Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, lobovox. This is absurd. Both pairs probably both gonna end up selling for $1,500 each. Now think about what you can spend with $1,500. You can pay off your mortgage, a partial down payment for a car, etc. These are sunglasses people! But hey, who am I will to tell one how to spend their hard earned money. If you can afford it, then go for it, I suppose.

guess they are the original useb by bono. and i think these arent just glasses, you can be sure glasses like 519 blue is a piece of art, the correct item to enhance my look, and you can be sure they can be the beautifulest glasses youll know for you entire life.
and i think its better pay for 150 glasses + 850 fan hardcore than a 300 computer + 700 gov taxes.:shifty::reject::sexywink:

To make the things clear: Bono in all probability never wore these Miklis as both pairs are standard commercial versions with polished frames (Bono's customs were lustreless). So, given the fact that they are visibly used, they're not worth the half current price (of course it's only my opinion). Cheers!

Dear all, I still have some glasses to sell :

- Bulgari 611 Citrus - Brand New :
69798-albums330-picture2486.jpg

69798-albums330-picture2485.jpg

- ExTe EX7S red - Brand New :
69798-albums330-picture2497.jpg

69798-albums330-picture2496.jpg

I will let them available for someone on the forum until the beginning of next week. Then, I will put them on the Bay during the summer...
Any interest : mathieu_romero@hotmail.com
I am also open to do an exchange with some other pairs : other 611, blue 226 Gigli, 8025 971/8G...
:wave:

It looks like someone is selling a brown pair of Bvlgari 549's on eBay for $75: Find Bvlgari Sunglasses Bvlgari 550 Color 142-13 Brown Grad on eBay Global Buying, with worldwide deals on items in all your top categories

They have them listed as 550's, but I don't think they know what they have. I can't completely tell from the pic, but they sure look like 549's to me.

You'd need a better picture than this oen to tell. From what I see, they look like 550 cause I see a part sticking out from the left corner, showing the oversizing of the 550. But this shot angle is way too tricky, you need a side or front one to tell for sure.

:down:

In my search for backup lenses for the Bvlgari 8025s, I have not received replies from either Luxicottica, 4sunglass, and Unitedshades still. Love the sunglasses, but service through these websites is horrible.

You'd need a better picture than this oen to tell. From what I see, they look like 550 cause I see a part sticking out from the left corner, showing the oversizing of the 550. But this shot angle is way too tricky, you need a side or front one to tell for sure.
You are correct Moonwalker, they just posted two additional pics and they are definitely 550's. :applaud:

:down:

In my search for backup lenses for the Bvlgari 8025s, I have not received replies from either Luxicottica, 4sunglass, and Unitedshades still. Love the sunglasses, but service through these websites is horrible.

hey boy, the only way is take care of what we have. forever!!!!!!!!!!

i guess we are askin too much. they can't produce lens forever. if yes, there would be glasses forever, like 8025, 9285, 519.its just like we ask for ps1 pieces from sony directly, but no way.:reject::crack:

131_Bono_t-shirt_Anaheim_2_6-18-2011_cpenyak_15 - Interference.com Photo Gallery (U2 Photos, U2 Concert Photos, Member Photos)

at the homepage for Interference, there are some great pics wearing the 8025 971s. I've been told he sports the 6Gs, but are those gradient as well? Because the pics show obvious gradient. Compare that to Alex93 on Youtube who has a video of himself wearing the 6Gs and I can't make out any gradient. If you want to check out the youtube vids of Alex, just type in "unboxing bvlgari 8025"

I don't think Bono's are the 6G but rather the 8G. As discussed earlier, the 6G seems to be the flash/mirror version. In (that rather painful to watch, god I hate unboxing videos) Alex's video, the lens is clearly flash/mirrored, nothing like Bono's.

Hi all. I have recently been to the optometrist who has told me I need glasses. I however, am not too keen on glasses. Now, I know that the obvious solution is contacts, but there is a pair of Bono shades I would like to use as optical glasses.

The Black Flys No. 5 - I have seen these being worn by Bono with clear lenses and have thought about using these as glasses.
However - the optomertrist tells me my frames have to be almost flat as opposed to curved for optical lenses. Is this true? Is there any way for me to use these as optical frames? How curved are the black flys anyway? Any help would be much appreciated!

The Black Fly No 5 imo could definitely be used as optical frames. There was a guy on ebay selling custom tinted lenses, so probably he was using some sort of non prescription lens and tinting them. Show your optometrist the model, and see what he thinks. If still is saying no, send me a PM and I'll put you onto an optometrist who is pretty creative when it comes to these things, maybe he'll have a different opinion.

I don't think Bono's are the 6G but rather the 8G. As discussed earlier, the 6G seems to be the flash/mirror version. In (that rather painful to watch, god I hate unboxing videos) Alex's video, the lens is clearly flash/mirrored, nothing like Bono's.

I'm thinking that too, especially with the pics at Interference home. I see no gradient in Alex's videos and there is obvious gradient with Bono on stage. My pair is very reflective of artificial lights. I think there's just a misunderstanding of what he's wearing on stage.

That being said, these Bvlgaris still impress me daily. Love the comments you can get while wearing them. Most common, people tend to agree they seem very futuristic (and not in a Christopher Lloyd, "Back to The Future" kind of way).

The Black Fly No 5 imo could definitely be used as optical frames. There was a guy on ebay selling custom tinted lenses, so probably he was using some sort of non prescription lens and tinting them. Show your optometrist the model, and see what he thinks. If still is saying no, send me a PM and I'll put you onto an optometrist who is pretty creative when it comes to these things, maybe he'll have a different opinion.

Agreed here, its not impossible, its just how much work your optician wants to spend doing it.:up:

YOU'RE ALL INVITED!!!

Hello all !!!

I've been working hard at my collection, and although it is far from complete...everyone is invited to come and take a peek of what I have so far.

Of course, I couldn't have done it without all the good guys here, all the useful advice and knowledge, all the good trades and good humour!

Here's the link to my Webshots photo album....

shadesofbono's photos and albums on webshots

Stop on by and take a look....

Cheers!

Tony

P.S. Yes...I know "Shades of Bono" was used somewhere else... but that website is gone, and I just thought it was a nice title.

"Every artist is a cannibal, Every poet is a thief"....:bono:

I just don't know what the world is coming to!

The madness continues over at ebay!

A pair of Miklis is up for 2000(!) Euroes, which is merely 3000 USD...:applaud:

You better hurry up lads as this special offer won't last forever.

I seriously hope that those, who are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of cash for a pair of sunnies, will soon have their pair, at last, because you lot are ruining the prices!

at the homepage for Interference, there are some great pics wearing the 8025 971s. I've been told he sports the 6Gs, but are those gradient as well? Because the pics show obvious gradient. Compare that to Alex93 on Youtube who has a video of himself wearing the 6Gs and I can't make out any gradient. If you want to check out the youtube vids of Alex, just type in "unboxing bvlgari 8025"

Hi wojovox:wave:

The 6Gs are indeed gradient. The lenses are tinted in a light grey gradient. But there's a layer of non-gradient mirror on top of it.

You only see the mirrored side in this video. That's why it appears solid. If you were to use a flash light, the mirror would disappear and the gradient would become more visible.

That's something I found out when I took some snaps of them.

Which makes me believe that Bono's indeed wearing the 6Gs.

I just don't know what the world is coming to!

The madness continues over at ebay!

A pair of Miklis is up for 2000(!) Euroes, which is merely 3000 USD...:applaud:

You better hurry up lads as this special offer won't last forever.

I seriously hope that those, who are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of cash for a pair of sunnies, will soon have their pair, at last, because you lot are ruining the prices!

I have already take a stand against that incredibly high prices on Mikli. I once a very rare pair to one people on the forum and it was 5 times less... I do want to own one day a pair of 3214 13109 color but no sunglasses in the world worth this price.
I rather practise an exchange system and then, my 3244 color 13109 went away to the US against another pair... Then these glasses stay in our little community.
The only way to stop this is to have M. Mikli to reissue 3214... And I am working on that point for months, hoping to finaly be followed by Alain Mikli. Than we all be satisfied, and glasses Will be new.
All the best everyone.

Ok well I just stood in front of him for 2 nights and no there is no mirror on his red 8025s in my opinion.

Who came up with the idea that he's wearing 6Gs. Bono has never really been one to wear mirrored lenses on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom