Thread for people who have heard the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here I was, thinking that I'd take the moral highground and just wait for the CD to be officially released... little did I know the true value of the album! lol

yeah this offer stands for anyone who can prove they have the new album. pm me. i'm a chick, though, if that matters for your naked pictures preferences.

bleh, naked pictures can be had by the thousands on the interent.

I'd need something of real value.

:hmm:

Hey JOFO, :wave:

Since you heard most of the tracks at 2 minutes each, is there any one or two tracks that have you hanging that you're just dying to get the whole thing?

Did anything give that "feeling" of being a great non-single? Like Gone, Kite, Bad, etc...?

The first five tunes are killer.

Boots is the turning point, and I don't personally like it.

Stand Up Comedy also is pretty weak; sounds alot like Crumbs.

Fez and Cedars sound great as well.

yeah, it builds....

kindof wake up deadman-ish....

For people who heard the album, did they take the part out of Breathe from the Beach clips, I guess you'd call it the pre-chorus, where it sounds like the lryic is "We are people born in sound, the songs are in our eyes.....?"

i'm hotter than his dad. also i definitely have a picture of me with a stuffed lobster (of the plush kind, not the edible kind) covering my ladybits, but that is another story.

Damn, you like to reveal alot!

Anything else we can do for these pictures? Lol, j/k.

How will the Red Sox hold up this yr, any predictions?

This is the first thread I have had the patience to get through. I want this record so bad I can feel it, but as the editor of the mainpage, I am in WAY OVER MY HEAD.
And if the album sucks, well,

… it could be a deal-breaker, career-breaker kind of moment for me, for me who has been devout, fanatic U2 fan since early 1984. I actually like—I mean love-- the Bomb; it is in fact the only reason I am here (on Interference, that is….)

Five years is WAY TOO LONG to wait for an album with prolific bitches like Jack White, Ryan Adams, & Kings of Leon in the world.

But I remember the last MARCH U2 release I freaked out about. It was Joshua Tree.
I am praying for this record, am thankful for this thread, & still want GREAT focused reviews to publish on the main page once this thing drops OH SO SOON.

This is the first thread I have had the patience to get through. I want this record so bad I can feel it, but as the editor of the mainpage, I am in WAY OVER MY HEAD.
And if the album sucks, well,

… it could be a deal-breaker, career-breaker kind of moment for me, for me who has been devout, fanatic U2 fan since early 1984. I actually like—I mean love-- the Bomb; it is in fact the only reason I am here (on Interference, that is….)

Five years is WAY TOO LONG to wait for an album with prolific bitches like Jack White, Ryan Adams, & Kings of Leon in the world.

But I remember the last MARCH U2 release I freaked out about. It was Joshua Tree.
I am praying for this record, am thankful for this thread, & still want GREAT focused reviews to publish on the main page once this thing drops OH SO SOON.

You know it really is only four years and three months actually not five years. People have really rotten rounding skills these days.

Dana

They didn't work on the album for 5 years, not even 4 years, there was a lot of stuff going on in the meantime, a long tour, side projects, performances, the actual work on the album took them about 2 years, and that's not really a lot. I don't care waiting that long if the album is great, and by everything I've heard and read so far, it will be great.

They didn't work on the album for 5 years, not even 4 years, there was a lot of stuff going on in the meantime, a long tour, side projects, performances, the actual work on the album took them about 2 years, and that's not really a lot. I don't care waiting that long if the album is great, and by everything I've heard and read so far, it will be great.

Exactly :up:

So many people ignore this fact...:tsk:

I have an interesting observation for anyone who has heard the album.Does the drum and bass groove that appears for the first ten seconds on the Here Is What Is album sound familair or appear on the album?For some reason when I first heard Here is what is the song I thought it was a U2 song that Daniel Lanois was doing backing vocals on.The instruments in that song kind of sound like Achtung Baby.:hmm:

I have an interesting observation for anyone who has heard the album.Does the drum and bass groove that appears for the first ten seconds on the Here Is What Is album sound familair or appear on the album?For some reason when I first heard Here is what is the song I thought it was a U2 song that Daniel Lanois was doing backing vocals on.The instruments in that song kind of sound like Achtung Baby.:hmm:

That's the last track on Daniel's album Here Is What Is, Luna Samba.

Oh wait, you meant the album, not the trailer right? So the music going on in the background of Chest of Drawers, then? :doh:

Thank you Edge 89.Luna Sambre was the track I was thinking about.I didnt know that was on Here Is What Is.Man I thought that was a U2 groove.Also thought Moment of Surrender was Here Is What Is at first.I wish they both were U2 songs.:drool:

Could someone who has heard the album tell if these are, in fact, the lyrics to Moment of Surrender?

I tied myself with wire
To let the horses run free
Playing with the fire until the fire played with me
The stone was semi-precious
We were barely conscious
Two souls too smart to be in the realm of certainty
Even on our wedding day

We set ourselves on fire
Oh God, do not deny her
It´s not if I believe in love
But if love believes in me
Oh, believe in me

At the moment of surrender
I floded to my knees
I did not notice the passers-by
And they did not notice me

I´ve been in every black hole
At the altar of the dark star
My body´s now a begging bowl
That´s begging to get back, begging to get back
To my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my unconsciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released form control

I was punching in the numbers at the ATM machine
I could see in the reflection
A face staring back at me
Of vision over visibility
I did not notice the passers-bay

I was speeding on the subway
Through the stations of the cross
Every eye looking every other way
Counting down ´til the pain would stop

This is what was posted in some other thread. I sure hope they're real, because I think they're pretty :drool:

Could someone who has heard the album tell if these are, in fact, the lyrics to Moment of Surrender?

I tied myself with wire
We were barely conscious
Even on our wedding day

[trimmed]

This is what was posted in some other thread. I sure hope they're real, because I think they're pretty :drool:

You're in luck! Those are they. Absolutely one of Bono's best efforts of the 21st century.

I tied myself with wire
We were barely conscious
Even on our wedding day

We set ourselves on fire
Oh God, do not deny her
It´s not if I believe in love
But if love believes in me
Oh, believe in me

I floded to my knees
I did not notice the passers-by

I´ve been in every black hole
At the altar of the dark star
My body´s now a begging bowl
That´s begging to get back, begging to get back
To my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my unconsciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released form control

I was punching in the numbers at the ATM machine
I could see in the reflection
A face staring back at me

I was speeding on the subway
Through the stations of the cross
Every eye looking every other way
Counting down ´til the pain would stop

Oh this looks so good! Awesome I would say.one of the best bono's lyrics? Am I Alone in this opinion? What others think?

i hope that "ATM" reference doesn't stick out...i've seen reviews pointing that out...

sort of like that stupid lyric at the end of Kite "...when hip hop drove the big cars..." almost ruined a really great song

Wow. Those lyrics are pretty damn good and a huge step up from the last 'album'.

What your telling me that lyrics such as "freedom has a scent, like one of edges farts" or "I want the lot of what u got and nothing that your not" are not good lyrics. Oh come on!:lol:

i hope that "ATM" reference doesn't stick out...i've seen reviews pointing that out...

sort of like that stupid lyric at the end of Kite "...when hip hop drove the big cars..." almost ruined a really great song

Jumping in on your convo here, but I think the ATM reference is perfect and timely since I think he is referring to a monetary moment of consciousness and realization.

"At the moment of surrender of vision over visability"

Having "vision" to see that it's not about appearances or material crap that money buys.

IMO. :D
Carry on...

Jumping in on your convo here, but I think the ATM reference is perfect and timely since I think he is referring to a monetary moment of consciousness and realization.

"At the moment of surrender of vision over visability"

Having "vision" to see that it's not about appearances or material crap that money buys.

IMO. :D
Carry on...

The ATM line doesn't stick out to my ear—it rings very realistic, since the song seems to be about going through the motions of a normal day and suddenly experiencing an epic but totally personal epiphany.

"Force quit! Move to trash!" on the other hand...

Back
Top Bottom