Looking for DVDs or Videos of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u2_england

The Fly
PopMart Sarajevo (originally FM broadcast)
Dublin Lovetown - mainly 31st but any of the 4 Dublin shows (originally soundboard sourced)
Dublin 93 (2nd night) (originally FM broadcast)
Rotterdam 18-7-97 (originally edited TV broadcast)

The only catch is that I want pro-shots that are broadcast quality.
I'm not interested in someone taping the show from a tripod - I want an 'unofficial' professionlly shot source.

I've seen snippets of Sarajevo (broadcast quality), but nothing more.
I've 'heard' of the last Dublin show 89 being available, but never seen it.
And there must be a full concert taping of the Rotterdam show - I've got the edited broadcast.

Any takers?

I guess I should've done a search first - oh well!

BUT I've been trading for years and know that if you never ask then you never get.

Also - new bootlegs are popping up all the time and this is down to traders actually selling their 'gold'.

cheers anyway.

there is a complete copy of rotterdam 97 out there.....some of the video is pro shot, and the parts which were not broadcast are audience shot....
i think

I know two people who have almost all rare U2 shows on video,but these guys don't respond.

*edited by Angela Harlem: I'm sure if they wanted to trade they would. Please dont post people's email addresses without their permission.

Thankyou.

mayflower said:
I know two people who have almost all rare U2 shows on video,but these guys don't respond.

These are their e-mail addresses:

If anyone knows them,let me know.

LOL, now how on earth would you even know this if they dont respond??? Second, how do you know they have all the rare U2 video shows?? Thats like me saying I have all the rare U2 audio out there. Fact is, you are dealing with an area where there are more unknowns than knowns most of this stuff is simply not known, some is known but few have, alot is just pure rumor and speculation. There are alot of people out there making ridiculous claims trying to create a stir or rip people off, especially as of late. 90% of it is pure BS and that is probebly a low estimate. I think its boredom at this point waiting for the next tour.

If these people actually do have what you claim or ANY rare stuff for that matter and they dont like talking about it, I'am sure they REALLY appreciate you posting their email addresses on a public forum without their permission announcing this. Now they can get lots of spam as well thanks to you!! Nice one! Now THAT will make them want to trade.

Most of the stuff that is out there is never going to make it into general trading, thats just the way it is. :macdevil:

Last edited:
mayflower said:

These are their e-mail addresses:

If anyone knows them,let me know.

I reported this post to the moderators. This is NOT the way to get U2 stuff. One word of advice: work behind the scenes if you want good stuff. And do not ever post e-mail addresses of other people on a public forum!

This forum is for people to volunteer trades, selling or buying information. Please dont abuse someone else's privacy by posting information about others.

Thankyou.

*Wolverine* said:

LOL, now how on earth would you even know this if they dont respond??? Second, how do you know they have all the rare U2 video shows?? Thats like me saying I have all the rare U2 audio out there. Fact is, you are dealing with an area where there are more unknowns than knowns most of this stuff is simply not known, some is known but few have, alot is just pure rumor and speculation. There are alot of people out there making ridiculous claims trying to create a stir or rip people off, especially as of late. 90% of it is pure BS and that is probebly a low estimate. I think its boredom at this point waiting for the next tour.

If these people actually do have what you claim or ANY rare stuff for that matter and they dont like talking about it, I'am sure they REALLY appreciate you posting their email addresses on a public forum without their permission announcing this. Now they can get lots of spam as well thanks to you!! Nice one! Now THAT will make them want to trade.

Most of the stuff that is out there is never going to make it into general trading, thats just the way it is. :macdevil:

Wolverine, seems like your Mother never gave you the love and nurture you wanted when you were a kid. I feel sorry for you man (or woman). But just because she didn't give you what you wanted, doesn't mean we are all at fault. My POINT: STOP putting people down. You just post things telling people off! and, ok, you may have a point saying that people like to stir things up, but how the hell do you know that 90 % of all claims that people make are BS? How? that's right, you don't! Just as it is ambiguous that the people Mayflower has been trying to contact have any rare u2 suff, it is also ambiguous that they actually have the stuff. You said it yourself, there is more unknown than there is known out there, which you are right, so how did you come up with the estimate of 90%? contradicting yourself, don't you think?

another point: there aren't many people on these forums, compared to actually u2 fans that trade videos and cd's. so all of the stuff IS out there. It's just that those people don't know interference exist. If u2 made a concert, IT was recorded, and someone DOES have it. How do I know? B/C it happened! the only problem is that the people who have the soundboard copies and "unofficial" pro shot concerts are hard to find, and perhaps just decide to keep these copies to themselves. I mean, if many of these begin circulation, there are people who are gonna start selling these things. and then U2 will find out and have many restrictions upon their recordings. So in a way it's good that these things exist but are rare, and it's only luck that people get their hands on these things.

Finally, a while back, five copies of zoo tv from dublin were sold. these were pro shot concerts, pitty that I didn't win, but there you go. There IS a pro shot of DUBLIN. and people DO have it.

So, Wolverine, I think you will be better off reading the X-Men comics and daydreaming you are wolverine than telling people off on the forums. that way, you don't aggravate people ok?

By the way, it's ProbAbly, not probebly

psx2k1 said:

Wolverine, seems like your Mother never gave you the love and nurture you wanted when you were a kid. I feel sorry for you man (or woman). But just because she didn't give you what you wanted, doesn't mean we are all at fault. My POINT: STOP putting people down. You just post things telling people off! and, ok, you may have a point saying that people like to stir things up, but how the hell do you know that 90 % of all claims that people make are BS? How? that's right, you don't! Just as it is ambiguous that the people Mayflower has been trying to contact have any rare u2 suff, it is also ambiguous that they actually have the stuff. You said it yourself, there is more unknown than there is known out there, which you are right, so how did you come up with the estimate of 90%? contradicting yourself, don't you think?

another point: there aren't many people on these forums, compared to actually u2 fans that trade videos and cd's. so all of the stuff IS out there. It's just that those people don't know interference exist. If u2 made a concert, IT was recorded, and someone DOES have it. How do I know? B/C it happened! the only problem is that the people who have the soundboard copies and "unofficial" pro shot concerts are hard to find, and perhaps just decide to keep these copies to themselves. I mean, if many of these begin circulation, there are people who are gonna start selling these things. and then U2 will find out and have many restrictions upon their recordings. So in a way it's good that these things exist but are rare, and it's only luck that people get their hands on these things.

Finally, a while back, five copies of zoo tv from dublin were sold. these were pro shot concerts, pitty that I didn't win, but there you go. There IS a pro shot of DUBLIN. and people DO have it.

So, Wolverine, I think you will be better off reading the X-Men comics and daydreaming you are wolverine than telling people off on the forums. that way, you don't aggravate people ok?

By the way, it's ProbAbly, not probebly

LOL, hilarious!

You will never know how I know and I dont care if you do. The Dublin Pro shot you refer to is no pro shot. It is an audience shot on a tri pod. Do I have it, NO, do I want it, NO! No need, but feel free to get ripped off by people selling BS and claiming to have things they dont.

I was simply pointing out that someone is posting addresses of people that didnt give them permission and HOW on earth they know that these people have ALL the rarities and what ridiculous claim that is. You basically contradicted exactly what I was pointing out by saying HOW do I know all the rarities. I dont, I have a small picture and that small picture is enormous. So you do the math as to what is really out there versus what is being traded. And re-read my post, 90% is an "ESTIMATE" LOL. Man, stop taking everything so literal and get a thicker skin! If someone doesnt like you in person do you go cry or something? LOL It is obvious by your post you have no clue what is really out there and how little is actually being traded. But thats fine, dont believe me. Thanks though, your post made was great for some laughs so I do appreciate that.

LOL, sorry I didnt get every single letter right in my posts for you. I will try harder next time! LOL :macdevil:

Last edited:
Guys knock it off ok. Take the arguing some place else.
This kind of stuff isn't worth all the fighting over is it?

u2_england I'm going to close this, but hopefully you can get what you're looking for or maybe it will be talked about in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom