Until the End of the World >>Meaning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boy no more

Babyface
Not being of a Christian background, I've always wanted to know the meaning & story behind this song. Esp. the Judas references by Bono.

Thanks for any elaborations.

you have inquired upon one of my favorite U2 songs, which comes off my favorite U2 album.
I am happy to lend a hand in any way I can...

First, I wonder about you....and if you believe in Jesus, the son of God.
Secondly, whether you do or don't go read John 12:1-8 from the Bible. AFTER you read that then read Matthew 26.
I'm not asking you to do anything but read these passages with an open mind, hoping you will see into this song.

The song has some heavy clouds of betrayal hanging overhead. I read somewhere that Larry, at the time of writing AB, was feeling that drum loops were in and he was on the outs. There is also the happenings between Edge and his wife, needless to say, that's just what we heard.

The song was written for Wim Wenders, and posesses an intrigue upon the discovery of some bigger questions surrounding Judas' betrayal (ie. why a kiss? what if Judas hadn't betrayed Jesus?).

I think the music and lyrics together, which successfully sets the tone for the song, only gives the starting point to the depths of what love is. Take it further and find out for yourself...read those parts in the Bible and digest it.

Bono comments on this song well saying:
"How hard it is to love. The impossibility of it all."

-we thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong-

[This message has been edited by justZOOme (edited 05-02-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom