New Video on U2.com Pt 3 (New Video 11/1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be great if in the run up to the album release u2.com could give us some more of these clips, but make them a) a lot longer and b) be a lot less abstract and have much more song specific substance to them. If they want to create some real anticipation they need to start letting some cats of the bag soonish.

It would be great if in the run up to the album release u2.com could give us some more of these clips, but make them a) a lot longer and b) be a lot less abstract and have much more song specific substance to them. If they want to create some real anticipation they need to start letting some cats of the bag soonish.

Either that or, twice a week, post a video about a different song on the disc, talk to band members about how it came about, what its about and then play a 30 second clip at the end.

I thought the term hendrix inspired referred specifically to the drums?

edit: i realise I doesn't make much sense, but a more stylistic statement

There hasn't been any recent mention of Hendrix inspiration on COL, so it might've been scrapped.

Noticed another connection... in the motorcycle clip Bono mentions ghosts... ghosts are mentioned as not being real in GOYB....:hmm:

The Hendrix influence on the drums is definitely in GOYB. So is some of the backing vocals. Listen to "Fire" and "Crosstown Traffic."

right now I'm concerned most with this clip that I completely forgot about:

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/dallas.swf

seriously, that is beautiful, and it would make for an incredible transition of some sort, or an intro, or even an outro, something! It has to work in some way on this record, and if it doesn't make the album, what a shame :pray:

I'd never heard that before; that IS really nice. I hope it's a nice background on one of the album tracks.

I have a strong feeling the U2.com clip "Larryinstudio" is MOS. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to hear it.

has anyone pointed out that Eno is wearing the same shirt on every video he's in?

The sound quality on the beach clip is not good but if you listen closely there are some nice parts. I'm sure the finished version is different and better.

"Mexican bass!"

I have a very strong feeling that http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larrystuff.swf is Stand Up Comedy - it's got that "groove', Moroccan rhythm and rock swagger which it's been described to have.

Going by the descriptions that we have of all of the songs I can't imagine what else it could be. Its got to be Stand Up Comedy. I love that clip...the riff has the Led Zeppelin swagger that is talked about in the interviews we've read. Is that the only clip that has a snippet of Bono actually singing? I found it weird that there weren't more clips with him in it. I thought I heard his voice in the "Breathe" clip, but you can barely hear him.

I have a strong feeling the U2.com clip "Larryinstudio" is MOS. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to hear it.

Which clip is that? I can't remember it. I'll have to go and listen to it again. Funny how we have next to nothing in the line of MOS clips or leaks or anything. I wonder if the ultra quick nature of its creation and completion has something to do with that.

(As much as I hate the title!) Stand Up Comedy sounds like its going to be fucking amazing! They should definitely release it as a single, with a funky riff like that they would be daft not to

I think Stand Up Comedy is a great title, it's better than just "Stand up", it has a touch of irony to it and some circus/slapstick flair. I guess it will be a very self-ironic song for Bono, they should make a comical video for the song as well.

I think Stand Up Comedy is a great title, it's better than just "Stand up", it has a touch of irony to it and some circus/slapstick flair. I guess it will be a very self-ironic song for Bono, they should make a comical video for the song as well.

We agree to disagree I guess. Doesn't matter though, cause I'm sure the song itself will strap on a good set of boots and kick some major rump.

I just hope that they go back to the type of videos they did in the mid to late 90's. Video's like One, EBTTRT, Lemon, Stay, etc. Those videos were just stellar. The crap they put out like Vertigo, Elevation or Stuck were horrible IMO. I think the last couple of vids they did were fantastic (WIS and OOTS) Hopefully they'll follow on those footsteps.

stand up comedy makes me think of something U2 wouldve come up with during the street mission/life on a distant planet days.

Also, there a way worse title in the tracklist to be concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom