U2 to headline Acoustic X-Mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
However you slice it, its convenient that so many CA residents didn't get the tickets they had in their carts while broker sites (some based on other states) have so many readily available.

And TicketsNow being owned by Ticketmaster and absorbing batches of scalpable tickets is a common thing, not an error. It's the very thing Springsteen was raging against here:

Bruce Springsteen "Furious" At Ticketmaster, Rails Against Live Nation Merger | Rolling Stone

I'm no conspiracy theorist, and this isn't a conspiracy. it's just a corporation using unfortunate methods to make more money. And it happens all the time.

I guess it worked out better in previous years? I hadn't heard about problems before.

It is (in my and my friends experience) ALWAYS a nightmare to get KROQ Xmas tix. It used to be worse cuz Universal (or Gibson) Ampitheater was so much smaller, with only a fraction of 9,000 tix going on sale. It was much easier to pull tix today than in the past years, however the whole not recognizing you're a Cali res sucks.

Honestly, I'm blaming KROQ, what a stupid stipulation to have from the start. Was that to prevent scalping or something?

They always do that, as a matter of fact it used to be just for SoCal residents not all of CA. Which actually made it harder

I actually love that stipulation and wish they'd always have the first few hours of sales only for people that live in the immediate area (provided it works, of course... which it seems to have not for you).

So many people pick NYC as their "destination" place to see big concerts... it's hard enough to get tickets with the 20 million people already here. A regional lock for the first hour or two would be nice.

agreed. :yes: it would be nice in all the bigger cities.

Regional restrictions aren't a new concept, they are used from time to time (remember a flap last year from 49er fans cause NFC title game tix were restricted to WA residents), it just seems something was f'ed up today with the software at Ticketmaster and it didn't recognize peole's addresses correctly at first. Shame as its actually a good idea in theory, eliminates many brokers and would be amatuer scalpers who can use Stubhub and Craigslist etc. and hardly lift a finger these days thanks to pdf tickets and so forth.

Regional restrictions aren't a new concept, they are used from time to time (remember a flap last year from 49er fans cause NFC title game tix were restricted to WA residents), it just seems something was f'ed up today woth the software at Ticketmaster and it didn't recognize peole's addresses correctly at first. Shame as its actually a good idea in theory, eliminates many brokers and would be amatuer scalpers who can use Stubhub and Craigslist etc. and hardly lift a finger these days thanks to pdf tickets and so forth.

The fact that it just kicked you out if it didn't like your address was the worst part. I mean, if it had given you a chance to reenter your information, at least, maybe something could've worked out.

But the odds that U2 completely eliminates the "almost" from their almost acoustic set just increased.

"Every breaking bone tells the next one...OUCH!"

The probability of the injury affecting anything other than Bono's ability to do some over-the-top poses on stage is close to zero.

Now if it were any of the other band members, then there would be cause for concern.

machete-kills.jpg

With the injury sounding more serious are we expecting them to pull their appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Absolutely not. Ali would hit the roof as she should! Keep that man resting and healing up. If he's bored, he can finish Songs of Experience! Go Ali! Go Bono! :heart:

He's got basically a full month to recover. I don't see this being cancelled - after all, he only needs to sing, he doesn't actually need his arm to perform like the others do.

Did you even read the official hospital statement? It's not only the arm.

I'm pretty sure they won't perform, it's too soon, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if Bono will be back on stage rather sooner than later. However, at the moment I don't see him making any kind of return to the public eye.

Yeah, I think Bono is done for the rest of the year and this gig will not be happening for them, think they are just waiting until they have a replacement before announcing it.

For the shoulder in 3 pieces he 'll need 3 months recovery at least! Impossible for him to weight a guitar... I can tell you, i disclocated my shoulder once and i couldn't move for a month... and it was just dislocated... I think he'll need 6 months... One month if he takes vicodin or heroin...

For the shoulder in 3 pieces he 'll need 3 months recovery at least! Impossible for him to weight a guitar... I can tell you, i disclocated my shoulder once and i couldn't move for a month... and it was just dislocated... I think he'll need 6 months... One month if he takes vicodin or heroin...

The last line reminds me of this. Bono would certainly be feeling no pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvDZuptvupk

Back
Top Bottom