U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY here and it arrived today. So nice! A true thank you from the band.:heart:

Got mine today...am in the Chicago area. Blurry pic, apologies:

http://t.co/OqLNB6vQ

Does anyone have album art to share? Need some for iTunes Match...TIA

EDIT: Jeez, the wonders of searching the forum before asking! I found some album art, in this thread. :doh:

Last edited:
U22COVERIMG.png

For those who do have it, is it crossfaded to make it seem like it's one concert? Or is it all fade in and fade out?

For those who do have it, is it crossfaded to make it seem like it's one concert? Or is it all fade in and fade out?

Crossfaded. It's fantastic.

Edited to add:

I would easily fork over 40 or 50 bucks for this on it's own.
a great exclamation point to wrap up a great era for U2.

This is really a fantastic set- I'm usually not a fan of The Fly live, but this one is awesome. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far, no complaints. Definitely worth the wait, and the $$$, IMO.

Didn't check the mail yesterday, but mine apparently arrived as well.

Ever so important question, how did you guys import these into iTunes? My default tags have some huge description of the recording date and location. Should I go with that or not?

u2popmofo said:
Didn't check the mail yesterday, but mine apparently arrived as well.

Ever so important question, how did you guys import these into iTunes? My default tags have some huge description of the recording date and location. Should I go with that or not?

I only have the U2.com downloads so far, but I just put the track name under title and the date and venue under comments.

I have never seen the point of putting "Live" after every track title when the whole album is live.

I only care in regards to Last FM scrobbling.

The sound quality on the 6 songs I've heard so far is fantastic.

Is there anyone of you handsome Americans who would like to help out an army of desperate Europeans in the request thread in Music on the Internet?
:reject:
I'm just jealous, I know.

I got mine Saturday, I think mine was delivered via UPS. I wasn't home but it was in the usual UPS drop off spot, and not in the mailbox. Thankfully. It said UPS mail innovations on the cardboard mailer :shrug:

Haven't listened to it at all

While I don't expect to get this other than hopefully someone sending it to me, I finally caved and listed to the 8 songs leak, and holy cow! U2 definitely picked some great versions.

ISHFWILF and TUF are just fantastic. I can even listen to Elevation without projectile vomiting.

I received mine on Thursday. The sleeve and photographs in it are excellent. I think they did a decent job remastering/mixing the songs but I would not say it is the greatest mastered live recording I have ever heard. Some of the songs the instruments get a tad muffled in the mix. This is of course splitting hairs. Overall a great fan club "gift".

I like that they did not fade in, fade out between songs also. More of a complete concert feel. However the audience noise transition from EBTTRT to The Fly is noticeable to me in that it is obviously a different crowd and source. They should have been able to make that somewhat seamless in the mixing process. So that is a tad sloppy IMO. Again, splitting hairs.

Now they just need to let us download the remaining tracks that did not make it. Or maybe that will be next years "gift", U23? :hmm:

Received mine today too!! I'm shocked UPS delivered it to the right house, I've always had problems with them.

I listened to most of disc one on the way to work and I loved every second. Love that it opens with a Mexico city recording.

I know pictures are posted on U2.com but I was still stunned at the size of it. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous recordings. I'm happy!

Am I crazy, or are some people mentioning UPS and some mentioning US mail for having received them?

corianderstem said:
Am I crazy, or are some people mentioning UPS and some mentioning US mail for having received them?

Mine said UPS mail innovations but I'm noticing the tracking number is USPS. I had no idea I could have tracked it

Ha, I'm sure you could have, if you could have actually found out how to find your tracking number from U2.com. ;)

I'm glad it's mail - if it's UPS, I figure I'd have to have it re-routed to my work address ... for a fee, naturally.

Edit: Hey, it showed up at my workplace! I'd forgotten I'd given U2.com that address. Ha.

I had no idea this thing was calendar-sized. I thought it was a kind of oversized (like, taller) little booklet/box. Its size kind of threw me off, and I did not react with the appropriate excitement when I realized what the delivery dude had just brought to my desk. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom