Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to get a pair of EA9592 (star side glasses) but I'm not sure on colour. I want something which will actually block some glare whilst I'm driving or reading a book outside in Mediterranean summer sun - do you think brown will be too light and grey would be better?

More confusion concerning Bvlgari 8025

Here's Bono in front of Hansa Studios where his shades don't seem to have a gradient at all, but still maintain the black shiney frame.

YouTube - ‪U2 Bono in front of Hansa Studios / Meistersaal in Berlin 2011-05-03 - U2gigs.com‬‏

Now here's Bono with Bvlgari 8025 901/8Gs for LV photoshoot

YouTube - ‪U2Miracle.com = Bono & Ali Hewson by Annie Leibovitz for Louis Vuitton´s Core Values Ad Campaign‬‏

Are these 2 different shade models or is it just one is a sunny day and one is cloudy? Any help is appreciated like always

2 different, I have the photo's made bij Annie Leibowich . These are black lenses.
Customs for Bono

ANY INTEREST TO ROMEO GIGLI 191 GREEN ?
SAME MODEL OF WALK ON VIDEO international version ( filmed in Rio de Janeiro ) and TOP OF THE POPS performance at Clarence Hotel
email me : sigma23@libero.it
:wave:

Are these 2 different shade models or is it just one is a sunny day and one is cloudy? Any help is appreciated like always

2 different, I have the photo's made bij Annie Leibowich . These are black lenses.
Customs for Bono

I disagree. Go fwd in the video of the photo shoot to about 50 secs or so, when the glasses are in the shade/out of direct sunlight. They look positively black, identical to the ones in the first video.

That photo shoot video is an amazing example of how light plays tricks with some of these lenses - watch as the full sunlight (which by the way looks like it's pretty low in the sky) hits them, the difference it makes! I also think the angle of the sun, being lower, is revealing the gradient more towards the end of the video. If it had been earlier in the day and the sun was overhead, you wouldn't see that gradient at all, it would appear all black.

I disagree. Go fwd in the video of the photo shoot to about 50 secs or so, when the glasses are in the shade/out of direct sunlight. They look positively black, identical to the ones in the first video.

That photo shoot video is an amazing example of how light plays tricks with some of these lenses - watch as the full sunlight (which by the way looks like it's pretty low in the sky) hits them, the difference it makes! I also think the angle of the sun, being lower, is revealing the gradient more towards the end of the video. If it has been earlier in the day and the sun was overhead, you wouldn't see that gradient at all, it would appear all black.

he would know. he's got a master's degree in Bonoshadesology.

The chaos continues

Ok, but use your own judgement. On one end of the scale, I'm right and they are identical and they will be more than sufficient for your bright southern sun.

On the other end, I'm wrong and the ones in the Red video are different, will look dark in overhead sun / general light and slightly gradient when the sun is going down and hitting them straight on horizontally (in other words, not too often). Also more than sufficient for your needs. Watch the video again and it's pretty clear how dark they are.

:shrug:

eh, either way I've already purchase the 8Gs in Red. And they were the instinct option. I hate feeling things in my gut (because I like thinking in my head more), but whenever I second guess and change my choice, I tend to have less optimal satisfaction.

Plus, returning these would just cost me in the end and I'll end up spending even more on another pair. And with the price tag, I've already called myself crazy enough. No pair of sunglasses should cost this much, EVER, no matter the name on the side. But my rationale is I'm moving to FL in 10 days and I need a pair, and these just look so damn cool.

Eh, no more expensive ridiculus purchases like this for a while.

A secret is solved:

s9qg9wal7u8bgqwb.jpg

Oliver Peoples - AMP

Hey Gvox, yes, I have a pair of the Victory 55 OP's! They are the most comfortable shades I have ever worn. I got them b/c of the show Burn Notice back in 2008.

Do you have a pair, Gvox? I suggest you grab a pair. You won't regret it. I have the exact one that Tobey Maguire has in the pic you posted: Victory 55 w/ Midnight Express Polarized lens. I HAD a pair of Victory 55 in Cognac, but they didn't look good on me as they do on Jeffrey Donovan in Burn Notice. Oh well, what can you do...

Do you have a pair, Gvox? I suggest you grab a pair. You won't regret it. I have the exact one that Tobey Maguire has in the pic you posted: Victory 55 w/ Midnight Express Polarized lens. I HAD a pair of Victory 55 in Cognac, but they didn't look good on me as they do on Jeffrey Donovan in Burn Notice. Oh well, what can you do...

I seriously want these. I tried a pair of Dolce & Gabbana on that were similar and they fit my face perfectly. I'll be in sooo much trouble at home if I do, though...:yikes: :wink:

I hear you, Gvox. But they are on ebay. They come in 2 sizes: 55 and 58. The 55 are a little more harder to find as the show Burn Notice made them extremely popular back in the day. But they are pricey but completely worth it. I got my pair for $300 on ebay. In the OP stores, they sell for $450.00 + tax.

Pretty die hard. I saw U2 @ Croke Park in Dublin in 09. Individuals I met waiting in line from 8am until the night show had not known about Passengers. These people traveled from around the world as far as Brazil and Australia. No fail here girl, success in helping their discovery of a new sound.

back to thread topic, my sunglasses arrived yesterday, In Florida. I have flight south this Monday. I'll post some pics soon.

Unitedshades kudos. listing ask for allowance of 3-6 wks to ship. Took 2 I believe:applaud:

I dont get the Passengers reference, what's that all about?

Me neither. But I still think you're not a big die hard U2 fan if you don't even know the records they made. :rolleyes: You'd have the Best of 1990-2000 and NOT wonder where Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo came from? Then you read the liner notes and you do not wonder what "Passengers: OST1" is? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom