Typical U2 Hater List (feel free to add)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well do you have a problem when you see a musician, actor or a writer who's work you don't like but is listed in the annual Forbes Wealth list? They are a lot of people who do. You asked me whether I thought Bono was right wing? If he was an extreme left wing individual then one would imagine that he would be anti-capatalist. it's obvious he isn't.

It bothers me because I'm not the jealous type. Jealousy is horrid not just for the person who it's aimed at but I don't think it does the jealous person any good either. Life is short and if you're not happy with it then why should people direct their anger at Bono? It's not his fault they are dissatisfied. If you're not happy then instead of wasting all your energy at hating someone you don't know, why don't you instead think to yourself "I'm not happy with what I'm doing. What do I really want to do with my life?"

Niel McCormick is extremely jealous of the band. Last year I sent a pm to my mate BVS telling him what he said. BVS said that McCormick is no expert when it comes to singing. What is McCormick's problem?

I don't have a problem with that. A lot of people do indeed, and I don't care for them. :shrug:

And I didn't ask if you thought he was right wing, as far as I'm aware. I'm wondering why you feel the need to disprove he's a communist. Which is something entirely different from left wing or right wing or whatever.

I understand your point, really, I do in this case. But like you said, why waste your energy hating someone you don't know? It's the exact same thing, why waste your energy talking about those who hate Bono for being a public figure? It's like the kid that posted here about some facebook hating on Bono. He kept replying to that facebook page and even got rude. How's that for wasting energy? If these people want to hate on him, just leave them be. If you ignore them, it's not gonna be funny anymore and most of them will start hating on something else. Haters gonna hate. :shrug:

What do you mean what is Neil's problem? He doesn't have a problem as far as I'm aware..

I'd say about 99% of the haters on the internet are frustrated kids who are angry at the big bad world for not giving them the perfect life.
It surprises me there's a program like that. Surprises me even more that there's people who watch it..

And I see you're ignoring most of my post.. I would like to know what your issues with Neil are..

Oh. I wanted BVS to explain that one. :tsk:

But he posted what Jim Kerr said about Bono's vocal ability and Niel obviously wasn't reading the message properly because he reckons Susan Boyle is a better singer. Bono is a rock singer, just like Freddie Mercury and Elton John, so why is it hard for him and many others to understand that rock vocalists occasionally use incorrect singing technique? That doesn't mean they are crap because the 3 rock singers who I just mention do mostly sing but occasionally scream as well.

So, Neil says he thinks another singer is better than Bono and thus he's saying Bono's crap?

Yes. He thinks MJB is better than Bono, so how comes Bono received a higher score than she did on a webpage I once found from a Performing Arts university which assessed the ability of popular vocalists?

I'm tone deaf, and yet even I could hear SuBo going very off key during the final of Britain's Got Talent last year? Do you think she's better than he is?

Well, if he thinks she's better, who are you to tell him he can't think that? And seriously, you're trying to pass a score on a webpage you found as a valid fact? :scratch: How?

That she may have gotten off key once does not mean she's immediately a shitty singer. And I don't know if she's better than he is because I don't know the woman. Even if I knew who she was, would I care? No. Because for me Bono's got the voice I like to hear most of all. I don't care what other people like, because music is as subjective as can be. People can hate Bono all they want, it's not gonna make me love U2's music any less.

The score was based on technical ability, so it's not really subjective. It's based on your ability to be able to do something or not. So yes that webpage would be fact. If Niel opened up his ears instead of listening to someone sing with feeling off jealousy then I will not like him. You find a lot of people with this type of attitude in the world of sport also. The Talk radio station I used to listen to there was a presenter on there who claimed that Andy Murray was a rubbish tennis player. Why? Just because he didn't give interesting interviews. :banghead:

The score was based on technical ability, so it's not really subjective. It's based on your ability to be able to do something or not. So yes that webpage would be fact. If Niel opened up his ears instead of listening to someone sing with feeling off jealousy then I will not like him. You find a lot of people with this type of attitude in the world of sport also. The Talk radio station I used to listen to there was a presenter on there who claimed that Andy Murray was a rubbish tennis player. Why? Just because he didn't give interesting interviews. :banghead:

As far as the ability of a singer is something you can measure. It's still a website with no scientifically proven facts. I wouldn't hold so much faith in it if I were you. And NEIL(Yes, that is how you spell his name!) Has quite a good ear for music, otherwise he would not have been a musician. I don't get where you get the jealousy factor from. You really think that a friend of Bono would still be jealous after all these years?

To me it seems like you take way too much value in other people's opinions. What happened to forming your own?

About what is this then?
And that's quite the statement you're making without any argument or fact to stand with it.
I reckon Neil can be glad you're not Bono then. And so can the rest of the world.

I've managed to completely lose plot of whatever discussion this was. Congrats. I give up. Have a good one!

>.< I wish I had more customers who were U2 fans. I live in a VERY conservative city and I have yet to meet more than two U2 fans. I met one kid who works in a music store that likes U2. And so far...that's it. There was a cook who used to work at the restaurant and he asked me what kind of music I listened to and I said, "Well, my favorite band is U2." and he's like, "Oh...I'm sorry." :crack: Asshole...

That was very rude for him to say that to you. Luckily, I live in a larger area or town so there are many different music stations. I don't make fun of anyone for what is their listening pleasure.

Music offers something for everyone. I like a lot of artist from Johnny Cash, Enya to U2. Great songs!

I live with 3 U2 hating roomates.

And attend a 15 person class, Survey of Rock and Roll, with 15 U2 haters including the professor.

And live on a campus where there is no appriciation for U2.

Orlando = U2hatersville.

How old are these people? Are they stupid kids? On the annual Top 100 Annoying People We Hate that is broadcast on BBC3 they are adults who declare their hatred for Bono. How can seemingly articulate adults act in such an immature manner?

Perhaps, the well to do? England has always been very good at keeping people their "proper class." Just ask the Irish.

And attend a 15 person class, Survey of Rock and Roll, with 15 U2 haters including the professor.

Orlando = U2hatersville.

Oh wow, that's horrible...:crack: My soul would simply wither.

*mental note: never go to Orlando again* :lol:

Orlando = U2hatersville.

I wouldn't be surprised if these haters are just following the herd like a flock of sheep, just pretending to hate them in order to appear 'cool'.

That's what I notice these days, U2 get so much attacking for being 'the most overrated bnd in the world :blahblah:' that they have actually become one of the most underrated.

Orlando = U2hatersville.

That is sad. I would think that a music history class in University would offer a history and appreiciation for all. I wasn't a music major at college.

Arts and Humanities. Or Liberal Arts as it is called in some colleges. But, we were taught about the talent and lives of the artist in my Fine Arts classes. I guess it was a different time and teaching.

Well if it means anything else, the high school I attended 3 hours south of Orlando also had a bunch of U2 haters.

I literally knew no more than a handful of people who would say they 'like' U2, and certainly no real big mans like myself.

I know U2 is worldwide famous. I've just never met another U2 fan like myself (other than my sister).

That was very rude for him to say that to you. Luckily, I live in a larger area or town so there are many different music stations. I don't make fun of anyone for what is their listening pleasure.

Music offers something for everyone. I like a lot of artist from Johnny Cash, Enya to U2. Great songs!

Yeah, I'm the same way. I have so many people around me who love all types of music. And my range is so wide that it scares people. My other favorite band is Tool and a lot of people are like o_O you listen to Tool and U2? Yes I do. So? :crack: :lol:

Orlando = U2hatersville.

That's Florida for you! I miss Ohio so much. I had U2 friends in Ohio. Down here? Not so much. And yet the Tampa show last year was SUCH A BIG DEAL! It was on the news, radio, there were helicopters and over 78,000 people. There were more people seeing U2 in Tampa last year than there ever was for a Buck's game! I got so confused...

Have you ever read about what Russia was like during the Soviet era then you know that the government was anti individualistic, anti choice or anti anything that made anyone different.

Have I ever read? I come from one of the Eastern Bloc nations! Did you live in the USSR?

Orlando = U2hatersville.

Ugh. My condolences.

I wouldn't be surprised if these haters are just following the herd like a flock of sheep, just pretending to hate them in order to appear 'cool'.

That's what I notice these days, U2 get so much attacking for being 'the most overrated bnd in the world :blahblah:' that they have actually become one of the most underrated.

I think so too. How many other bands have managed to stay together for thirty years with their original members? Plus, they still make great music. I don't have to worry about my six year old grand daughter listening to Beautiful Day or Magnificant. No filth coming out of Bono's mouth. He is a good song writer and gets his message across without calling women foul names.

Exactly! And that's what I tell the haters, too. Like, "Listen, they've been together for over thirty years. Never broke up, never switched out a band member and they're still going strong. Name a band who has been able to manage this." and usually they'll shut up after that. Or they'll say something smart like, "Maybe it's about time they threw in the towel." :doh:

:scratch::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

That tops them ALL! OMG! Woooowwwww! That's just....I don't even think there is a word to describe the stupidity of that!

HAHA!!

If you saw the kid who said it, you wouldn't be surprised!

He had a full beard, except he just shaved off the mustache part, drinks all or most of the time he is working at the club and gets his car towed 1 or 2 times per week.

If a TV camera had been there and picked up his face as representing Bono haters, they'd lose all credibility they ever had.

Wtf does magnanimous even mean? :scratch:

Welcoming, embracing of others.

Treating and caring for others as if they were your own family/friends.

Something along those lines.

Not exactly sure-civility and respect with an added personal touch of caring I guess.

Not looking it up.

I work with someone who calls Bono "Bonehead." :crack: He doesn't like U2 because every song sounds the same, the guitar sounds the same, and he doesn't like Bono's voice or his politics. :blahblah:

Welcoming, embracing of others.

Treating and caring for others as if they were your own family/friends.

Something along those lines.

Not exactly sure-civility and respect with an added personal touch of caring I guess.

Not looking it up.

Right. Thanks for clarifying. :lol: What a strange fella that guy is then.

Back
Top Bottom