ourselves on fire
Oh God do not deny her

There is such an amazing kind of desperation in Bono's voice. It's an amazing moment.

I also love the wailing at the beginning of Being Born, and the french horns in WAS.

Oh, and I love the bass right before the last verse in Cedars. That is so :drool:

Oh oh, and the pre-chorus to Breathe is fucking phenomenal.

Oh oh oh (last one, promise), I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the sound Bono makes after singing "then she put her tongue in my ear". But that's just me. :wink:

in breathe

the war that lies
on the other side of silence
the forrest fires

edges little ding backing vocals, love them, dont know why

and the callback in WAS to UC, lovely

I don't know what my definite favorite could be, but one that stands out every time is

"To sleeeep the NIIIGGGHHHT shooting out the staaaaars!"

Me the first time I heard that = :ohmy:

For me one of my favourites would have to be the bridge in Breathe, just after that guitar part which evolves into the sound of an Arabic cello followed by the rolly-thumpy noise by Larry's drumming and the brief but nonetheless awesome guitar solo, and for a second there it sounds like Edge is 'kinda' playing some fast notes, and after that it explodes into that soulful chorus. :drool:

U2 = :drool:

I can't name one single moment so I'll do a couple...

-- When the "guitar storm" starts in NLOTH at 1:13 followed by "I know a girl! Hole in her heart!

-- The climax of the Magnificent intro at :45 and the opening of the guitar riff

-- "I TIED MYSELF WITH WIRE!" and "OH GOD DO NOT DENY HER!"

-- The "Hey! Hey! Hey!" followed by chiming upbeat guitar in Crazy Tonight at 3:00

-- The return to the guitar riff after the bridge in Boots starting at 2:53

-- "Every day I have to find the courage to WAAAAAALK OOOOUT! Into the streets! With AAAAAARMS OOOOOOUT!"

"White As Snow" when the french horn starts to play and Bono starts to sing «and the water, it was icy» verse. Brilliant.

The song that really, really hit me when I first heard the album....I play it more sparingly than the others because it is a heavy song to me...the lyrics, tone, sound, mood, everything. I love this song. It seems like it is coming from a different place. There is a great sadness in this song and it is very moving to me. I love this song and all the phrasing by Bono and the music by the band.

Bono's final high "ooooh" followed by Edge's guitar solo with the strings on Magnificent. :drool:

Also the end Of Cedars, that little groovy guitar and bass breakdown after he sings "Where are you in the Cedars of Lebanon?"

and the last set of lines:

Choose your enemies carefully cos they will define you
Make them interesting cos in some ways they will mind you
They're not there in the beginning but when your story ends
Gonna last with you longer than your friends

perfection

I've found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it's all that I found"

Just. Awesome.

The powerful vocals, Edge's guitar, the backing "oh's", everything.

This is one of those moments that just smacks me in the face with power and emotion every time I listen. It is the pinnacle of the album for me and my single favorite moment of NLOTH.

Yours?

:up:

Back
Top Bottom