the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never get B-man model since they are labelled GIORGIO armani (at least for the first ones he had), not emporio.

So you were the one who bought them on ebay....you were faster than me, i must admit i'm jealous lol !!

soundmerc-
was tipped off by jag on ebay...i hadent bought a pair in months so i decided to teat myself...i think i made a good decision, i like these alot...i think my next pair will be the green versace
-sorry moonwalker, couldnt resist!

Does anyone hear know wear I can get the Zoo TV Fly shades? I don't need an actual pair that Bono wore. Just a replica or something that looks like the ones in my user icon. Also cheap if possible. I'm a college student. Don't have a lot of cash on me. :wink:

Badgey, you were right to go for it ! i would have done the same :wink:

Gorgeous shades indeed, i'll try to get them when i'll go to japan or Hong Kong this summer.

Joey788 said:
Does anyone hear know wear I can get the Zoo TV Fly shades? I don't need an actual pair that Bono wore. Just a replica or something that looks like the ones in my user icon. Also cheap if possible. I'm a college student. Don't have a lot of cash on me. :wink:

I guess Ebay is a good place to start, after reading this article:

http://www.u2station.com/fan/flyglasses/index.php

tpsreports2424 said:

those are fake though...

you can tell because of the arms and that lenses it self

"I don't need an actual pair that Bono wore. Just a replica or something that looks like the ones in my user icon. Also cheap if possible"

Please forgive me for saying so, but I think it's OK with Joey if they're fake...

I didn't mean when I said they were fake they needed to be the exact kind that Bono wore, but the glasses look nothing alike except for the big lenses...

You don't have to be an asswhole about it

naycookeu2 said:
my blue 519's are starting to crack from the screws. I have only ever wore these a couple of times and I'm extremely gutted. My grey 519's must be made more durable as these have been worn much more and have no cracks at all. Has anyone else had cracks appearing?

Every. Single. Last. One

The 519s gotta be the worst design ever, great looking, but not durable for anyone who actually wears shades alot.

EDITED TO ADD:

Hi Badger, good to see you back on here, hope you are recovering ok. I'm just wandering back in myself, I had kindof forgotten about this thread for a bit lol.

Wish Bono would come out with some new shades or something, it's about time dontcha think?!
:wink:

Last edited:
tpsreports2424 said:
I didn't mean when I said they were fake they needed to be the exact kind that Bono wore, but the glasses look nothing alike except for the big lenses...

You don't have to be an asswhole about it

OK, that's fine.
I just thought maybe you missed out on some parts of his post, I didn't mean to be an ass about it, I promise you that. ;)

Peace? :D

gabrielvox said:

Every. Single. Last. One

The 519s gotta be the worst design ever, great looking, but not durable for anyone who actually wears shades alot.

EDITED TO ADD:

Hi Badger, good to see you back on here, hope you are recovering ok. I'm just wandering back in myself, I had kindof forgotten about this thread for a bit lol.

Wish Bono would come out with some new shades or something, it's about time dontcha think?!
:wink:

Not sure if anyone saw the promo for the NAACP Awards supposed to air this week which has a very brief shot of Bono with some green shades that I don't recognize -- it goes by in a flash -- anyone catch that and if so do they look like a new pair of shades??

tpsreports2424 said:
peace:wink:

sorry bout coming off as an ass in my last post myself...

No worries, I wasn't offended in any way.
It's hard sometimes to make things sound right just by using plain text like here on the internet, and little fights like these do happen.
Fortunately you are a nice person, and I, if I may say so, try to be as nice as possible too.
In other words, it could've been worse. :wink:

soundmercury said:

Not sure if anyone saw the promo for the NAACP Awards supposed to air this week which has a very brief shot of Bono with some green shades that I don't recognize -- it goes by in a flash -- anyone catch that and if so do they look like a new pair of shades??

If they are the same as the thumbnail on the NAACP page linked to from the Interference News article, those are actual the Elevation-era Romeo Giglis, 226 is the model number actually...in green...I have them upstairs but I'm too lazy to go check the number...

Hey any of you bono-sunglasses lovers who have cut your hair like his tried on the old shades with the new hair - to me they look wicked cool again with short hair...my old giglis might get some replay soon!! :)

Shape is slightly different, 9294 are a bit more squared (or at least it seems so when i look at the pics on chinese websites) ....but the essential difference is the colors available (faded brown and solid red)

gabriel-
just saw your post a few back-thanks for asking. just getting back into the swing of things. starting to feel better--like i have been getting out a bit, and just dealing with wats in store for the future...thanks again to everyone for being concerned

Thanks for the reply for my 9294 question, badger. I just went out and purchased a pair of the fade gray in Hong Kong. I love it, it's smaller than the 9285 and I agree that it fit better. Here's some pictures including a comparison shot.
dsc00002fv0.jpg
dsc00003wf1.jpg

Last edited:
thomas-you're in china?!?!
looking on the website and speaking with the guy i got my brown fades from, he said there is a difference between the red and pink. the lenses are a definitly red, not pink/ plus the arms are red...we gotta get these=lol

Hey Thomas - probably an ultra stupid question, but do those 9294s come in orange or light blue??!! LOL

Hey Badger - good to see you getting up and around again man...maybe sometime if you get chance post up a pic of those tan babies...esp if they have gold frames I'll be all over 'em! ;)

Thomas64 said:
Thanks for the reply for my 9294 question, badger. I just went out and purchased a pair of the fade gray in Hong Kong. I love it, it's smaller than the 9285 and I agree that it fit better. Here's some pictures including a comparison shot.
dsc00002fv0.jpg
dsc00003wf1.jpg

they look almost like the originals, except they dont have the lense bit as much between the arms.

still very cool tho, specially if they are in blue or orange :drool:

This almost confirms what I said when Bono first wore the orange ones, that the lens looked shorter around the temples...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom