Sexual Messages in U2's Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously. I DARE someone to read trough this thread from page 1 to 15 without laughing or giggling once.

:lmao: I just did that for the first time in a few months, this thread is pure comedy gold.

The coolest things is me getting a Discovery Channel "science of the Sex Appeal" advertise at the top of this page

I always interpreted this as the man kissing his lover following the act. In fact, I'm totally right.

I always thought it was refering to a guy kissing a girl after she had been crying...
BUT I GUESS I WAS REALLY FUCKING WRONG!

RSBoots2-19-2009.jpg

Okay, now that this thread is back, may I be a loser and humbly ask for a specific explanation of the submarine/gasoline metaphor?

I realise it's dirty and I'm just being thick, but I really don't get exactly what it's referring to. :eek:

Any takers? :wave:

I didn't think it was intended to be dirty at all. It's supposed to be like, submarines don't run on gasoline anymore. Something else about, you have this and I have this, let's do something for the better.
:shrug:
It's early in the morning so excuse this post if it's totally off.

Well, if you put gasoline in a car, or say a submarine... you need to insert something in the submarine to pour some liquid in....

:wink:

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

waiiiitttt a seccconnndddd....

Are you telling me that's supposed to be a euphemism of some sort!

Nah. It's actually directed at the relationship the US has with arabic countries. US have submarines, and the middle east provides the oil.

Well, if you put gasoline in a car, or say a submarine... you need to insert something in the submarine to pour some liquid in....

Exactly my point. If he's saying that something should be inserted in the submarine, shouldn't it be the girl who has the submarine, not him? It just seems like the two things should be switched, it doesn't make sense to me as it is now.

...unless someone cares to elaborate further. :wink:

so I decided to read some of this thread.

What

The

Fuck.

:lol:

oh yeah and there was some mention of God Part II lyrics and I was reading them and I also saw this "It just went off in my hand" :D ok Im done being immature...

*snerk* never thought of that one before!

And agreed, it doesn't make sense from Bono's perspective, but didn't he tell us before this song was released that in this album he sings from other people's perspective? As in, perhaps a woman's perspective?

*snerk* never thought of that one before!

And agreed, it doesn't make sense from Bono's perspective, but didn't he tell us before this song was released that in this album he sings from other people's perspective? As in, perhaps a woman's perspective?

Hmm..Interesting possibility. :hmm:

It's just that so many people (including the picture ad that comet just posted) have been acting like this is such obvious innuendo, but I just don't get how it makes sense (and believe me, I've been trying)

It's not an obvious innuendo. The song has nothing sexual about it at all. It's just Freud speaking.
People read what they want to read, if they're perverted, they'll read sexual innuendo's everywhere. I mean, come on it's a song about war and politics fgs. Bono might've said that politics are sexy, but I beg to differ! Nothing sexy about that at all!

Guys guys! ... I mean seriously, how hard is it to figure out what Bono's submarine is. :rolleyes:

True, but you put gasoline inside the submarine.

In the case of Bono's submarine, I would think that he would want that to be the one going in, somewhere else...perhaps he has a submarine, and she has/is the sea?

Do you see my logical dilemma?

Back
Top Bottom