New video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If RBW is a single, then I quit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm 99% sure Every Breaking Wave is the next single at least here in the states.

Oversees, they may very well release a different song(not unprecedented) and going by the video clips we have seen(which may represent only part of the full video story) it would seem it relates to either the Troubles or RBW. The Troubles would be the much better single choice not only because it's a better song (my opinion) but it contrasts well with the initial single The Miracle (Rock/slow ballad vs rock/Rock).

So don't quit just yet but you may want to think about typing up your resignation letter ;)

I don't matter for what song the video is, they'd better release a single/video asap or SOI will disappear from the charts foregood.
EBW should 've been released a few weeks after The Miracle, just like The Fly and Mysterious was.

I don't matter for what song the video is, they'd better release a single/video asap or SOI will disappear from the charts foregood.
EBW should 've been released a few weeks after The Miracle, just like The Fly and Mysterious was.

This. Totally this. Whatever window of opportunity they had to make this album a thing (beyond the novelty of the way it was released) is closing, if not already shut.

Sent from my ass crack

I love RBW but that would be an idiotic choice.

And going by their track record, I doubt it gets the nod. This isn't 1993, or even 1997.

Given the imagery and going to Belfast of all places, it is plausible. Looking at the lyrics, RBW also fits with what we've seen of the video.

Why go the obvious single route with EBW (and apparently switching the wave/sea metaphor for ... street violence/car bomb? I'd love to hear that one explained) The popular vote is for Troubles (which, the band claim is not about THE Troubles to begin with).

NoEh I tend to disagree on Raised By Wolves not being a good choice. U2 most likely will never win the mainstream over again no matter what they do. The only category I see them doing well in is with the alternative crowd albeit mildly. Most of the people and musicians I know sit in this category and the popular consensus has been RBW, Reach Around and The Troubles for this album.

These are also the songs that sound the least like their output since 2000 and also stand out differently musically to what is currently out there at the moment. Having that differentiation is where I see their best chance of having any kind of single success. But for the States it appears EBW is the next lock.

However my opinion on the matter is irrelevant other than the pictures do seem to fit the RBW story. Or The Troubles if I have totally misinterpreted its meaning.

Sent from down the rabbit hole

EBW and the picture imagery of the video shoot don't quite match, imho.

It could be(complete speculation) that the video reflects on Bono trying to keep his relationship together while all this other stuff is gong on in the world around him. The distractions of fighting/bombings and being in a band that is traveling the world and yet trying to keep their relationship going.

Although there is no mention of any such imagery/situation in that song, so I think I'm pushing the limits in this one but its all I got!!!

Come on guys, judging by the images, this has to be the video for California.

;)

Back
Top Bottom