With or Without You- Missing/Mystery Lyric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siren

Acrobat
I looked on this site and on others and I still can't find it. Can someone please tell me what is the missing lyrics to With or Without You. I heard it once on the Rattle and Hum movie. I will appreciate any help.

Yeah
We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

With or without you
With or without you oh oh
I can't live
With or without you
With or without you

Thank you so much!! I was looking for those lyrics ever since I saw Rattle and Hum. I was walking around singing and butchering the missing lyrics.

I think it's something Bono just came up with for the live versions, it works well, don't ya think?

It makes the argument that maybe some songs should be written and performed for a while before they go into the studio. But that's not how U2 works, they write their stuff in the studio, rarely if ever, outside the studio.

I'm not sure Lemon, you could be right. I know they used a bit of Morrison's Gloria in that tour, was it on Exit?
At any rate, can you imagine how much better WoWY would sound on the radio if the studio version mirrored the RaH version? That final part where Edge adds more to his solo and Bono sings these lines is just staggeringly moving, awesome music!

LostAtMoon said:
Yeah
We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night
One heart
One hope
One love

With or without you
With or without you oh oh
I can't live
With or without you
With or without you