What If U2 Wasnt "U2"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Could any of you see them under a different band name? Im not slick with coming up with good names...any other possible band names that would fit in for "U2"that you can think of (besides passengers or dalton brothers or 2U :))? By the way this is how bored I am to come up with some sort of new topic for these boards.

I've always liked "Playing Tonight" as a band name. :) So that's my pick. Of course, they probably would have been thought smart asses (or arses) and never gotten past playing in local joints.

If you think about it, it's really one of the oddest yet brilliant band names to come out of that time...

It's really somewhat benign in it's meaning; a somewhat obscure spy plane or a play on "you too"

Yet graphically it's brilliant.

Television On The Radio

(TV On The Radio would be named Young Liars, and Liars would be named Elder Liars)

anyone remember one of the quotes where bono expresses his less-then-love for the name u2?
personally i think its great. short, in your face and really suits them :D

Another fine choice would have been I Don't Understand Why...I Think It's Perfect.

I'm going to start a band tomorrow morning just to use that name.

All of Interference will be invited to our first concert, which will be held next February. We'll be playing as support for Brian Eno's Four Irish Slaves at the Kunstmuseum 1st anniversary spectacular.

I'm going to start a band tomorrow morning just to use that name.

All of Interference will be invited to our first concert, which will be held next February. We'll be playing as support for Brian Eno's Four Irish Slaves at the Kunstmuseum 1st anniversary spectacular.

We're opening for them on their Annhilation Tour? Awesome!

Will there be any Mercy?

Also, have we still got that tour date in your backyard?

We're opening for them on their Annhilation Tour? Awesome!

Will there be any Mercy?

Also, have we still got that tour date in your backyard?

Brian Eno's Four Irish Slaves promise to begin every show with Mercy until Larry stops liking it. Which means that the second show of the tour will begin with a Westlife cover.

And don't blow the secret about I Don't Understand Why...I Think It's Perfect's secret "pre-debut" appearance in my backyard. :shh:

Brian Eno's Four Irish Slaves promise to begin every show with Mercy until Larry stops liking it. Which means that the second show of the tour will begin with a Westlife cover.

And don't blow the secret about I Don't Understand Why...I Think It's Perfect's secret "pre-debut" appearance in my backyard. :shh:

You better play Acrobat then. Liek, srsly dude!

Back
Top Bottom