New album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Proxy Encountered Error
Host Address Not Found: The proxy could not find an IP address for the host in your request. Possible causes include mistyped URL, misconfigured DNS and transient network problems.

This is what I got.

Maybe because of the "....." part. I'll post it in portions to see if it it'll work. Cut & paste each portion to get the site. Thanks for trying!

http://www.

torrent

reactor.net/torrents

/2000243/U2-No-Line-On-T

he-Horizon-2008

-(Advanced-Album)

**ETA: the issue was "www . torrent reactor" was blocked by interference. :tsk:

Proxy Encountered Error
Host Address Not Found: The proxy could not find an IP address for the host in your request. Possible causes include mistyped URL, misconfigured DNS and transient network problems.

Is that the new title of the album?

This is hilarious! On one hand there is talk of 2009 and here, a new thread that the album has leaked! Has the internet gone mad? Or is it just the fans?

I have to tell you guys i'm bored. I'm pretty damn bored. All the hype in 2004 was exciting but helped to increase my disappointment. Miracle drug sounded wonderful, atmosferic. Vertigo and Love and Peace were sensational rockers. But when the record came out there were this feeling that the songs were not that good... and they weren't. So by now i was pleased not to get beach clips or some kind of leak. The surprise efect is very nice... just like JT, AB days. But now is Sptember and we have no oficial anouncements. No release dates, no names, no single confirmation... nothing. Just stupid videos and bad beach clips. Metallica, Oasis, Killers, all of them gave good info to their fans. But U2 kept all of us in the dark. It's a shame, because all the excitement is becoming boredom.

I have to tell you guys i'm bored. I'm pretty damn bored. All the hype in 2004 was exciting but helped to increase my disappointment. Miracle drug sounded wonderful, atmosferic. Vertigo and Love and Peace were sensational rockers. But when the record came out there were this feeling that the songs were not that good... and they weren't. So by now i was pleased not to get beach clips or some kind of leak. The surprise efect is very nice... just like JT, AB days. But now is Sptember and we have no oficial anouncements. No release dates, no names, no single confirmation... nothing. Just stupid videos and bad beach clips. Metallica, Oasis, Killers, all of them gave good info to their fans. But U2 kept all of us in the dark. It's a shame, because all the excitement is becoming boredom.

This is one of the most contradictory postings I've read. You don't want information/leaks...but you do.

This is one of the most contradictory postings I've read. You don't want information/leaks...but you do.

All i am saying is that i was expecting some kind of information, release dates, names , etc. But we got nothing! It's September already!!! We don't need any leaks... just give us a date and a name!

All i am saying is that i was expecting some kind of information, release dates, names , etc. But we got nothing! It's September already!!! We don't need any leaks... just give us a date and a name!

November 18th is the date.
No Line On The Horizon is the first single, with the video already finished (Anton Corbijn is directing).
Songs include "No Line On The Horizon", "Breathe", "Get On Your Boots", "Moment Of Surrender", and "For Your Love".
Artwork has been shot.
Tour to likely begin in March.

Happy?

I've said it before but if we don't get concrete information (single release, etc.) from U2.com in the next 2 to 3 weeks, we are probably in trouble in terms of seeing this album in 2008.

What can you do, though? Nothing. Them's the breaks.

November 18th is the date.
No Line On The Horizon is the first single, with the video already finished (Anton Corbijn is directing).
Songs include "No Line On The Horizon", "Breathe", "Get On Your Boots", "Moment Of Surrender", and "For Your Love".
Artwork has been shot.
Tour to likely begin in March.

Happy?
Nothing you wrote is offcial. The made no announcements yet. There is nothing on U2.com either. That's it! There is nothing concrete yet.

Nothing you wrote is offcial. The made no announcements yet. There is nothing on U2.com either. That's it! There is nothing concrete yet.

How is this not concrete news? Where do you think our current sources are hearing this stuff from? The band has confirmed the titles, and Bono has commented that the album is one of the most COMPLETE they've made. Why on earth would they want to rework it now?

Confirmed tidbits > Confirmed rumors. Period.

We are not at the same stage as Oasis or Metallica. You have to understand one thing, there were no official announcements. Even today there is a rumor saying that the album will be release in 2009.And is this exctaly thing, this lack of information that is taking away the fun. We were ate the point of getting some concrete news. Album name, release date, a new U2.com. Album cover. This kind of info that spices things up!

Do you really think that November 18th is still a realistic date? If it is, like I said, we should be getting a release date for the single in the next few weeks don't you think?

In the next few weeks. Not today.

I can name no less than four artists that have released albums in about a week's notice this year. U2 won't do something that extreme, but it wouldn't shock me if they released the single a month before release, versus the usual two (which, IMO, is far too long as it is). It sure makes a whole lot more sense than U2 releasing the album in January because unconfirmed sources have said that they don't like the material, though they have said the opposite with their own mouths.

In the next few weeks. Not today.

I can name no less than four artists that have released albums in about a week's notice this year. U2 won't do something that extreme, but it wouldn't shock me if they released the single a month before release, versus the usual two (which, IMO, is far too long as it is). It sure makes a whole lot more sense than U2 releasing the album in January because unconfirmed sources have said that they don't like the material, though they have said the opposite with their own mouths.

Yeah, that's true, with the new trend we could be in for an unusual/more rapid style of release from U2 this time.

Those Radioheaders sure fucked up the mainstream didn't they?

Back
Top Bottom