I met Brian Eno today and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's great you went to the march and met Eno.
However, what was he going to say, "The album? Eh....it's ok; sounds alot like their last one"...???

:wink:

Nice job! As others have said, it's really great to hear this coming from Eno himself. :yes:

I think it's great you went to the march and met Eno.
However, what was he going to say, "The album? Eh....it's ok; sounds alot like their last one"...???

:wink:

Exactly. Great that you got to meet him Aardvark, but I think I'm taking this comment with a grain of salt.

Exactly. Great that you got to meet him Aardvark, but I think I'm taking this comment with a grain of salt.

He could have said "It really is a very good album and we think that people are really going to like it."

There are a million ways to say something is solid without saying it's "their best".

I'm still want to judge for myself, but Eno did not have to say what he said. Maybe he really believes it...:hmm:

Thanks. And I understand what you say because of course the same thought goes through my mind. However, as a source of information i'd say he has a lot more gravitas than others we may get snippets from. And I guess also I really want to believe that it will be that good, after he told me so!:wink:

don't get me wrong, this is GREAT news....It just perplexes me how Eno could possibly put this album above JT or AB, or even on the same level....it's almost frustrating to hear....I mean seriously, how the fuck can it be better than JT or AB???? C'mon Eno...don't say it's bad, but don't say it's their best ever!

And lets keep in mind..this is Brian fucking Eno.....and this man is putting this album up there with JT and AB? :hmm: :pray:

ok, I'm sorta getting carried away here....but yeah, great news regardless :up:

don't get me wrong, this is GREAT news....It just perplexes me how Eno could possibly put this album above JT or AB, or even on the same level....it's almost frustrating to hear....I mean seriously, how the fuck can it be better than JT or AB???? C'mon Eno...don't say it's bad, but don't say it's their best ever!

ok, I'm sorta getting carried away here....but yeah, great news regardless :up:

Maybe it is better...

:reject:

We can't really make a judgment on it until we hear it. Obviously we expect that Eno is biased but who are we to assume anything about it until it leaks or is released?

C'mon you guys! Take the comment with a grain of salt and just be happy that he even said anything. Don't build your expectations up so ridiculously high that you get disappointed later at the slightest faux pas on the album. :doh:

It will be a decent album. That is all I'm hoping for.

I hope it is better than Achtung or the Joshua Tree. Will it be? I'll let you know in a month if I think it'll be on par. If it's not, so what? if it is, awesome. Either way, it's Eno's opinion and he's entitled to it all he wants to be. I don't get how it's frustrating to hear these comments, or anybody's comments regarding the new album. Judge for yourself and be excited that people think so highly of it so far.

That's an incredible story, Aardvark!
Were you the only one to approach the man? Is he that inconspicuous?

If it's not their absolute best then I think:

1) It will be there best since Achtung Baby

2) It will be their longest album (over an hour)

3) It will be my 1st or 2nd favorite due to:

a) what I've heard in the beach clips
b) the inspiration from the Fez music festival
c) rythmic innovation.

That's an incredible story, Aardvark!
Were you the only one to approach the man? Is he that inconspicuous?

I wondered if many other people would recognize him, especially in the crowd. I didnt see anyone else approach him, but they were all concentrating on not walking into one another! He blended in with everyone else pretty much. Big grey winter coat with matching wooly hat and gloves!

050610_md_BrianEno_ex.jpg

I'm still here :wave:

I only posted a thread the other day and it was promptly locked .... some things never change.

Well i'll be hanging around here now ( fairweather fan and all that )

This new album had better be worth the bloody wait :huh:

Hows it going Aardy ? things ok ??

BSB:applaud:

I'm still here :wave:

I only posted a thread the other day and it was promptly locked .... some things never change.

Well i'll be hanging around here now ( fairweather fan and all that )

Well no shitting on my thread please. I dont want it locked!:angry:

Fairweather fan - :down:

Did u see Cov are playing Torquay in the next round of the FA Cup? They're going down.

Back
Top Bottom