U2 Songs You Didn't Like, But Now Love.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hate Bullet the Blue sky!
But, recently, I bought the Joshua tree on vinyl and when larry kick in the beat for Bullet.
It just a Killer!

I second the thought on "Bad". At first, when I was first getting into U2, I would think "Would this song just get to the damn point already? It's the same damn pattern over and over again and this Bono guy seems to be singing nonsense!"

Now, after reading what the song was about and dissecting the lyrics, and experience numerous live versions, I can say it's one of my favorites.

Of course, the recording still doesn't hold a candle to the live versions. I'll agree that "Where The Streets Have No Name" is the best live song, but I think "Bad" comes in at a very close second. That song is so transcendent live, it's heartbreaking.

I loved Bad from the second I heard it; thought it was perfect and still do.

In fact no live version for me has come close to eclipsing the studio version. There'll all spectacular, no doubt, but the studio version does more for me. I've never seen Bad played though.

Bad - I'd always only ever listened to it as part of a whole listening of TUF.

Then, I saw it live, and boom! I've not been able to stay away since.

Is that all. I spent 10 years thinking this was just an Electric Co. rehash that was stuck on the end of October to give it one extra filler song. Never really paid it much mind. Then a couple years ago I was at a party and my friend had his iPod on shuffle, and this song came on and I thought "wow.. this is actually a pretty good song".

Also, the last 4 songs on Achtung Baby used to just be "the 4 songs after Mysterious Ways" that I never really paid attention to when I was younger. Now it's my favorite section of that record.

Also, the last 4 songs on Achtung Baby used to just be "the 4 songs after Mysterious Ways" that I never really paid attention to when I was younger. Now it's my favorite section of that record.

Word. Those last 4 are truly the heart of Achtung Baby, to me.

Back
Top Bottom