The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone know of a company someone who would put in custom colored lenses into any kind of sunglasses you could send their way? I'm just wondering if it's possible to do a kind of make-shift Bono sunglasses if you happened across a similar style but the color of the lens wasn't right.

I think our man Badger tried to color in light blue his Armanis 9285, professionally, but the frames ended being screwed up.

I suppose he'll be able to help you out. Other than that, ever tried asking the guy on ebay TCB ? he makes custom lenses for black flys, and also used to have excellent imitations of Bvlgari 519, with slightly different colors ...

Hope I helped.:wave:

Actually no, he did some even better models, here the lenses are going inside the square, and the shape is "one lens" type, unlike 519 which are 2 lenses connected in the center. His previous imitation were much better.

I remember he did fake brown 519, with silver square clip and light transaprent/gray arms for examlple.

I got those...the colour is alot darker in real life, also they're blue fading to clear, and they hurt the eyes like hell :crack:

If not, they look pretty similar. One fine lookin' pair of shades...actually, the reason I asked about putting custom colored lenses in another pair of glasses; because I can never track those down and always get out-bid on ebay for the replicas.

If not, they look pretty similar. One fine lookin' pair of shades...actually, the reason I asked about putting custom colored lenses in another pair of glasses; because I can never track those down and always get out-bid on ebay for the replicas.

Right. Same here. And like I said, other than the fact that they're supposedly Diesel's, never did get the model # verified or if they were custom made and never available to the public.

As for your question, one of these sites might be able to do it...

Frame cloning and custom frames from Eyeglass.com

Custom Sunglasses : Factory direct wholesale sunglasses from X-LOOP, Choppers, DG, VG, Childrens sunglasses, Motorcycle sunglasses and more!

bono.jpg

Hi there!!:wave:
Can someone tell me the brand and the model of theses shades, please?

bono.jpg

Hi there!!:wave:
Can someone tell me the brand and the model of theses shades, please?

These are the ones we were just talking about above...supposedly Diesels but no one knows the model #. There are Diesel Nite Vision's (DL55U) that are around that are similar but not exactly the ones (there are also Diesel Jambo's that are also similar but not the ones). Considering how long ago B wore them (early '97) the chances of finding them becomes more and more remote, unfortunately.

IMO, the nite vision or jambo are not alike at all, missing the screws on the lenses, plus the arms are totally different. Just the frame is similar..

But totally agree on the fact they become super hard to find.

Finding the cheap copies, especially in black/mirrored color, is however pretty easy.

You were taking about the fact they might be custom, but they are not. As I said to Naycooke, I saw few days ago a (pretty stupid) soap which used to be broadcasted when I was a kid (around 1996) and one of the protagonists had the exact same glasses (with yellow lenses too), in several episodes. :doh:

IMO, the nite vision or jambo are not alike at all, missing the screws on the lenses, plus the arms are totally different. Just the frame is similar..

But totally agree on the fact they become super hard to find.

Finding the cheap copies, especially in black/mirrored color, is however pretty easy.

You were taking about the fact they might be custom, but they are not. As I said to Naycooke, I saw few days ago a (pretty stupid) soap which used to be broadcasted when I was a kid (around 1996) and one of the protagonists had the exact same glasses (with yellow lenses too), in several episodes. :doh:

Interesting. Thanks for the info...

shit!
but it works! I see the link! lol
search mikli 3214 o bono sunglasses on ebay

I've bought the yellow lens 3244 from Kevinwall, can't wait for them to arrive. Has anybody got any images of Bono in the yellow ones? I'm sure I've seen him in them off-stage many years ago. :hmm:

Hey Naycooke.
The only time I remeber seein Bono with yellow Miklis was in Las Vegas 97. Those were 3214s, however:

poplasvegasle5.jpg

The 3244 are slightly different. The have a black frame, for example. Anyway. Both are so alike and I'm sure they'll look marvellous.

I hope the pic is of any help.

Oh. And don't forget to post pics of your new acquisition once they have arrived...

I believe naycooke's future pair have yellow arms and a black frame. However I'm not a Mikli expert at all, so I might very well be wrong lol !

Btw, who won the black/gray model on ebay ? Is it one of us interferencers or someone else ?

For anyone interested in the sunglasses bono's been wearin lately, with the 2 lenses and the stars on lenses sides. I did my research, they are Dior. Model ADIORABLE 8.

color is apparently 3YGK1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom