Your single favorite moment on NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are several favorite moments, but the first one I got from this album was probably from Magnificent in this part:

I give you back my voice from the womb
My first cry, it was a joyful noise

Followed by that magnificent :)lol:) "Ooh, ooh" that really shouts out that U2 is back, ready to kick some heavy a**!

As with a bazillion others there are tonnes of lovely bits but these are just some that jumped into my head when I saw the title of this thread (oooh, I rhymed :lol:)

- the intro to Magnificent . . .goosebumples galore

- 'She's a rainbow and she loves a peaceful life' and 'It's not a hill it's a mountain as you start out the climb'

- 'Every day I have to find the courage, To walk out into the street, With arms out, Got a love you can't defeat'

- 'Laughter is eternity if joy is real'

- No Line the song from go to whoa

- the quiet desperation of White as Snow

- 'I've been in every black hole, At the altar of the dark star, My body's now a begging bowl,That's begging to get back, begging to get back,To my heart'

- the jangly beginnings of Stand Up

overall I just like the quietly seductive nature of this album . . .its glorious :heart:

For me it is without a doubt:

"Walk out into the sunburst street
Sing your heart out, sing my heart out
I've found grace inside a sound
I found grace, it's all that I found"

Just. Awesome.

The powerful vocals, Edge's guitar, the backing "oh's", everything.

This is one of those moments that just smacks me in the face with power and emotion every time I listen. It is the pinnacle of the album for me and my single favorite moment of NLOTH.

Yours?
Right there that part just gives me goosebumps and chills down my spine. Can't explain it but it's just good. :)

When my 13 and 15 year old girls belt out the chorus to Crazy tonight from the back seat

The final chorus of MOS. I love MOS in its entirety but the buildup and delivery of that last chorus is just...amazing to me.

Second fav is definitely the Breathe moment mentioned by the OP :up:

for me it would be 2:47 - 2:52 of moment of surrender - specifically when edge's harmony perfectly fuses with bono on "did not notice the passers-by".

I don't even sing during this part. It's almost sacreligious. :up:

Two souls too smart to be
In the realm of certainty
Even on our wedding day
Priceless

one of many on this track.. :up:

Bono's wailing after the first chorus in Fez-Being Born. :drool:

gives me chills. thought it was just me. :wink:

This is just a fraction of the "moments" on this album. :heart:

My favourite moment was when I first heard the record, I was blown away in amazement, NLOTH was the best U2 song since Zooropa - then Magnificent came on, that "eargasm"-thing (when the song kicks off) happened, and I knew this was the best U2 album since Achtung Baby.

There are countless little nuances, too numerous to mention, but that moment just reminds of how much this album blew me away the first time I heard it.

Return the call to home..

Love that bit and the sad guitar right after. Actually, I love every moment The Edge sings on this record.

How to pick a favorite moment?? hmmmm.....how bout favorite per song?

NLOTH--Probably my favorite song on the album...a song I think should definitely be a single cuz it's so damn catchy and different sounding. I LOVE the frantic last verse...the part about the "sirens wailing but it's me that wants to get away" :drool:

Magnificent--I don't have quite the love for this song that it gets from others, but I do have to say that the driving beat of this song is a highlight.

MOS--Bono's vocal delivery, Adams bass...everything is so raw and so perfect. My favorite line, btw, is the ATM line "face staring back at me"

Unknown Caller--the hardest song for me to initially "get." Now one of my favorites. Edges guitar work reminds me of The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun." Awesome guitar work. The "computer commands" are also a highlight--very inspiriational.

Crazy Tonight-- I love when the violins come in on the 2nd verse--I wish they were a bit more prominent--could have been very Beatlesy. I also love the "Baby Baby Baby" breakdown in the bridge.

GOYB-- Awesome work by the band as a whole. Love the "let me in the sound...god I'm going down." part. Reminds me of the Garage mix of Holy Joe. :up:

Stand Up Comedy-- The last song that grew on me...couldn't get past the "funky" sound of it. Now, I love the song--tons of layers, lots of great lyrics though there are a couple clunkers in there. By far the best part is the bridge guitar work and Bono breaking into the "Soul rockin people...we're made of stars" part. :drool:

Fez-Being Born--Cool intro--would've been a great way to start the album. The line that gets me is the "The engines roar." I don't know why..maybe it's because I've traveled a lot and that feeling of the unknown before you're gonna take off.

White As Snow--my least favorite part of the song on the album..(I can't get past the O Come O Come Emmanuel melody). I do have to say that the the imagery salvages the song a bit.

Breathe--What can I say...Awesome song. Great guitar work by the Edge (Especially after the bridge). Awesome lyrics(even the cockatoo line) and vocals by Bono, even though I don't think he needs to see how high he can sing in almost every song. Highlight of the song is the "Walk out into the sunburst streets, sing your heart out" part of the song.

Cedars of Lebanon-- Again, I love the vocals and the lyrics.. the band create a great mood/vibe in this song.

one favourite moment:hmm:.. the part in WAS when he sings: "and the water it was icy, as it washed oover me, and the moon shone aboooove me:heart: :drool:

The final minute of Moment of Surrender, culminating in that closing guitar riff. MOS is far from being my favorite song on the album, but the way it builds up to that...simply sublime.

Right now it's when magnificent starts after about 40secs in. But the first time I listened to NLOTH, my favourite moment was when I heard bono sing Baby Baby Baby in Crazy Tonight :D

Return the call to home..

Love that bit and the sad guitar right after. Actually, I love every moment The Edge sings on this record.

Absolutely. Also my favourite part.

-When No Line kicks in after the first chorus
-Magnificent solo
-The guitar that comes in at the end of MOS
-the first verse of UC. and second one. and the bridge/solo. I guess the chorus is okay too :wink:
-Solo in Crazy Tonight
-Let me in the sound!
-Funky bit after the solo in SUC
-Fez and when Being Born first kicks in
-"And the water, it was icy..." that whole part
-"Everyday I have to find the courage to WAAAAAAALK OUT"

this album has a lot of good moments.

Back
Top Bottom