[SPECULATION] U2-new single on New Years Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know, one thing we could try is calling radio stations and asking when the radio premiere will be. my local one here doesn't know anything but that's because i live in Wisconsin, lol!

you know, one thing we could try is calling radio stations and asking when the radio premiere will be. my local one here doesn't know anything but that's because i live in Wisconsin, lol!
i was thinking in twin peaks.:hyper:

Yeah, I would guess that if radio stations still have no clue, we are probably at least 2 weeks away. At least. This is, of course, assuming that U2 use the old tried and true method of release--which is by no means a given.

News coming from France...

A french radio station which is used to be the first french station to broadcast new u2 singles is currently broadcasting messages saying "U2 is back in 2009" with a countdown at the end of the jingle.

No further news but we're getting closer!

Some people tried to contact the dj, waiting for a reply...

News coming from France...

A french radio station which is used to be the first french station to broadcast new u2 singles is currently broadcasting messages saying "U2 is back in 2009" with a countdown at the end of the jingle.

No further news but we're getting closer!

Some people tried to contact the dj, waiting for a reply...

you're french? which radio station? Virgin?

what is the countdown? Does it say 48? Then the next time it's on say 47?

i still don't really trust any source other than U2.com at this point, but cool if it's true.

This means two things: one, 2009 is U2's "year," so this is just a countdown to 2009.

Or, U2 is releasing a single on New Year's Day.

i think we'd know by now if they were releasing a single tomorrow night. if they don't advertise that they are doing that, then what's the point?

If they were releasing one New Years day, wouldn't we have heared it somewhere at least by now? :hmm:

This is RTL2...

But maybe it is just a way making a buzz around their station and I could bet on it but I know the DJ (Zégut) is a real fan... Let's be confident in him!

Sounds like a crafty move on their part, conflating new U2 in 2009 with New Year's 2009. Damn. I got halfway excited there.

Yeah, sounds like a way to get more listeners. Everyone knows U2 will have a song out early in 2009, so why not play with words a little and make it seem like tomorrow night and/or the 1st new U2 will be played.

If the song was given to DJs, it would have leaked by now.

RTL2 is the station who mistakenly broadcasted the Leeds Popmart instead of the Paris show back in 97

maybe this time they 'll air Discotheque instead of GOYB :D

Back
Top Bottom