Nice Bono story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From atu2.com's current Off the record column

"I of course also want to wish Bono a very happy birthday today. I talked to a friend last week who told me a story about his junior high aged son, who recently had a close encounter with none other than Bono himself. My friend Jim was with his son while on a school choir singing tour. The kid, wearing his tuxedo, was riding alone down the hotel elevator right before his choir gig. The elevator stopped at one of the floors, and in walks the 'B' man. Jim said his son recognized Bono right away, but was nervous and didn't know what to say to him. So it was a very quiet ride down. When the elevator stopped on another floor and Bono started to exit, he turned around, looked this junior high kid in the eyes, smiled and said "Ya look sharp." The kid couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night.

The next day, Jim and his son both saw Bono and Ali together in the hotel lobby. So I knew that Jim wasn't telling me some story about his kid meeting one of those Bono impersonators, who was trying to pull one over on a junior high kid in a tux."

That is a sweet story...

but all I can think is:

*trapped in elevator with Bono* :hyper:

They'd have to scrape bits and pieces of me off the walls. :reject:

From atu2.com's current Off the record column

"So it was a very quiet ride down. When the elevator stopped on another floor and Bono started to exit, he turned around, looked this junior high kid in the eyes, smiled and said "Ya look sharp." The kid couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night.

HAHAHAHA!
I LOLed

That's something right out of a movie right there!

Back
Top Bottom