Life on a distant Planet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know this is just dreaming but edge mentioned about having Life on a distant planet finished sometime but wouldn't it be cool if we got this song as a single before the album? I wouldn't think it would fit on the album if they are doing a more experimental album but it sounds like it could e a cool song! I would love to see a one off single along with a finished version of street missions as a b-side. Street missions really has a killer guitar solo in there!!!

anyway I think that would be a nice surprise to tie us over before the album comes out!

Opinions or comments? BTW i never heard "life on a distant planet" i am not even sure if a demo or bootleg exists out there of this song but I would love to hear it considering this was the edge's first song e wrote for U2!

anyway happy holidays everyone!

it's out there

it's not great, but - as with everything U2 did when they started - it does haev a certain energy

It's fun for what it is, but I don't think it's worth returning to. Maybe it'll turn up on the eventual Boy remaster.

This really should have been on Boy, or at least a b-side. U2 are probably more likely to play October live in its entirety on ukuleles before they'd ever consider resurrecting Lost On A Silent Planet (or whatever you care to name it), but I sure hope it ends up as a bonus track on any future remastered Boy release.

Wow thanks for the link! Well i must say its not their best of the early demos!! I think street missions was much better but it has some potential if it ever gets finishied! I am sure we will see it when they remaster boy and put it as a b-side. Either way thanks for the info :) I am loving all the videos of the early demos on youtube!

I don't think it has any place on Boy. Any band worth anything has to work through some early material to get to the gold. Boy is an awesome debut. This song, while fun, is a trifle. It's goofy to see the band try to find their sound, but LTADP would be a blemish on an otherwise brilliant album.

I could nvr picture them revisting that song...Street Missions is better anyway...& The Fool can get stuck in ur head 4 hours

Back
Top Bottom