Winter (Linear) vs. Winter (Brothers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer??

• Total voters

adam3000

Acrobat
Winter (Linear) vs. Winter (Brothers)
So which one does everyone prefer?

(And how do you create a poll?)

Polls can only be created by premium members, but a moderator or an admin might make one for you.

Brothers version FTW.

Linear, easy. Much more pleasant. My only qualm with the Linear version is there is something frustratingly messy about the vocal mix, but that could just be my file. Otherwise, it's perfect, and would have been awesome on the album proper.

This new version is less enjoyable.

I would comfortably opt for the Brothers version. Though Linear's does have some sweet bits in it.

Linear version by a million miles even with its flaws... I can't believe how boring the brothers version is in comparison.

I like the Brothers version, but I choose Linear version. A much better basis that had a lot that could even been improved. I like the new version, but it's a retrocession for me.

The Brothers version is booooooring:doh:.
It's like they took the linear version and removed every cool bit that was in it. Removed all the guitar parts, added some strings and turned up the vocals-volume. It's almost as boring as white as snow now.

Really I def. liked the linear version a lot more. Where is the rest of the band in the Brother's version?

Linear. It kicks the Brother's version's ass! Yes you may be making faces like this ----->:huh: at me but it has more kick, is waaaaay more interesting and that empty space is filled by all the instruments.:tongue: Hold out a copy of Linear version and Brothers and I'll easily take the version from Linear. Peace.:|

Linear's wins for me just by a little bit because I like the rockier feel, though the Brothers version does have better transitions between the different parts.

I like both versions but I gave the nod to the Linear version, it has a better vocal line IMO, I also really like Edge's simple guitar work, I still think both versions sound unfinished, but as they are I'd have more hope for the Linear version when completed.

Other then NLOTH (the song), I think the Brothers version of Winter is better than anything off of the last two albums. If this is any indication, I hope we get Songs Of Ascent very soon.

It's the Linear version for me. Coldplay-strings aside, I prefer the aggressive guitar work and huge chorus to the new one's Adult Contemporary synths and electronic noises.

Can you hear the full version of Brothers anywhere online? So far, I like the Linear version because of the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom