Which album would you love for them to play in it's entirety live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta say War. The two chestnuts from the album that have survived into the 2000s are great, but what about cool tunes like 'Seconds' (lyrics a bit dated now), 'Two Hearts Beat As One', 'Drowning Man', and 'Surrender'? It would be as cool as sliced bread to see the 50-year-old U2 bang through the 10 tracks on War like the 22-year-olds did in 1983 when they were young guns. Could they still maintain the raw intensity of those tracks? Also, it'd be nice to hear a U2 gig end with '40' again.

+1.

Definitely War. Would love to hear Seconds, 2 Hearts and Like A Song especially. War is very underrated here.....it doesn't have a bad song on it to my ears.(Red Light is a little weaker than the others, but I don't think it's a clunker compared to say, Grace or Stand Up Comedy.)

AB and JT would obviously be great as well. No need to say more on AB- just look at the summer of 2011 for proof of how awesome this is. JT has some gems that haven't been touched in a very long time- In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires and Exit. Also, who doesn't want them to try Red Hill Mining Town?

If they wanted to play any album straight through, great by me! Maybe ATYCLB could use a rest after 3 tours in a row of over play, but anything else? Go for it!

The thing is... War... Boy... October... those albums all did get played almost in their entirety back in the days. Gotta remember it becomes harder and harder to include more music off of one single album when you get more albums.

I'd be tempted to say POP. But, I have to go with Zooropa, something about hearing the song played on 360 really makes me want to hear the whole thing played live with a setup like that.

I'd be tempted to say POP. But, I have to go with Zooropa, something about hearing the song played on 360 really makes me want to hear the whole thing played live with a setup like that.

Sadly, Bono wouldn't be able to sing the majority of it, and the same goes for most of their albums. The only one they could play straight through and have it sound good (and be more than U2 being a cover band) would be their current album, whatever it may be at the time.

Passengers is the only album they could really play live all the way through, because there isn't much singing, and what there is of it is quite restrained. It's musically very interesting too.

Weller is playing his next album straight through next spring (when it comes out), and U2 should do the same thing.

I'd like them to do all of them, starting from Boy onward. Two set shows..the first would play the album of the night, and the second set would be a variety of tracks from other albums.

Greatest Hits+ Tour! :wink:

gvox said:
I'd like them to do all of them, starting from Boy onward. Two set shows..the first would play the album of the night, and the second set would be a variety of tracks from other albums.

Greatest Hits+ Tour! :wink:

That would be cool.

Achtung.

Not sure why so many people are clamouring for TUF so bad. 4th of July and MLK are inconsequential, and I don't see Promenade and Elvis working that well. Maybe if you swapped those tracks for Love Comes Tumbling and a few others :drool:

Agree with you about Achtung.

With TUF you would need to throw in 3 Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Boomerang 2 and Disappearing act etc, but that's no bad thing!

Actually, imagine a full performance of TJT with the b-sides thrown in...:drool:

Well if we're waiting on b-sides as well, it'd have to be Achtung Baby for me. Nothing tops those b-sides. They're basically an album of their own in my eyes.

If we're deciding based on b-sides, I would go with TUF. Love Comes Tumbling is one of the band's best songs in general, and The Three Sunrises would really take off live.

An Cat Gav said:
Agree with you about Achtung.

With TUF you would need to throw in 3 Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Boomerang 2 and Disappearing act etc, but that's no bad thing!

Actually, imagine a full performance of TJT with the b-sides thrown in...:drool:

I can't wait to hear Drunk Chicken/America live!!

Back
Top Bottom