Why isn't mercy on the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's pretty incredible to think that their last three albums (not even going into ATYCLB, but I think it may apply there too) could have been so much better had they worked less on them.

It's pretty incredible to think that their last three albums (not even going into ATYCLB, but I think it may apply there too) could have been so much better had they worked less on them.

Agree about ATYCLB and NLOTH - overproduced

The versions of the Bomb songs a year before its release were surprisingly weak, I´m happy they postponed the release

Mercy being on the new album would make the rest of the songs look like shit, just like how Invisible or Ordinary Love would make the rest of the songs feel uninspired.

By not adding a classic like Mercy, U2 have tricked a lot of their fans into thinking it's a good record (after tricking the rest of the world by ruining everyone's iPhones and hacking Jennifer Lawrence's photos from the iCloud).

Mercy being on the new album would make the rest of the songs look like shit, just like how Invisible or Ordinary Love would make the rest of the songs feel uninspired.

By not adding a classic like Mercy, U2 have tricked a lot of their fans into thinking it's a good record (after tricking the rest of the world by ruining everyone's iPhones and hacking Jennifer Lawrence's photos from the iCloud).

l-est-picture-of-a-bunny-with-a-pancake-on-its-head.png

??? you really can't type without dying laughing. ?? best laugh I've had all day. "U2 have tricked their fans into thinking it's a good record." Thats gold. You're trolling so hard. And it takes one to know one. ?

I used to think that, but now think it may be more that they would have been better had they taken more risks and worked more, not less on them, as they worked a whole lot on this album reportedly.

Hi old U2 Interference friends :)
A lot has changed for me since I was an active user on this board, I have had 2 little ones :heart:of my own since the last tour so my priorities have changed a bit :)
but I still love U2 as always and every so often visit the board to read articles and such.
Interesting enough, I met Bono again last week after the Apple event, but in the excitement of seeing him, I completely forgot about asking where is Mercy. :doh:
Either way, its a great song and I would love to see it on an album someday! Hope everyone is doing well here, enjoy the new album, I am loving it and cant wait for the tour!

:wave:

Hi old U2 Interference friends :)
A lot has changed for me since I was an active user on this board, I have had 2 little ones :heart:of my own since the last tour so my priorities have changed a bit :)
but I still love U2 as always and every so often visit the board to read articles and such.
Interesting enough, I met Bono again last week after the Apple event, but in the excitement of seeing him, I completely forgot about asking where is Mercy. :doh:
Either way, its a great song and I would love to see it on an album someday! Hope everyone is doing well here, enjoy the new album, I am loving it and cant wait for the tour!

:wave:

Look who's here!

Feel free to set the record straight regarding the original discovery/leak of Mercy.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Why isn't Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long) on this album?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Actually, I was thinking of starting up a new thread suggesting it shouldn't even be on the album.

Was written before the sessions even began, and has nothing to do with the album's theme. That it's in the #2 slot is even more bizarre.

Actually, I was thinking of starting up a new thread suggesting it shouldn't even be on the album.

Was written before the sessions even began, and has nothing to do with the album's theme. That it's in the #2 slot is even more bizarre.

Everybody's doing cartwheels over the "cohesiveness" of the album, but it took a lot of work from a lot of cooks to gloss over the fact that it was pieced together from the remnants of a bunch of dead ends. And I'd bet they included EBW at the last minute because they thought it was one of few potential hits.

Why isn't Boy/Girl on the new album?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Agreed. Actually I'll go as far as saying the first two songs should have been scrapped.

Instead they should have started the album with Goldeneye followed by Luminous Times (Hold on to love)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Question, is there a version of Mercy out there that doesn't have low audio quality?

I've looked high and low. And I still haven't found a high quality version of mercy that I've been looking for.

I have one that is about 15 megs that sounds pretty damned good to me.

May have been cleaned up by someone on here.

Safe to say some of these questions will be answered when/if we get Songs of Experience.

As for Mercy, the original version is a Top 5 song from the 00's for me. But that's the decade it belongs in. Also, as others have stated, if they did put this on the album now, we'd probably end up with something closer to the live version....which is very inferior and would tarnish the song, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom