Mother F*****g Rock and Roll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
What's all the 'been around the back' 'been around the front ' stuff in MOFO all about? (if that's right)

Anyone got a logical explanation?

I've NEVER been able to hear Edge's back-up on Mofo as

"been around the back,
been around the front."

I always hear (and sing)

"Little bit of this,
Little bit of this."

:reject: So, No, I have no idea what the back/front thing means.

To be honest, I've always heard it as

Little bit of Rock,
Little bit of Roll,

which would fit with the rest of the lyrics

But everyone seems to have it down as..

been around back
been around front

That's why I bring it up really, because it doesn't sound like those words at all IMHO.

That's what the lyrics in the booklet say, but I don't think it sounds a thing like that either.

The whole song is kinda dirty if you think about it. It's about his poor deceased mother for God's sake and what's it called but MOFO...then you have the "been around front, been around back" which can really only be interpreted in one way (it's not just your dirty mind blueeyedgirl :wink: ).

That said, I love the song.

Motherrrrrrrrr :rockon:

As the "Been around" lyrics always came after the "Looking for..." lyrics I thought it meant he'd "been around the front looking for..." then failed to find whatever so "Been around the back to look for...".

I never thought of it in a sexual way but every time I hear the song now, I no doubt will.

:|

:ohmy:

etc.

:wink:

VertigoGal said:
The whole song is kinda dirty if you think about it. It's about his poor deceased mother for God's sake and what's it called but MOFO...then you have the "been around front, been around back" which can really only be interpreted in one way (it's not just your dirty mind blueeyedgirl :wink: ).

That said, I love the song.

Motherrrrrrrrr :rockon:

Only interpreted one way? Don't think so. I've always seen it as searching all over the place, the front of the club, the back of the club.

I think the lyric is brilliant. I also think the change from fuckin to suckin makes a huge change in the song. I think Bono is saying that since his mother's death Rock became his mother. He's now an infant being breast fed by rock n roll.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Only interpreted one way? Don't think so. I've always seen it as searching all over the place, the front of the club, the back of the club.

I think the lyric is brilliant. I also think the change from fuckin to suckin makes a huge change in the song. I think Bono is saying that since his mother's death Rock became his mother. He's now an infant being breast fed by rock n roll.

Maybe. I've always thought it was meant in a sexual way. :shrug:

Anyway, these are some of Bono's best lyrics. Right up there with Lemon, The Fly, and The Wanderer. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom