LOT'S OF U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vlasak

Acrobat
I'm in Austin, Texas. Our three major radio stations are playing A LOT of U2 in the past week! Did this happen before a new cd in the past? It's getting me excited! I feel as though something is about to happen!!!

I doubt anything will be leaked this early, without us having about 983543 rumors of the song title the possibility of a leak, etc. It would be baller if it did though.

I doubt anything will be leaked this early, without us having about 983543 rumors of the song title the possibility of a leak, etc. It would be baller if it did though.

Yeah, we're not in the rumor stage for the first single yet. We are, however, at the album title and release date rumor stage, which is a start.

I'm in Austin, Texas. Our three major radio stations are playing A LOT of U2 in the past week! Did this happen before a new cd in the past? It's getting me excited! I feel as though something is about to happen!!!

What stations (I live in Austin, too)? KGSR, I assume, is one of them? I never listen to radio, so I'd be interested in hearing which ones are playing a lot of U2.

U2 is played all the time here----whenever they go to commercial break, they say something like "When we come back, we've got ____, ______, and U2!"

Today, though, one of the local stations had a long stretch of continuous U2 at lunchtime....

I haven't noticed my stations playing more U2, in fact my stations almost never play U2 :madspit:

I haven't noticed my stations playing more U2, in fact my stations almost never play U2 :madspit:

Get Sirius/XM and you'll have plenty of U2.

There's even a rumor that they'll make an all U2 channel in conjunction with the new album release. They've already done that with Bruce Springsteen and The Stones....so why not U2 right?

There's even a rumor that they'll make an all U2 channel in conjunction with the new album release. They've already done that with Bruce Springsteen and The Stones....so why not U2 right?

Siriusly, :hyper: U2 - wish I had it. another thing to add to my list.

Heard Wild Horses in the grocery store tonight. Stood under the speaker for the ending. :hyper:

As in Seconds from WAR???? Wow! What store were YOU in?

definitely wasn't a Target or Walmart. LOL!

"say bye bye...where you going to-niiiight!" Great song...great song.

Yes that's the one :wink:
I was in Barnes & Noble. I was just leaving when Twilight Zone by Golden Earring came on so I stayed for that, then Seconds was next so I stayed a bit longer.

There was a whole commercial for our local record store (independently owned) that was advertising all the U2 remasters. The didn't mention any other band. :hmm:

I was listening to my local Alternative Rock station the other day and heard a host of artists saying, "hi this is..." and then I heard, "Hey, it's Bono," and I freaked out.

Also, we have to remember... U2 are generally considered the biggest band in the world. Their products are popular with non-mega-fans.

They did it with Coldplay also.

same here.. a rare occasion when they do and I have XM satellite radio in my car. But you can count on them doing something like they did with coldplay where they dedicated a station to them for a month once the album is released.

same here.. a rare occasion when they do and I have XM satellite radio in my car. But you can count on them doing something like they did with coldplay where they dedicated a station to them for a month once the album is released.

Yeah I have Sirius but I hear XM now has a Metallica channel for about a month for their new album which I think is out next month...so your right all the bigger bands get this honor and no doubt it will be the same with U2

Yeah I have Sirius but I hear XM now has a Metallica channel for about a month for their new album which I think is out next month...so your right all the bigger bands get this honor and no doubt it will be the same with U2

Nothing against Metallica, because they are truly a great band...but the rumor I heard was that U2 were going to get MORE than a month long showcase. Because of their extensive song catalogue and live music catalogue they were working out having an entire channel devoted to the band FULLTIME...similarly to Springsteen, The Stones, etc.

That would be really nice.

They did it with Coldplay also.

How could there be an all-Coldplay channel? Wouldn't they go through their whole catalog in about four hours? :scratch:

My local stations have been playing more U2 than normal over the past few weeks. I actually heard "Sweetest Thing." That was a shock.

Back
Top Bottom