The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~*Buffalo*~

War Child
This is kind of a pronounciation question ... how do you say the 269 part in "Hawkmoon 269"?

As .. two-six-nine?

Two-sixty-nine?

Two hundred and sixty nine?

It's not really important, but I'm just curious!

Hmmm, hadn't ever really thought about it. I think I normally just refer to it as 'Hawkmoon'.
(I probably leave the '269' part out because I dont know how to say it either) :wink:

according to the MOLL site :
The title for Hawkmoon 269 came from a road side Bono saw while on tour, the sign referred to Hawkmoon being 269 miles away... Bono liked the sound of this, and used it for the song title.

I say two-sixty-nine...And I heard that 269 was how many times they had to record the song before they got it right...maybe I am wrong, but I swear I read that somewhere.

okay, :huh: I had to go research... funny how things turn in to urban legend. I could have sworn that I had read it was the room number of the hotel Bono was in when he wrote the song.

Anyway from the book Into the Heart by Niall Stokes.

"Hawkmoon is a place in Rapid City, Dakota," The Edge told me around the time of the release of Rattle and Hum. "We passed by it on the Amnesty Conspiracy of Hope Tour and Bono, ever a man with a notebook handy, thought 'That sounds good'. So he used that as a point of departure for the song."

.... "It was actually mixed 269 times," Joe O'Herlihy laughs. "That's where the title came from."

:wave:

bonocrazy88 said:
I say two-sixty-nine...And I heard that 269 was how many times they had to record the song before they got it right...maybe I am wrong, but I swear I read that somewhere.

YESSSSSSSS, YOU'RE RIGHT!!! THEY NEEDED 269 RECORDS, UNBELIEVEBLE!!...and then we want the new album in ONLY 1 year recording! don't joke around! :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks everyone! I had forgotten about this question I asked, months ago ... I say two-six-nine or two-sixty-nine, myself, just depending on how I feel at the time!

Back
Top Bottom