Moment Of Surrender Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm usually not one for these types of songs, ESPECIALLY if their 7 mins, but i have to say they nailed this. When it ended i remember thinkin how the hell was that 7 mins. Can't even tell you why i like it so much (well other then the passion of that singer, who was that young man with that power in his voice, he sounds so familiar :hmm:). There's something else to that song, maybe eno threw in some subliminal messages?

That too.

You're 23 years old, so you couldn't have been a fan in the '80s. Could it be that not knowing everything about the making of Streets, One, and Stay upon hearing them made those songs feel more special and spontaneous to you? We've had Moment of Surrender shoved down our throats for months.

For the record, my expectations of MOS were very low simply because of the hype. There was no way it could have possibly lived up to that. It's a very good song, no more, no less.

I was most interested in MOS exactly because of the hype - mostly Eno's.

And it delivers. It may be debatable whether it's the "best U2 song ever", but the band hit here on something that they hadn't since One. And it's all the more impressive knowing that, save for a few tiny edits, this is a single take song.

I'll post here once I actually listen to it. You guys hyped it up too well.

BUT IM WAITING TIL MARCH

You are truly tough, but it's not long to go.

It will be worth the wait.

:)

Moment of Surrender is an amazing song, beautiful, you don't even notice it's over 7 minutes long. Very good lyrics, very emotional and moving. Also a beautiful little Edge solo.

:up:

I wonder if they'd ever considering doing it with a gospel choir, like I still haven't found... on Rattle and Hum.

I wonder if they'd ever considering doing it with a gospel choir, like I still haven't found... on Rattle and Hum.

That's what i'm saying they have to do it at least on some tv show with a gospel choir. This album is very sneaky it's a rocker but slow songs and gospel songs. :applaud:

it's amazing to me how the song does not seem long at all...it transports you and you don't even notice 7 minutes go by....i wish it were another 7 minutes long.

on a lighter (and more ridiculous) note, i pitcure Bono at the ATM machine...could you imagine the account balance? he pulls out a couple hundred bucks and the screen says: your available balance is $307,998,232.45. :lol:

MOS best of the album for me, and surely in Top 3 of the 00´s!
Bono singing is pure emotion, a lot of fellings going on, his voice is amazing and strong
:heart:

I was most interested in MOS exactly because of the hype - mostly Eno's.

And it delivers. It may be debatable whether it's the "best U2 song ever", but the band hit here on something that they hadn't since One. And it's all the more impressive knowing that, save for a few tiny edits, this is a single take song.

Agreed. There's something transcendent about this song; something that's been missing in their music for a long time. Everything about it sounds so natural.

24 hours from my last report in this thread, and it's grown from a song I'm really starting to love to "fucking incredible" status.

The only problem for it when ranking songs on the album is that there are so make songs on the album that have "fucking incredible" status for me, at least right now.

24 hours from my last report in this thread, and it's grown from a song I'm really starting to love to "fucking incredible" status.

The only problem for it when ranking songs on the album is that there are so make songs on the album that have "fucking incredible" status for me, at least right now.

Yepp. Actually more "fucking incredible" songs than on either JT or AB..

It may just be the BEST ALBUM! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom