Singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's great material on SOI, but I honestly don't see much single material. U2 is beyond their "singles" phase. The last big hit they had here where I live was the One version with Mary J. Blige. That says a lot about radio and the charts. I am not even sure I want to hear any of those songs among the horrible music that makes up today's charts. I don't see much potential for singles here that will indeed be successful on radio. Magnificent was the last potential "hit" they could have had, but it didn't work out, which is a shame.

California could do well.
Of course it might also fail spectacularly, but at least it has a fighting chance because the tempo is good for radio (unlike Magnificent) and you can sing/whale along the chorus.

EBW I would try after California.

I would imagine that the first 4 tracks on the album will be singles, though speaking personally Song For Someone doesn't do it for me at all, it's the kind of song that might catch on with the general public.
EBW and California at one point would have been huge hits for U2 but it's unlikely that they can achieve that now, but those tracks give them a decent shot.
I'd like to see TIWYCRMN or The Troubles be singles, but I can't see that happening.

Back
Top Bottom