U2: like The Beatles when they were at their best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
" I don't believe in the Sixties-the Golden Age of pop
you glorify the past, the future dries up."
-Bono, 1988

:mad:

man, those were lyrics!:drool:

a mol digging in a hole :doh:

LEt it be the white album or even better : sgt Pepper!!

Actually, that's all a matter of debate (personally I think George Harrison completely outshines anything Lennon and McCartney - who are not on their best - do on that album, thus it's not their best work. Plus they were barely functioning as a band then and half the album are leftovers from the White Album sessions aka Lennon/McCartney leftovers everyone was too lazy to develop more. Why is production any measure in the album's quality?) And I never said "you" call it their best because it's their last.

Indeed there is - we want their best album but we won't get it.

1. Come Together
2. Something
4. Oh! Darling
6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. End

Definitely in their top 2 albums.

Yeah, Sgt. Pepper might be their most iconic record, but I don't feel it's their best.

Abbey Road shouldn't have worked, but it's up there for me, too.

1. Come Together
2. Something
4. Oh! Darling
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. End

Agree, I mean, in the same way as U2, all Beatles albums are good in their own right, but Abbey Road has to be up there in their top 2, Just amazing stuff, after amazing stuff, after amazing stuff. I hope the next U2, has something of that flavor, nit necessarily Beatles flavor, but unexpected change that is unexpected even though you are expecting it. Like Abbey Road was. Not even still mentioning all the mysterious aura surrounding the album in regards to the "Paul Is Dead" rumour.

Larry is still in his 30's...

:huh:

If he was even 39, that means he was born in 1969, which means he would have been 10 when Boy came out (since his birthday's in October and I believe Boy came out before then).

:mad:
I don´t wanr no frickin` beatles...no midtempo singalong sha-la-las...
gimme some high energy rockers...

but maybe I´m 20 years to late...

1. Come Together
2. Something
4. Oh! Darling
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. End

I don't know. Aside from Here Comes The Sun, tracks 6 - 10 are pretty much filler by The Beatles' standards.

I don't know. Aside from Here Comes The Sun, tracks 6 - 10 are pretty much filler by The Beatles' standards.

Wow. I absolutely adore You Never Give Me Your Money. It's perfect...like Abbey Road distilled into a single, kickass song. Probably top 10 for me as far as The Beatles go.

Wow. I absolutely adore You Never Give Me Your Money. It's perfect...like Abbey Road distilled into a single, kickass song. Probably top 10 for me as far as The Beatles go.

Absolutely, thats a brilliant little snippet, and I think its McCartney singing it, even though it sounds like Lennon. I thought it was for years, until I read otherwise. :shrug:

I especially love how it comes around again after Carry That Weight. Even right at the end they still had moments of genius.

My 500th post. :hyper:

And I don't know about anyone else here, but I always liked Sun King, too.

Sun King has some un-f-believable harmonies, judging by what we have seen in one of the last videos from u2.com, and bono the edge singing vdl in O2 arena, we are going to get some great unheard for u2 harmonies this time around with the next album

Back
Top Bottom