A Technical approach to the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentax

The Fly
How do you think the band will approach the next album technically as musicians? Please fill free to add your wishes as well.:wink:

On a personal level I really hope they push the envelope:rockon:

I think everyone here will agree with you on that last point.

For me however, the change is far from that broad statement. Last night I threw on my vinyl copy of The Joshua Tree to try and here some of softer sounds that get blurred out when listening on my iPod. But instead of noticing small things I instead came to a bigger conclusion. The track that caught my attention was Exit. For me, Exit is the perfect example of an awesome "U2 intro", a term that seems to have been changed from the dark and intense 1:45 intro to Exit to more stadium sounding intros on tracks like COBL, WITS, or even the live intro to WTSHNN (which is a lot different that the album intro).

I understand that there are many factors which make these intros different, and I also know that the majority of music listeners today don't have the patience to sit through nearly a minute of silence before a song starts moving. But no radio listener is gonna here One Step Closer, LAPOE, AMAW, so my hope for U2's next album we will see them try to make an effort to really let it go on tracks that they dont see being the radio hits, and take down the restrictions of modern listenabilty that they put on all of their songs now.

Back
Top Bottom