*rumor* u2 to release new song this week!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm kind of surprised there haven't been any interviews with the band, both local press and national with the start of the tour tomorrow.

I would imagine we will get something to read soon, and hopefully SOE comes up though don't know why I say hopefully when we know the answers already....

Your gonna wake up tomorrow and it's gonna be there on your phone just like s&i :) just imagine. Random folk would be like " the bastards done it again"

Man I never felt so out of tune with the world when that happened. I was so excited and everyone else had a meltdown.

Like Headache has said, it would make too much sense for the band to this.
Lets be honest, how cool would it be for them to play the new song at the show and have cards at all the merch tables that give you a code for itunes to download the new song before anyone else. These are the the little tricks the band could use to push a new song onto the charts, which seems to be what they strive for, but aren't able to do.
Have a group of 50,000 fans able to download the song, every other day (after every show they play) or so for a month until the official release to the public. Obviously people would grab multiple cards to give to friends and you might have a group of 100,000 people checking the song out.

Last edited:
What the hell is this ridiculous argument. You both bloody well agree that some new song is almost certainly not going to drop in the next couple of days!

At a basketball game way back when, my best friend and a teammate went after a loose ball and started struggling over it. After the whistle was blown, the friend threw the ball at our teammate and said, "We're on the same team, you d***!" :lol:

I'm kind of surprised there haven't been any interviews with the band, both local press and national with the start of the tour tomorrow.

I would imagine we will get something to read soon, and hopefully SOE comes up though don't know why I say hopefully when we know the answers already....

All signs point to Seattle..

for some reason, the band have asked that all major reviews be for this show, as opposed to Vancouver :hmm:

Since it looks like the songs might be played in somewhat chronological order could they end the show with the new single? Or do they run the risk of people comparing it to the classic Joshua Tree they just played earlier in the night? If the song is great it could add excitement to its release.

I support the chronological approach this tour. I just wish they'd drop the 90s stuff for R&H and WofS.

Since it looks like the songs might be played in somewhat chronological order could they end the show with the new single? Or do they run the risk of people comparing it to the classic Joshua Tree they just played earlier in the night? If the song is great it could add excitement to its release.

STill think it would be a dumb move for them to close the show with the new song. Gotta be first of the encore of within the encore to keep people in the seats. I dont think they need to worry about it being compared to JT. JT is its own entity, and what fan wouldn't want to hear a new song. Just don't want to lose the casual fan at the last slot as they want to make it out to their car first..

might just be that Canada isn't America enough for an album about the Americas? the show will thematically be a little different, in Canada, I imagine

but it is weird - I think all previous major publication tour reviews were usually the first show of the tour. By major, I'm talking Neil McC, Rolling Stone, Brian Boyd, etc. I'm sure there will be reviews out of the Vancouver press for the Vancouver show

STill think it would be a dumb move for them to close the show with the new song. Gotta be first of the encore of within the encore to keep people in the seats. I dont think they need to worry about it being compared to JT. JT is its own entity, and what fan wouldn't want to hear a new song. Just don't want to lose the casual fan at the last slot as they want to make it out to their car first..
I could see them doing this cuz 'Kiss the Future' and all.

I predict if they are indeed closing the show with a new song, that will last for Vancouver and Seattle, and then they'll move it.

People always leave early to beat traffic, no matter where you play and what you play. I don't think they were too bothered by it on 360, considering they never changed that ending. But I still think they'll find a reason not to like its placement there and move it.

So the new song is "ISHFWILF" Live from Madison Square Garden?!?!?!?

Per U2.com:

Download

Pre-ordered The Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary release on Deluxe or Super Deluxe? On Friday, 'I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Live at Madison Square Garden Choir Version)’ will be available for you to download.

Best wishes,
U2.com Team

Yes!!! I've never heard that version! I always wished U2 had released a soundtrack to that movie they made.

Per U2.com:

Download

Pre-ordered The Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary release on Deluxe or Super Deluxe? On Friday, 'I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Live at Madison Square Garden Choir Version)’ will be available for you to download.

Best wishes,

U2.com Team

Hah well there's that.

might just be that Canada isn't America enough for an album about the Americas? the show will thematically be a little different, in Canada, I imagine

but it is weird - I think all previous major publication tour reviews were usually the first show of the tour. By major, I'm talking Neil McC, Rolling Stone, Brian Boyd, etc. I'm sure there will be reviews out of the Vancouver press for the Vancouver show

A fear of first night jitters, perhaps?

Per U2.com:

Download

Best wishes,
U2.com Team

Ahahahahahahahahaha no.

Per U2.com:

Download

Best wishes,
U2.com Team

I didn't acknowledge this version back in 1995 when I first started listening to my Dad's copy of RAH, and I don't acknowledge it now. Just doesn't interest me.

Per U2.com:

Download

Best wishes,
U2.com Team

Holy shit, Dan and the others were right after all.

I feel like such a fool.

Like Headache has said, it would make too much sense for the band to this.
Lets be honest, how cool would it be for them to play the new song at the show and have cards at all the merch tables that give you a code for itunes to download the new song before anyone else. These are the the little tricks the band could use to push a new song onto the charts, which seems to be what they strive for, but aren't able to do.
Have a group of 50,000 fans able to download the song, every other day (after every show they play) or so for a month until the official release to the public. Obviously people would grab multiple cards to give to friends and you might have a group of 100,000 people checking the song out.

Brilliant idea.

Sign me up!

It's on streaming services too.. or at least, Google Music

it's definitely louder than the R&H mix.. not sure if that means remastered

Back
Top Bottom