Why doesn't Adam sing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
I know there have been some rare cases where he does actually use the mic but c'mon I think he should contribute.

I see him rocking out and I know he wants to sing along, even Larry is getting back into his vocals (GOYB, LPOE, etc)

Belt it out Adam!!!!! :D

i know on Your Blue Room he sang but I really don't count it as "singing"

It sounds like he speaking the lyrics but I think it still sounds great

He tried getting vocal lessons in the mid nineties when he and Larry were playing around in New York.

It wasn't a huge success.

He has an ordinary voice - See 1995 version of Tomorrow or Your Blue Room.

I believe you can hear him on a number of War Tour boots, most noteably in SBS

I'm pretty sure he sang backing vocals on some live versions of "fire" from the early 80's - the "falling, falling" part on some of the versions I've heard of this have a backing vocal singing this part with a very deep voice that def. isn't edge

One of the best places to see Adam's singing in the 'early' days is the Loreley '83 DVD. His singing is very prominent in Out Of Control and Two Hearts Beat As One.

But to answer the question, why doesn't he sing? The answer is as simple as he does not sing because he can't.

I imagine if they're going to play Unknown Caller live he'll wind up having to chime in.

Moment of Surrender would benefit from all four singing as well.

And of course, if they bring back the "No! Line!" (and I really hope they do) you'd want everyone on board.

I think its pretty awesome they dont even put a mic on Adam's side. He is the bass man. His job is to make you feel the notes and get funky.

Didn't he have a mic by him on ZooTV Sydney? I could swear he did. It was most likely plugged into the same amp as Bono's guitar :lol:

And Adam did sing the Letterman hold music :D

I will Follow: Paris DVD

I just watched this on Comcast last night (Comcast featured a month of U2 where one can watch any video or official live performance on command :hyper: ). I think I have another video boot where I saw him sing as well. I guess the mic is there for him to decide if he wants to use it or not.

Still, when your lead singer is Bono, one of the best male vocalists around (and recognized as such by many in the music industry) and Edge is your back-up vocalist, who is great, it might make one a bit intimidated to sing. ;)

Doesn't he sing a couple lines on "Endless Deep"?

Yes! That's the only song he sings lead on...even though there are not many lines. I always thought for years that it must be Adam, because it definitely wasn't Edge or Bono. Edge actually confirmed this on the War remaster.

Back
Top Bottom