Does anyone actually believe Songs of Experience comes out in 2015?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
At first I was confident or maybe just excited about the idea of Songs of Experience coming out shortly after the release of SOI but the longer it goes the less optimistic I am of it happening. Sure the tour is still over four months away and anything could happen I suppose but it just seems to me the idea of another album coming out before the tour isn't going to happen and I highly doubt they release it mid tour. So that leaves late 2015 and I actually don't see The, releasing an album at the end of the tour. Then again we don't know what they have planned for 2016 sp who knows I guess. I just think Songs of Experience coming any time soon is far less likely now than it seemed a few months ago.

No. I never believed it would be out in 2015. I'll gladly eat crow if it does. With that said, where this differs a bit from the whole Songs of Ascent promise in 2009 is that they actually named their tour after the Experience album.

I'd say there was zero chance of it before Bono's bike accident.
After the accident and subsequent Leo revelation, Bono will be spending so much time rehabbing and in Chilean family court that I doubt 2016 is viable either.

where this differs a bit from the whole Songs of Ascent promise in 2009 is that they actually named their tour after the Experience album.
This is my take aswell, I think they should really have it well advanced and confortable enough with it to dare naming the tour after it, specially knowing how long they take to finish albums lately.

I was expecting /still hoping for a late 2015 release, though.

I guess it feels like almost half a year since Songs of Innocence was released.. Well, because we are at the 5 month mark in a few days.

I think we will be surprised. It's too quiet now. The album will be released in time for the tour or the European tour. It wil be released with a full movie version 'Breaking Waves' about the band ' s past, present and future with songs in it from Both SOI SOE and maybe atmospheric SOA. Every breaking wave is the title song and will be released in advance of the project. Remember it was said by the band that SOI would be making sense if the new album would be out? Mark my words!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

After the accident and subsequent Leo revelation, Bono will be spending so much time rehabbing and in Chilean family court that I doubt 2016 is viable either.

WhT is the Leo revelation?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bono will be the father to Leo that he wishes he had in his own father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the name of the tour provides hope, but bono's bike accident probably changes what was an honest intention from the band to be proactive into something that in reality will be too hard to get over the line. I don't buy into the blind hope, or the equally ridiculous blind vitriol and negativity - the release model of SOI and the tour name are evidence enough that they are trying to be better, but I think reality will catch up with them and squash their ambitions.

Yes it will be released, along with The Rubin Tapes, Songs of Ascent, NLOTH (the "with balls" version) and Adam and Larry's shelved Mission Impossible rock opera (featuring Green Day, Billy Joel, and some deep breathing courtesy of Gavin Friday).

Also probably depends on when Apple plans to launch whatever new music platform to get people to but albums again. Didn't Bono say their deal with apple on the SOI release didn't stop there? I'm sure his bike accident surely pushed recording any thing new for SOE back significantly. What's Danger Mouses schedule? It seems that they want to bring him back at least for a portion again since they "ran out of time" with him on SOI.

Also probably depends on when Apple plans to launch whatever new music platform to get people to but albums again. Didn't Bono say their deal with apple on the SOI release didn't stop there? I'm sure his bike accident surely pushed recording any thing new for SOE back significantly. What's Danger Mouses schedule? It seems that they want to bring him back at least for a portion again since they "ran out of time" with him on SOI.

Ding ding. We have a correct answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the notion it was coming out pre tour in the first place?

Oh please. The band themselves hinted it would be out shortly after SOI and the tour is named innocence and Expereince tour so don't act like the notion of the album coming out before the tour or in 2015 is just some dumb idea I thought up with nothing to base it on. There was plenty to go on to give the impression the release of SOE could happen before the tour.

Oh please. The band themselves hinted it would be out shortly after SOI and the tour is named innocence and Expereince tour so don't act like the notion of the album coming out before the tour or in 2015 is just some dumb idea I thought up with nothing to base it on. There was plenty to go on to give the impression the release of SOE could happen before the tour.

Like you told someone else, get over yourself. I was just asking a question. I always thought the general consensus was it was going to be like Zooropa and released sometime during the tour, so I was just asking why you thought otherwise, if there was a quote, etc?

If the plan is an arena tour in 2015 and then a stadium tour in 2016, my guess is that we see SOE released in the first quarter of 2016. Earliest will be late November/early December 2015 to sell more albums during the Christmas rush, though physical album sales may again not a priority if the release is tied to another Apple venture.

SOE was never intended to be released "pre-tour". If anything, they wanted to release it mid-tour. Bono said it would be tied to a new Apple platform. I'm pretty sure his accident has put things on hold and he has enough to do getting fit for the tour, but I'd still say the band will try and release SOE in 2016 as the tour name wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

I think the most logical is during the break end of 2015 early 2016. Rejuvenate the tour for the second go round. If it doesn't come out then, it doesn't come out.

I expect that IF it does come out (which I'm skeptical on, but then again I was also dead certain there would be nothing at all to the rumours of U2 having something to do with the Apple event, so take that for what it's worth), it will be done on the Zooropa model and be released during a break in the tour, and used to promote another leg or six.

Perhaps they will pull a Zooropa and release it just before the European leg in order to increase excitement. After all it's called "THE INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE TOUR" !? :hmm:

Did anyone expect them to drop SOI the way they did?

Back
Top Bottom