Here comes the press rollout...Time magazine cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tango and Cash is like Kurt Russell's Joshua Tree.

Big Trouble in Little China would be Kurt Russell's "War", as it really put him on the map!

Escape from New York would be his Unforgettable Fire
Escape from LA...Passengers (that movie is aweful... He actually surfs a wave in one of the worst CGI scenes)

Captain Ron would be Pop....good intentions but didn't deliver.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I really don't know where to go with this

I went to the shop today to get the rolling stone mag (UK) and they had the Obama one which is issue 1220. The u2 issue is 1221 so it will be the next one in the shops.

All downhill after The Barefoot Executive. Kurt started demanding stuff...like scripts, better camera angles, no monkeys.

;)

If it helps, I think Escape from New York is a genre classic...and there's never been another movie quite like Big Trouble in Little China.

Fair enough!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

https://twitter.com/U2uruguay/status/535786688355004416

B29_IsPCAAAo4T_.jpg:large

That's the attitude!!!

:rockon:

Yes, it's unfair that the "Apple's stunt" has influence so badly such a great record.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Absolutely! If they'd have just released the same album in the traditional manner, they've been in the top 10 of those same lists, I guarantee it. The album is actually really good, and would've garnered much critical acclaim. It would've shot to #1 the first week, and then hung around in the top 10 another week or 2, and then fallen down the charts, just like NLOTH. BUT... there would be no negativity surrounding this release at all. And maybe, because of that, some of the singles would be given a little breathing room, and have a chance to do their job.

This release strategy was an absolute FAILURE. Time has proven this to be true. They should've let the music do the talking. They fucked this one up, and it'll go down in history as the most hated album in U2 history. I don't know if at this stage they can come back from this.

It's a shame, because I really like the album.

Back
Top Bottom