Favourite song on new album changing by the minute!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mikie

The Fly
Hi all!

I`m sure i`m not the only one, but since i brought the cd last Sunday my favirite song on NLOTH has changed about five times....he he!
I am finding that they are all stuck in my head while i am at work or wherever, which is a good sign i guess! If they were crap songs i probably wouldn`t remember the lyrics at all! I`m tossing up between Magnificent and Unknown Caller, but really into Breathe right now!
For me the guys have done it again! Music so new, so different yet somewhat familiar all at the same time! For me it gets 4/5 stars! I don`t hate them but i prefer the faster songs compared to say Cedars and White As Snow, otherwise 5 stars!
I think Edge is fantastic on this record, and i love his solo on Unknown Caller......HOT! Can just imagine it live, to the cheers and screaming of thousands of U2 fans!

Cheers, Mikie.

its happening to me too, did not go much on white as snow as first but now find myself singing it to myself! There are definitely songs on the album to suit your mood of the day,changing from one day to the next! :)

:yes: . . . this is the kind of album I adore with capital :heart: :D

Magnificent has its hooks into me at the moment - the intro just sends chills up my spine - it is glorious

I love that with every listen something else pops out and taps me on the shoulder demanding my attention

I haven't been thrashing it to bits like I did with the last two (actually have trouble listening to atyclb and bomb from go to whoa these days :reject: ) and managed to steer clear of most of the buzz (yep I was a NLOTH hold out until the official release date) as I didn't want to have any real expectations

I'm excited that the band still seems interested in pushing some boundaries and exploring other genres . . . plumbing the depths of musical history

it is a haunting, lush symphony of sounds and I adore it

:) :wave:

I love "Magnificent" because it's like every great song they have ever done wrapped up into one package. It's super-concentrated U2!

I love "Moment of Surrender" because it's unlike anything they've ever done. Totally new and interesting! The most soulful, R&B recording of their careers. Imagine this song played live with a huge choir singing the chorus!!!

But..."Breathe" sure sounded great live on Letterman last night. I love when albums take time to brew. This one is brewing quite nicely!

I love "Magnificent" because it's like every great song they have ever done wrapped up into one package. It's super-concentrated U2!

I love "Moment of Surrender" because it's unlike anything they've ever done. Totally new and interesting! The most soulful, R&B recording of their careers. Imagine this song played live with a huge choir singing the chorus!!!

But..."Breathe" sure sounded great live on Letterman last night. I love when albums take time to brew. This one is brewing quite nicely!

pmickey...Im pretty much on board with you but the one song that is really tapping me on my shoulder is Crazy tonight. I think....I think I really like that song...even with the two falsettos that almost make me cringe.

Same with me, as I bought the album on Friday my fav track was Breathe, during the weekend this place held No Line on the Horizon and today as I was listening to the album I realized that Fez-Beign Born is fantastic song and today it's my new favourite.

Back
Top Bottom