U2 ARE SPUD PEELERS AND NOBODY LIKES THEM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat.”

Holy shit!

that's the funniest thing i've read in a long time. this is my new favorite guy.

:blahblah: that's all I hear....

i've got 2 echo songs on my ipod and like 3 zillion U2 songs. My question is what does he have to show for himself? Don't get me wrong, I think they WERE a great band for a moment in time. But U2 in my humble opinion have carved a place in history :rockon:

If we were to take a poll, how many people would even be able to name an Echo song or really how many people would even know who they are, I mean "were"??? Without googling them...........

Here's a selection of some of my favourite McCulloch quotes. I think you will all agree, that they are... quite a good read.
“Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat.”

"All you need to be successful these days is a Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp with some bloke wailing away about 'in excelsis Deo.' We don't need to condescend and wave flags around. Our music isn't meant to save anyone's soul: it's more meant to make their ears bleed."

:lmao: These are all great, but these two are my favourites!

Also, the latter one amuses me for nerdy reasons. Is he slagging Gloria there? If so, he fails hard. Since Edge used a black Fender Stratocaster and his Vox amp for that song, not a les Paul, he didn't even have one back in 1982!

:lmao: five stars.

i :heart: these threads. they always are predictable. there's the original poster, who found someone bag U2, was inflamed, posted it, not knowing that most of us really don't care, but has a few supporters who get just as incensed, and then the thread derails into hilarity.

Here's a selection of some of my favourite McCulloch quotes. I think you will all agree, that they are... quite a good read.

“You’ve got to hand it to Paul Weller. He’s come up with two of the worst names of all time. Three if you count ‘Paul Weller’ which is, let’s face it, a crap name for a singer.”

“Elvis Costello? Bloody terrible. Have you seen him on the telly? All fat and sweaty. Looks horrible. Can’t dance either.”

“What a twat Nick Cave was. I remember in the NME they used to have these ‘death lists’ and on the top of Cave’s was the Crucial Three. And I was at some festival in Holland, and he was there, and I thought ‘Come on, kill me’. But he never had a go. What a twat. I’d have concreted him. He’d be in the Hudson Bay now. You can tell him, if I’m still on his death list he can try it and I’ll soddin’ kill him. Twat. Australian, dingo-shagging turd. And he’s a fake, and he can’t sing. Fucking has-been junkie. He can’t even OD. But anyway… Nick babe, I fucking love you. You fucking Antipodean twat. Kangaroo is all he is. Delusions of syringe-dom.”

“Bono is penguining around the studio, wearing his big Orson Welles hat and these ridiculous Cuban heels. So then he sidles right up to me and says, 'It's great that we're both on the show. You know what it means? We're going to change the whole world. This is our mission, y'know.' And I'm thinking, 'See ya later, Fatso.' Not that he was fat exactly. But he was a squatty little turd. And I thought, 'What the hell's he going on about anyway? We've just got nothing at all to do with what he's doing.”

"All you need to be successful these days is a Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp with some bloke wailing away about 'in excelsis Deo.' We don't need to condescend and wave flags around. Our music isn't meant to save anyone's soul: it's more meant to make their ears bleed."

"If I saw Bono walking down the street, I would just think he was one of the worst-dressed men I'd ever seen."

“I wouldn’t have thought any band could make it with a W.C. Fields lookalike for a singer. If Jim Morrison looked like Jim Kerr, he’d still be alive”

“We are the only important band.”

“I know John Lennon compared himself to Jesus, but that wasn’t quite the same as saying better.”

"The only inferiority complex I've got is about other people being inferior."

“I’m the son of God.”

“I am the king of rock and roll”

His wisdom will blow through time like a great eagle's feather in the northern wind.

Holy shit that was hilarious. :lmao: :up:

Insulting bands you don't know...that's a bit stupid don't you think? If you're gonna insult them at least go onto youtube and listen to some songs

Well, I am kinda stupid. So excuse me. :wink:

Mmm, basing judgements on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Maybe you should actually listen to their music before saying that U2 are far superior to them.

Whatever. :wink: I was tired, I didnt know what I was talking about, probably drunk-posting. :wink:

Whatever. :wink: I was tired, I didnt know what I was talking about, probably drunk-posting. :wink:

Whatever. :wink: Keep this in mind next time you think about posting a baseless judgement or logically inconsistent opinion.

Hmm... it´s simple: if U2 is considered one of the best rock bands in the world and Echo and the Bunnymen it´s necessary to check at Google for some people who loves music.... so...:eyebrow:
i don't think record sales is exactly telling of how good a band is. i obviously don't hate U2 and i know this argument is used all the time, but i don't think any of us are going to say britney spears is some hugely talented artist, up there with U2 and the stones. yet she's sold boatloads of records. i like an equal mix of popular artists (such as U2) and lesser-known people. i wouldn't say one group (popular versus obscure) is better than the other.

Axver's arguments with rjhbonovox in 2004 were hilarious. They would probably be the best of friends now.

I wish I was around to see Axver 2004 in full on U2 loving mood; it seems like such an impossibility :lol:

His rant about how important Vertigo was is to U2's legacy, proving once and for all just how vital they still were are is not to be missed. THESE MEN ARE IN THEIR FORTIES??!?!?!?!?!

His rant about how important Vertigo was is to U2's legacy, proving once and for all just how vital they still were are is not to be missed. THESE MEN ARE IN THEIR FORTIES??!?!?!?!?!

Vertigo is insanely...non-special

It's defining moment has to be Edge's "solo"; that sums up the song perfectly

Verti-banjo is a completely different story however

i don't think record sales is exactly telling of how good a band is. i obviously don't hate U2 and i know this argument is used all the time, but i don't think any of us are going to say britney spears is some hugely talented artist, up there with U2 and the stones. yet she's sold boatloads of records. i like an equal mix of popular artists (such as U2) and lesser-known people. i wouldn't say one group (popular versus obscure) is better than the other.

You´re right when you say record sales doesn´t say how good a band is. I do like an equal mix of popular artists and bands - since Pink Floyd, Metallica, REM, Foo Fighters....Green Day...many.. ( in terms of BSpears I think she is only a girl with a body and a beautiful face..) but maybe the problem I´ve faced here is that I DO think U2 is far superior than the others.... :wink:

Well, have I been so wrong for so many years ???? :ohmy:

C'mon winks are probably the most used smiley on interference. :wink: Aha! I used it again! :wink:

i :heart: these threads. they always are predictable. there's the original poster, who found someone bag U2, was inflamed, posted it, not knowing that most of us really don't care, but has a few supporters who get just as incensed, and then the thread derails into hilarity.

I'm mostly liking the instant basher protectors that pop up in this type of threads. It's like the Pavlov reflex.

:lmao: Perfect description!

EYKIW :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom