Your single favorite moment on NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of mine have been mentioned for the most part. I'll also add: "Is it true that perfect love drives out all fear? The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear. Oh, but a change of heart comes slow." :heart:

• the french horn and the following vocal on White As Snow
  • the GORGEOUS Breathe chorus
  • the ELECTRIC guitaring on Magnificent, especially in the background during the verses

The bit at the end of Breathe "I've found faith inside a sound, I've found grace its all I've found" - Bono's voice is just wonderful.

For me it is without a doubt:

"Walk out into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I've found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it's all that I found"

Just. Awesome.

The powerful vocals, Edge's guitar, the backing "oh's", everything.

This is one of those moments that just smacks me in the face with power and emotion every time I listen. It is the pinnacle of the album for me and my single favorite moment of NLOTH.

Yours?

Exactly the same moment actually.

"I've found grace inside a sound

:heart:

The way Bono sings/articulates the phrase "Rue de Marais" on NLOTH is so good :drool:

Yet more proof that French is the world's most beautiful language :wink:

:up:

NLOTH (song) is really starting to become on of my favorite U2 songs of all time.

Currently, probably the muted guitar in Being Born.
It changes though, I'm still not sick of MOS yet.
Which is amazing, that's the kind of song I usually grow tired of quick.
Thank God they left it alone.

My favorite part of that song is the intro, gorgeous.
I also love the slide guitar.

Another:

• Cedars of Lebanon: when Bono talks about headlines and you realize he's actually writing about another character instead of the usual, introspective U2 "you" song subject

This is probably the best thread I've ever read on Interference. I'm here in work but just want to stick the iPod back on and put the album on full blast. What an album, what a band - they've packed more great moments into this album than 99% of bands pack into their entire careers.

I'll mix it up a bit by picking up best moments by each member of the band:
- Bono: awesome lyrics and some great vocals on this album. Highlights include the vocal delieries on MOS and Breathe and some amazing lyrics throughout the album - "Stop walking God across the street like a little old lady"!
- Edge: some incredible guitar work from Edge on this album alongside some excellent backup vocals as others have mentioned. Unknown Caller is one to put on his application form for greatest guitarist of the last 30 years. Breathe is also a tour de force for him. He mixes up the trademark echo / chiming sound from the 80s, the experimentations with tone & textures from the 90s and the killer riffs from the 00s.
- Adam: possibly the best bass work of his career on this album. Driving bass is a feature on many tracks. The jazzman cometh! MOS is brilliant - the end is incredible.
- Larry: Mr consistency! He's like Sure - he never lets you down. I love his work on pretty much all of the tracks on NLOTH.

It is absolutely incredible that a bunch of guys who've been at this for 30 years, who have nothing left to prove, who are in the top 3 bands of all time in my opinion (actually no 1 in my eyes) can find the motivation to do this.

I've found grace inside a sound;
I've found grace, its all I found.

It sums up the entire album. I get chills hearing this line whenever I listen to the full album. There is a sense of desperation in the "its all I found" that is really beautiful. There is a darkness to this album that runs parallel to its hopefulness.

This is probably the best thread I've ever read on Interference. I'm here in work but just want to stick the iPod back on and put the album on full blast. What an album, what a band - they've packed more great moments into this album than 99% of bands pack into their entire careers.

I'll mix it up a bit by picking up best moments by each member of the band:
- Bono: awesome lyrics and some great vocals on this album. Highlights include the vocal delieries on MOS and Breathe and some amazing lyrics throughout the album - "Stop walking God across the street like a little old lady"!
- Edge: some incredible guitar work from Edge on this album alongside some excellent backup vocals as others have mentioned. Unknown Caller is one to put on his application form for greatest guitarist of the last 30 years. Breathe is also a tour de force for him. He mixes up the trademark echo / chiming sound from the 80s, the experimentations with tone & textures from the 90s and the killer riffs from the 00s.
- Adam: possibly the best bass work of his career on this album. Driving bass is a feature on many tracks. The jazzman cometh! MOS is brilliant - the end is incredible.
- Larry: Mr consistency! He's like Sure - he never lets you down. I love his work on pretty much all of the tracks on NLOTH.

It is absolutely incredible that a bunch of guys who've been at this for 30 years, who have nothing left to prove, who are in the top 3 bands of all time in my opinion (actually no 1 in my eyes) can find the motivation to do this.

This post. :up:

My favourite moment might be the 'the roar that lies on the other side of silence' line in Breathe. The way that is being sung sounds unreal. For me, this is exactly the 'vitality' that is missing on ATYCLB and to a lesser degree HTDAAB. This album has that all important 'vitality'.

"Every eye looking every other way,
Counting down til the pain will stop"

This image and the desperate, yearning way it is sung absolutely kills me every time I hear it...

It's weird - Boots isn't my favorite song, but there are so many neat little details in there. I like after the second chorus as the band ramps up to the "let me in the sound" part, there's this synth/guitar/string (who knows!) part that plays through an eastern scale that just sounds sick. And Bono's little growl as well.

And SUC isn't my favorite either, but I like the lower doubled vocals doing that humming bit at the end.

Every song has a big Adam moment for me. He rules on this album.

For me it is without a doubt:

"Walk out into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I've found grace inside a sound

Just. Awesome.

The powerful vocals, Edge's guitar, the backing "oh's", everything.

This is one of those moments that just smacks me in the face with power and emotion every time I listen. It is the pinnacle of the album for me and my single favorite moment of NLOTH.

Yours?
I could not agree any more. This moment far exceeds everything on the entire album for me. I rewind my cd player in may car and listen this this over and over....:rockon:

Some great stuff in this thread. There are so many special moments on this album for me...but if I had to choose one it would be the same pointed out by this thread starter: those verses from Breathe "Walk out, into the sunburst street / Sing your heart out, sing my heart out / I´ve found grace inside a sound / I found grace, it´s all that I found / And I can breathe / Breathe now"
It´s majestic, lyrics, singing (both Bono and backing vocals), guitar, rythm section, simply perfect.

And there´s something else: the way Bono pronounces/sings these verses from Cedars of Lebanon: "You´re smiling back at me, I took the photo from the fridge / Can´t remember what then we did". He´s the only man in this planet who can make even a word like "fridge" sound sexy. Way too sexy :drool: The character in the song may not remember what then they did...but it always can be left to one´s imagination :wink::wave:

MT

Still "The sirens wailing but its me that wants to get away" takes the cake for me because i just envision his passion during the "bad" performance from rattle and hum. I love it when Bono surprises me with a sort of re-surfacing of his old self every so often in new songs/performances.

Bono:Every day I die again and again, I'm reborn
Edge:Every day IIIIIII...

Bono:Every day i have to find the courage to walk out......

Bono:Every day I die again and again, I'm reborn

Bono:Every day i have to find the courage to walk out......

one of my favorite:heart:

many, many, many special moments on this album. My list is huge but I´d like to add:

"it´s not a hill it´s a mountain
You see for me I´ve been shoutin"

"and the water it was icy
as it washed over me
and the moon shined on me"

"To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my consciousness"
:drool:

Edge's solo during Magnificent, made even more complete with the background string instruments...Old school U2 right there...AMAZING! :up:

I love the synth and percussion and Bono's vocals on "No Line on the Horizon".

I also loved the first time I heard Bono's voice scream on "Moment of Surrender". Wow!

Drum intro for "Breathe"

Although I don't absolutely adore the song, I was surprised to hear how well Bono sang the chorus to "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" in quite a neat way that's not annoying at all, as many anticipated. Considerably better song than I thought it would be.

Probably others. Much better than the last 2 albums, though I still love "Stuck in a Moment", "In a Little While", "Miracle Drug", and "Original of the Species"!

Edge's solo during Magnificent, made even more complete with the background string instruments...Old school U2 right there...AMAZING! :up:

Yeah, the second time through the strings do their bit with Bono tucked in there somewhere. Definitely old school.

One of my favorite moment is:

"Vision over visibility"-Momento of Surrender
"Who can forgive forgiveness where forgiveness is not"-White as Snow
"Only love can leave such a mark"-Magniifcent
"Choose your enemies carefully 'cos they will define you"-Cedars of Lebanon
:cute::cute:

Back
Top Bottom