More New Song Titles Emerge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Disciple

New Yorker
New U2 Songs: Sacred Heart of Malibu & Mother of Pearl

New U2 Songs: Sacred Heart of Malibu & Mother of Pearl
Posted: December 07, 2010
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Add two new song titles into the mix for possible inclusion on U2's next album, or a future album: "The Sacred Heart of Malibu" and "Mother of Pearl."

@U2 reader Dennis L. tells us that both of those song names are mentioned in And They Called Him Bono, a recent book by Dutch journalist Bert van de Kamp. (official website here) Dennis explains that, in a recent interview, Bono played these two new songs and asked van de Kamp for his opinion. Bono also played a third song that's described a "Eurodisco-sounding," but the name of the song isn't mentioned in the book.

We've updated our U2 new album page with this information, and we've also added the full list of song titles from the Spider-Man musical, just in case Bono is someday able to convince Larry to use those songs on a U2 album.

This is interesting!

Though "Eurodisco-sounding" sounds eerily like the other worldly descriptions of NLOTH tracks that turned out to be, well, not that otherworldly.

Yeah, see, I don't follow giant threads like that, with news buried in them, so I appreciate a new thread like this. If the sticky thread is being updated regularly again, then disregard this post, otherwise, the whole point of this branch of the forum is album news, so why should everything be relegated to ONE thread?

I can see the lyrics now ...

Clunky and crappy
Y2K thinks it's sappy
But he won't kneel, oh no
The magic in his heart he doesn't feel ...
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Yeah, see, I don't follow giant threads like that, with news buried in them, so I appreciate a new thread like this. If the sticky thread is being updated regularly again, then disregard this post, otherwise, the whole point of this branch of the forum is album news, so why should everything be relegated to ONE thread?

Agreeeeeed. I love this site, but it does have a knack for burying info in 65+ page discussions. I don't have time to dig through all that.

And if its being talked about in 2 locations, no skin off my back.

Attributed to Bono's songwriting fails of the past decade. I like that.

I actually don't mind Bono's lyrics of the past decade. :shh:

I fell in love with nature but somehow hold true to my beliefs of a time and place where everything will die.
You, me, we all follow this road.
It's a twisted plot we won't unravel until we've left ourselves.
Suddenly in the night your eyes will open to see a beauty you cannot behold.

Ugh...people complaining about titles. I'll tell you a crappy title..."The Joshua Tree." In the winter of 1986/87 my friends were waiting for the new U2 record and we read that it was called TJT. We were like, huh? What does that mean? It's kind of dull.

Then something in the summer of 91 I read that U2's next album would be called...wait for it..."Achtung Baby." I was like, "My god. They're nuts. That's the end of their career. This albums going to be a joke..."

Anyway, you get the point.

It's just that "Sacred Heart of Malibu" sounds like the title of a bad B-Side from Brandon Flower's solo album.

U2 have NEVER realy had good names for things. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is terrible. I can't really think of a good one to be honest. So many of them sound like platitudes and cliches and nonsense, but it is the music itself that excuses this

U2 have NEVER realy had good names for things. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is terrible. I can't really think of a good one to be honest. So many of them sound like platitudes and cliches and nonsense, but it is the music itself that excuses this

I'd say it's 50/50. Until the End of the World and The Fly and Zoo Station are awesome but on the other hand Crazy and Sometimes and Who's Gonna Ride ... are fairly average.

I'd say it's 50/50. Until the End of the World and The Fly and Zoo Station are awesome but on the other hand Crazy and Sometimes and Who's Gonna Ride ... are fairly average.

Until th End of theWorld is the definition of a cliche song title.

EVERYONE has a song about the end of the world (It's The End of the World as we Know It etc) The Fly on the face of it sounds like a poem a child writes in kindergarten when lerning about nature. Zoo Station sounds like a narrative a kid writes after a train trip to the zoo.

Until th End of theWorld is the definition of a cliche song title.

EVERYONE has a song about the end of the world (It's The End of the World as we Know It etc) The Fly on the face of it sounds like a poem a child writes in kindergarten when lerning about nature. Zoo Station sounds like a narrative a kid writes after a train trip to the zoo.

"It's the End of the World As We Know It" is a pretty clunky title, probably deliberately so, but my point still stands.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is not a horrible title at all, but I doubt a single living person on planet earth knew what it really meant when it came out. (unless Bono told them, of course ;))

I should judge songs by song titles. That way I'll fit into this place better. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom