What track on new album are you most excited to hear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The versus sound a bit interesting, just sort of a hint of anger in the delivery, but yeah, the choruses are pretty uninspiring. Does sound a bit Bomb-Mercy-ish. Standard 00s U2 anthem type thing. I know that's what defines U2 to a lot of people in here now, so, if it's good, it's okay by me. Really, what I’m most interested in are any/all of the ones we have not a clue about yet.

Actually, the chorus of beach clip 2 is the only thing I really like about it. I still feel the verses and choruses don't really match. I like the chorus BECAUSE it's U2ish and I don't want an album where U2 sound nothing like U2. The chorus of Breathe sounds joyful, like it has a lot of soul, very uplifiting, and not uninspired or anything. Actually, I feel U2 sound most inspired when they're not trying too hard to NOT sound like U2. I'm looking forward to Breathe, but I'm also curious if they re-worked the verses and how they will fit with the choruses in the final song.

Actually, the chorus of beach clip 2 is the only thing I really like about it. I still feel the verses and choruses don't really match. I like the chorus BECAUSE it's U2ish and I don't want an album where U2 sound nothing like U2. The chorus of Breathe sounds joyful, like it has a lot of soul, very uplifiting, and not uninspired or anything. Actually, I feel U2 sound most inspired when they're not trying too hard to NOT sound like U2. I'm looking forward to Breathe, but I'm also curious if they re-worked the verses and how they will fit with the choruses in the final song.

I feel the exact opposite. U2 were always at their best when trying something new and un-U2ish. For instance, nevermind Zooropa or Achtung Baby...don't u think UF, JT and RAH sounded totally diffferent than the U2 of Boy-War? And then came the 90's, which sounded nothing like what they did in the 80's. U2 were always about trying to find the next sound that would distance themselves from past music. I think HTDAAB was crap because it sounded like u2 were consciously trying to sound like themselves.

No, I don't think the last album was "crap". I feel it was right for U2 to make that album at that time.

I agree that they need to experiment and stay innovative, but I don't want a U2 record that sounds nothing like U2 just because they are trying too hard to be innovative and experimental, just for the sake of it. I think U2 do very well in combining both things - classical U2 and innovation. From most reviews, I gather this album will also have both elements.

No, I don't think the last album was "crap". I feel it was right for U2 to make that album at that time.

I agree that they need to experiment and stay innovative, but I don't want a U2 record that sounds nothing like U2 just because they are trying too hard to be innovative and experimental, just for the sake of it. I think U2 do very well in combining both things - classical U2 and innovation. From most reviews, I gather this album will also have both elements.

U2 will always sound like U2, no matter what they try to experiment with. They just don't seem to connect with me as well when they're consciously aiming for an 80's earnest, do-gooder Joshua Tree type sound, which was what Bomb sounded like to me. That, to me, is not evolution. I could overlook a retro-sounding, throwback feel if actual songs were written, but unforunately they screwed that up as well. I think when they expand and try new things, which are then put thru the U2 melodic filter, that's when we get the best results. Otherwise, it's like chasing the dragon, trying to achieve the same high they had with JT, or Boy, or whatever album or era it is they're attempting to pay tribute to. JT came about because of a band that was growing and evolving. Just remember that.

Originally, I said Unknown Caller. But the lyric snippets to Moment of Surrender have me very intrigued.

It's a tossup between Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender now.

I'm excited to hear the whole damn thing, as I'm sure everyone is, but if I had to narrow it down I'd say I'm most excited to hear the opening two songs...the title track and Magnificent.

I just listened to the beach clips again, I haven't listened to them for months (except for Boots). I am REALLY excited for Breathe. I'm getting goose bumps even.

I just listened to the beach clips again, I haven't listened to them for months (except for Boots). I am REALLY excited for Breathe. I'm getting goose bumps even.

the vocals during the verses...:drool:

I have to go with Moment of Surrender.

Existential Bono = :drool:

But the Unknown Caller chorus and guitar solo may be my two most anticipated single elements/moments of the album.

And I'm terribly excited about White As Snow based on the previews.

:hmm:
Sorry but this not making sense to me.
What actual songs were not written?
and how did they screw up, what? :wink:

What I mean is that i find the songs on that album about as thrilling and deep as a Nickelback tune. Are they songs, in the superficial traditional sense? Yea, they got choruses, verses, middle 8's. However, there's nothing memorable, unique or interesting about any of them. Sounds like the producers of American Idol were ghostwriting for them. Just crappy surface music.

okay, so I'm actually now most excited for no line and moment of surrender....and breathe. A) How does the album start? B) exit!? C)an epic chant

Any mention of Exit and my level of excitement has risen to new heights. :hyper:

simply all of it really- aside from the single I've heard no other spoilers and I will wait until 2 March before I hear the whole thing properly- I guess I'll buy the single so I'll hear the remix of NLOTH before the album comes out but that's ok- it's an official release

not long to go now........

I am REALLY excited for Breathe. I'm getting goose bumps even.

Me too, based just on the beach clip. The outro is just rad...love watching the U2.com video of Adam recording that part.

Out of the remaining 10 songs here is the order of songs i can't wait to hear starting with the one i really want to hear!

1. Stand Up Comedy
2. Magnificent
3. Crazy Tonight
4. Breathe
5. No Line on the Horizon
6. Moment of Surrender
7. Unkown Caller
8. White as Snow
9. Cedars of Lebanon
10. Fez-Being Born

Mine goes:

1.STC
2.WaS
3.F-BB
4.CoL
5.UC
6.Breathe
7.IGCIIDGCT
8.NLOTH
9.MoS
10.Magnificent

Out of the remaining 10 songs here is the order of songs i can't wait to hear starting with the one i really want to hear!

1. Stand Up Comedy
2. Magnificent
3. Crazy Tonight
4. Breathe
5. No Line on the Horizon
6. Moment of Surrender
7. Unkown Caller
8. White as Snow
9. Cedars of Lebanon
10. Fez-Being Born

This is a cool idea.

1) Moment of Surrender
2) Magnificent
3) Unknown Caller
4) No Line on the Horizon
5) Cedars of Lebanon
6) White As Snow
7) Fez-Being Born
8) Crazy Tonight
9) Stand Up Comedy
10) Breathe

I know a lot of people are really intrigued about Fez-Being Born because of its experimentation, but it doesn't sound like reviewers have been finding it particularly interesting thus far.

1) No Line On The Horizon
2) Magnificent
3) Fez- Being Born
4) Breathe
5) Unknown Caller
6) Moment Of Surrender
7) Cedars Of Lebanon
8) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9) Stand Up Comedy
10) White As Snow

alright, here's mine:

1. Moment Of Surrender
2. Fez - Being Born
3. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
4. No Line On The Horizon
5. Stand Up Comedy
6. White As Snow
7. Cedars Of Lebanon
8. Magnificant
9. Unknown Caller
10. Breathe

The last three are rated at the bottom because I've heard the beach clips so many times. I still think they will be gold! :drool:

alright, here's mine:

1. Moment Of Surrender
2. Fez - Being Born
3. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
4. No Line On The Horizon
5. Stand Up Comedy
6. White As Snow
7. Cedars Of Lebanon
8. Magnificant
9. Unknown Caller
10. Breathe

The last three are rated at the bottom because I've heard the beach clips so many times. I still think they will be gold! :drool:

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure how to deal with the beach clips. Even having heard them so many times, I still can't wait to hear Magnificent and Unknown Caller in all their glory. On the other hand, having heard the Breathe clip, that's easily at the bottom. Love the outro, love the verses...but the chorus just screams Miracle Drug to me (great at first, quickly tired of it).

I have made it this far without hearing the beach clips. I didn't think I could do it. I'm so damn proud of myself (I almost lost it the other day when the youtube/clips thread appeared here).

I think the first 3 from the album (in order) are going to be saved for the official day of release. I want it to slap me. :D

As for leaks, if I had my way, I'd jump for Fez-Being Born first. Breathe and White as Snow (Winter) would be right behind that.

Stand Up Comedy is the song for me that has my interest peaked. Honestly every song does, but I have always really been drawn to Edge's guitar work, and I love it when he plays a little more out of his style.

I've read somewhere on this forum that the guitar sound is kind of like BTBS from popmart. I love that wah wah funk sound. And of course the comparasions to Led Zep help too. Would love for it to be an all out guitar hero song, cause a lot of friends that I have don't really dislike U2 or The Edge, but feel he isn't that great of a guitarist. Would love a song to go....THERE YOU GO.

Back
Top Bottom