MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you have you may want to get rid of? If you want to post off list, email me at charleswise(at)gmail.com. I have nothing to get rid of but always looking to buy.

Hey does anyone know what brand those black frame with yellow yellow lenses were? He wore them a lot during the Popmart era. And on one of the Propaganda issue (With a multi-coloured Bono on front and the entire band on back) he's wearing them with a badass black leather jacket. I always dug those sunglasses, even before I really got into U2.

Whoah1011 said:
Hey does anyone know what brand those black frame with yellow yellow lenses were? He wore them a lot during the Popmart era. And on one of the Propaganda issue (With a multi-coloured Bono on front and the entire band on back) he's wearing them with a badass black leather jacket. I always dug those sunglasses, even before I really got into U2.

Do you mean these?
lovelyface.jpg

I won an ebay bid and this morning i've received my favourite sunglasses: Bvlgari 611 - 102. I can't believe it, finally they're mine!!!!

Now I have two awesome pair of shades, EA'S 9285 KJ1 NA and Bvlgari's 611. In my opinion Ea's 9285 are slightly more comfortable (i still love this shades) and Bvlgari's 611 are more elegant.

congrats alexelbono!
i got a pr of the 611 about 4 months ago and i love them-speaking of ebay auctions, i just got my bvlgari 610 orange/citrus-these are killer!!

The first time I saw model 610 was in two different colors: black and orange! I think it was in the year 2001, in that time I was a young boy (well, i'm still young :) ), my mom laughed at me when I told her the price (275 euros) :laugh:

Btw thebadger, can you upload some pics of that beauty orange shades!?

Orange :love:

D&G 2138 G37

My Dolce & Gabbana model 2138 color G37 just arrived friday...

They look pretty cool...

pic's:

photo00157cj.jpg

photo00214dd.jpg

I've got them for a great price on ebay...

They came from the United Kingdom, and im from portugal. With shipping 61.54€

Very nice, indeed...

Now im going for the Armanis, maybe the green ones.

:sexywink:

shade colors

Hey guys im new to this forum. im in love with the 9825 Armani's. However, i can
decide which color to buy. ive short listed to
6LB/O0 - (Grey shaded)
KJ1/95 - (Grey)
KJ1/NA - (Dark avio smoke)
can anyone be kind enough to post pics of all 3 since i cant really make out how they look like on the website.
Also does anyone know if they're available in any stores.I live in Miami.
THANKS!

Re: shade colors

Hey U2dot, cool shades and great price!!

raza_munaf said:
Hey guys im new to this forum. im in love with the 9825 Armani's. However, i can
decide which color to buy. ive short listed to
6LB/O0 - (Grey shaded)
KJ1/95 - (Grey)
KJ1/NA - (Dark avio smoke)
can anyone be kind enough to post pics of all 3 since i cant really make out how they look like on the website.
Also does anyone know if they're available in any stores.I live in Miami.
THANKS!

I have some images in my blog (see it below) but my number of messages is too low to post them here. KJ1 NA shades seems blue but when you wear them they are more dark, near black in some cases. Depends on the light conditions, it's not the same wear those shades in a sunny day that wear them in your house. In previous pages of this thread you can find some pics of different colors.

Btw, sorry if my english is not good enough and sometimes I say strange things .:p

Re: Re: shade colors

AlexeiBono said:
Hey U2dot, cool shades and great price!!

I have some images in my blog (see it below) but my number of messages is too low to post them here. KJ1 NA shades seems blue but when you wear them they are more dark, near black in some cases. Depends on the light conditions, it's not the same wear those shades in a sunny day that wear them in your house. In previous pages of this thread you can find some pics of different colors.

Btw, sorry if my english is not good enough and sometimes I say strange things .:p

AlexeiBono, are those grey or dark grey ur wearing in the pic on your blog?
thanks

thebadger said:
speaking of ebay auctions, i just got my bvlgari 610 orange/citrus-these are killer!!

hands down the nicest of the lot - even bono was eyeing them greedily lol...as in 'damn i should have taken those ones too'

guess im no longer the only one with these

altho ive had them a few years now :wink:

Whoah1011 said:
I know this has been asked already, but I forget...What colour is the pair of D&G Bono wears in the official Vertigo video? Isn't it the same pair he wears while on the flatbed truck in NYC? Also the same as that promo pic where the band is standing in front of a wall and Bono is turned to his right? I just love how blue those shades can get.

How do they adjust in different lighting situations?

In my opinion the Vertigo video glasses are not the same as the flatbed truck glasses which, only my opinion, i think look cheesy.

They are the same ones used for the HTDAAB promo shoots.

Which are the D&G 2138 G50

they go very dark exactly like on the photo shoot and the video and also a few other little trick colors when in different lighting. i think the lens is actually reddish, theyre in the car right now and im too lazy to go get them lol..

for example our 'htdaab shoot':

g50sample.jpg

Last edited:
Zooropean103 said:
Does anybody know what shades are these?

Shades.jpg

soundmercury said:

Those are the dark brown/green. Model # 3YG/QO

Hmm..look again...the 3YG/Q0 have gold frames

those definitely dont..unless its the lighting

those frames look black to me?

nice hair Bono!!!!! :yes: :up:

edit: looking again, the lens color DOES look very close....but the arms...i dunno...

those definitely dont..unless its the lighting

those frames look black to me?

nice hair Bono!!!!--ive seen this pict before and clearer, look at the shadow line-its got green tinit to it, the dark avio armani have a blue shadow effect, so i think these are the dark green/brown-most metals, silver,gold appear black in photos anyway

thebadger said:

these are the dark green/brown-most metals, silver,gold appear black in photos anyway

actually no they dont in color photos, almost every single last one of the photos of bono in the 9285s accurately portray the frame color, especially the color shots. even in extreme flash conditions or really dark i cant get my frames to look black, period.

if you are making that assumption based on that some retailers think there arent any 9285s with black frames, thats not entirely accurate

i tried on a pair with definitely black frames in florida. i dont think the lenses would have gone that black but then again in certain lights dark lenses will do just about anything

thebadger said:
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg
IMG_1208.jpg
IMG_1146.jpg

these are some of my favs-with the exception of the dark green/brown armanis

Nice. Are those the Bvlgari 610s that you just bid and won on ebay - listed as amber in color? Just curious.

color?

BADGER, What color are the armanis (on the top right) ur wearing in the pic?
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom