Got a reply from Dave Fanning today / Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm perfectly willing to record the 32kbps web stream if I need to, although I'll be sleeping while it happens.

If not, I'll probably keep KGSR on record all day until I get GOYB captured. Unless it is recorded before then.

I've been saving the 3 or so dollars left in my account for the new single, expecting it to be on iTunes when it gets its first radio airplay. So i'll just spend the 3 bucks on whatever I need. Phew. :D

For the Brits: Single to be played by Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1 on Monday Morning.
I expect any other radio will play it as well. :hyper:

Err... ok, not the first one to know, I guess. This is getting out of control. You need to LIVE on Interference and not do any work at all not to look stupid I guess...

It's going to be midnight here on the Westcoast Sunday when it gets released so I'll be right tuned to as many radio stations as possible. I just need to figure out how to record it.

Nice one! Any idea of time? Just after 8 I would guess...:hyper:

on the i got on boots this morning thread they said that Moyles said just before 8 and just after
I am so gonna get up at 6.30 and listen to the WHOLE program, just in case.:drool:

on the i got on boots this morning thread they said that Moyles said just before 8 and just after
I am so gonna get up at 6.30 and listen to the WHOLE program, just in case.:drool:

i doubt anyone will play it before Fanning and that'll be just after 8am
the 6:30 - 10am thing with Moyles is just a way to sucker you in to listening to hiw entire show (not recommended!)

Damn, do I wait 4 hours through the whole Chris Moyles show when I actually can't stand Chris Moyles?
Why couldn't it have been the Sara Cox or Scott Mills show?! :| :| :|

NEWS DIGEST: Friday, January 16 - News - Mojo

U2 have unveiled the artwork (pictured left) and tracklisting for their new album No Line on the Horizon - set for release on March 2.

A digital single release, Get on Your Boots, will precede the album on February 15. Physical formats will be available the following day. The song will be premiered on Radio 1's Chris Moyles show on Monday (Jan 19) morning.

Produced by usual suspects Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno and Steve Lillywhite, NLOTH is the band's 12th studio album. Be sure to check back here next week for MOJO's exclusive first listen report.

The tracklisting looks like this:

No Line on the Horizon
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy
Fez -- Being Born
White As Snow
Breathe
Cedars of Lebanon

U2 are expected to tour the world later this year.

I posted this somewhere else yesterday - edge102.1 here in Toronto posted the following on its website -

Get On Your Boots
Posted 1/15/2009 12:00:00 AM
The new U2 album “No Line On The Horizon” is in stores March 3rd.

On Monday (Jan. 19) we get the new single “Get On Your Boots” and we’ll be playin’ lots. After you hear it, check back here and let us know what you think.

Feel free to leave us your comments or rant in the boxes below.

102.1 the Edge - Feedback

omggggggggg

I'm getting overwhelmed....

I live in Los Angeles....what radio stations should I be tuned to and at what time and when?! I'd like to hear the song as much as possible asap....

anyone have a list of stations?

and can we access these stations online?

I'm new to the whole radio/new single thing :confused:

omggggggggg

I'm getting overwhelmed....

I live in Los Angeles....what radio stations should I be tuned to and at what time and when?! I'd like to hear the song as much as possible asap....

anyone have a list of stations?

and can we access these stations online?

I'm new to the whole radio/new single thing :confused:

I'd think that KROQ would be one of the first to play it in LA.

What are the chances it'll leak over the weekend? how are these things handled? I'm guessing it'll be distributed digitally on monday. Over torrent maybe? Or will radiostations get a cd promo?

Okay my head is starting to spin...:crack:

If one is outside Ireland and can't listen to Fanning, who is likely to be the next one to play it?

Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1 is playing it about 8am UK Time, as is Absolute Radio in the UK

Back
Top Bottom