Re-Rate the Song: Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.

• Total voters
Gave it an 8.... It's still an 8. Solid song and I really enjoy it still, after 225+ listens! By contrast I got bored with GOYB by this same point (a song I wanted to love but barely liked in the end).

I've mentioned it before but if the album cut of this "edit" has a longer intro, an extra verse or two and a cleaned up ending (I.e. It doesn't just fade right away), I can see this being a 9+.

i think someone got confused, because I can understand if Ordinary Love sound like Coldplay, as Chris Martin had an input on the song..I am sure it's him on the piano..
However, Invisible sounds nothing like them and the guitar part in the chorus reminds me of the end of one of David Bowie's new songs "Where Are We Now".

Sounds too much like Coldplay to me.

How can this be when Coldplay sound like U2 and U2 were around 20 odd years before Coldplay?

How can U2 sound like a band copying their own sound???

It baffles me when people say it ,Coldplay sound like U2 (sometimes)

On invisible U2 sound like U2!

You listened to GOYB 225+ times?

I think I've listened to Invisible 7 times.

Going by my iTunes counter, I listen to GOYB a total of 466 times since it first came out. Keep in mind, the first 450 were within the first year. When new U2 songs(associated with an album) come out, I tend to put them on repeat and just keep listening. Magnificent, Breathe, Crazy tonight and the 7 min + MOS all have over 200 listens. Subsequently, those were the only songs I truly liked on that album.

What might be more interesting is I have listened to With or without you 180 times since I got iTunes and that is almost 30 years old.

First vote was an 8, and still an 8. I'm not sure what context I'm using to judge it with the number, but my instinct is 8. I really like the song and haven't gotten tired of it. I've probably listened an average of once a day since it's come out. The Fallon performance was enjoyable. In the long run- like Elevation- I think it'll be great live, but I won't revisit the studio version often.

How can this be when Coldplay sound like U2 and U2 were around 20 odd years before Coldplay?

How can U2 sound like a band copying their own sound???

It baffles me when people say it ,Coldplay sound like U2 (sometimes)

On invisible U2 sound like U2!

Coldplay don't sound like the U2 I love.

It's still an 8 for me at the moment. I've tried my best to not over listen to it and it's still in my head a lot and sounds pretty fresh to me.

After the Tonight Show performance I'm thinking that when I hear it live in future when they are having a great show this will easily go up to a 9 :D

I think it sounds too much like U2 (not coldplay) - that's my issue wit it. It doesn't take me anywhere I haven't already been with them. Not the worst song, it's actually grown on me considerably, but I think it has more to do with the fact that Bono sings it extremely well and DM's production is solid. Still, nothing groundbreaking. Just yer average 2000 era U2 song for me.

Obvious? I don't think you'll find one person with discernible ears that will agree. Sorry :shrug: it's just a lazy argument to begin with and you chose the wrong song to try it on.

I wasn't aware that saying that I think Invisible sounds too like Coldplay was an argument, let alone a lazy one. It's what's called a personal observation, which I think is obvious.

Do you have any evidence for your assertion that you don't think I'll find one person with discernible ears that will agree?

Welcome to this crazy place ... you will find that making Coldplay references in relation to U2 will bring about many rolled eyes and scoffing.

;)

More or less.

Also, those here who actually like Coldplay (yes, there are hundreds dozens of us!) get annoyed at the Coldplay-bashing that also pops up from time to time.

More or less.

Also, those here who actually like Coldplay (yes, there are hundreds dozens of us!) get annoyed at the Coldplay-bashing that also pops up from time to time.

Oh please don't think I'm having a pop at Coldplay; they're very good at what they do.

No, no - that part wasn't directed at you. Just a general comment about what happens when someone brings up Coldplay. :)

Coldplay, Hitler, failed misogyny jokes. All rather dangerous ground to be honest.

greenwink.gif

I

Do you have any evidence for your assertion that you don't think I'll find one person with discernible ears that will agree?

Yeah: logic

Look CP has certain attributes that make that obvious CP sound; piano, falsetto, obvious chorus. Invisible doesn't have any of these things.

Why don't you inform us of the obvious similarities since no one else sees it?

Yeah: logic

Look CP has certain attributes that make that obvious CP sound; piano, falsetto, obvious chorus. Invisible doesn't have any of these things.

Why don't you inform us of the obvious similarities since no one else sees it?

Logic? That's illogical.

Distinctive guitar sound that I've heard on numerous CP songs.

Do you have any evidence that no one else sees that or do you just make it up as you go along?

btw, it also sounds too much like the Killers to me, too.

No but seriously though Fuck Coldplay

I'm so sick of hearing about them. I think Id probably even like them somewhat if people didn't keep coming in the U2 section saying idiotic moronic things like U2 sounds like Coldplay, the guitar is the same, omg there's keyboards must be trying to be Coldplay etc etc ad naseum

Fact: No matter how much people want to compare the two bands, U2 was there first for two decades before Coldplay. There is no Coldplay without U2, period.

So take your Coldplay fan boy shit on over to a Coldplay forum...or at least over to the appropriate thread in the Bang & Clatter music section of this one.

Logic? That's illogical.

Distinctive guitar sound that I've heard on numerous CP songs.

Do you have any evidence that no one else sees that or do you just make it up as you go along?

btw, it also sounds too much like the Killers to me, too.

That was very convincing council, I forgot about that distinctive guitar tone that CP are known for :wink:

Even the normal sounds like CP offenders aren't saying that with this song, that's a pretty big indicator to me.

Back
Top Bottom