Their Greatest Song Titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'd only seen it referred to a few times, and I guess I think of it as their "Best Unused Song Title" and not necessarily their best title. But it is pretty good.

I like this question.

Hmmm.

A Sort of Homecoming is a good title, I think. Love is Blindness. Walk to the Water is simple, yet evocative. Running to Stand Still. Mothers of the Disappeared. Wake Up Dead Man. Until the End of the World. Ahhhh, I'll stop. I'd probably end up listing too many.

wasn't super city mania an early title for miami?

i tend to favour titles where it doesn't appear in the song because i'm weird. i like luminous times, the unforgettable fire, wire...can't think of any others at the moment. the only ones i'd come out and say i hated are the ridiculously long ones.

No idea which I'd pick as greatest, but some of the song titles I like include A Sort Of Homecoming, Mothers Of The Disappeared, Bullet The Blue Sky, No Line On The Horizon, Bass Trap, Love Is Blindness, and Zooropa.

I'm not too keen on most of the long titles, though let's not forget two gems, Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?) and Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1!

Bad is honestly my favourite song title. i just fucking love it. probs got a bit to do with what khan said too.

A Sort of Homecoming and Running to Stand Still close seconds.

Zooropa, A sort of Homecoming, Until The End of The World, No Line on the Horizon, Moment of Surrender, Where The Streets Have No Name, Running To Stand Still, A Different Kind Of Blue. :up:

A Man and a Woman, Love You Like Mad, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
lol

Off the top of my head, I really like: "Even Better Than the Real Thing," "Wake Up Dead Man," "A Sort of Homecoming," "Kite," and "Original of the Species."

EDIT: Also...
k I totally had to google that.

Good call, I was trying to think if they had any good song titles in the 2000's, and "Original of the Species" definitely is one. I remember back before HTDAAB came out, reading the track list, and being very intrigued by that one.

On that note, "Xanax and Wine" is pretty cool, but that might just be the substance abuser in me talking.

11 O'clock Tick Tock, The Electric Co, Gloria, A Sort Of Homecoming,The Unforgettable Fire, Indian Summer Sky, Where The Streets Have No Name, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Zooropa, Lemon, Unknown Caller, Cedars Of Lebanon.

Hmm, I guess some of my favorites would be:

A Sort of Homecoming
Mothers of the Disappeared
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Zooropa
Lady With The Spinning Head
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Wake Up Dead Man
Big Girls Are Best

Until The End Of The World
Running To Stand Still
In A Little While
Cedars Of Lebanon

Difficult. The worst are the very long ones most of the time.

Kind of off-topic, but I, like Sicy, had to Google Super City Mania, and I ended up finding this list of Pop outtakes:
unheard said:
Novelty Act
MMFR / MFRR / MFFR
Nose Job
Untidy Life
Religious
Oedipussy
Revenge...
Mother
Be There
Drug
Squidgy
Scott Walker
Suit Of Lights
Jesus Drove Me
Super City Mania
Something Happens
I Love The Apple Mac
The Return of The Fly
Sparky's Left The Planet
Hymn To The Universe
If I Should Ever Lose Control
Who else really wants to hear The Return Of The Fly? :drool:

Also, Cedars of Lebanon, A Sort Of Homecoming, Original of the Species, and Mothers of the Disappeared all have great titles.

My fave song titles are:

Bullet The Blue Sky
Electrical Storm
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Fez - Being Born
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill me
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
MOFO
Staring At The Sun
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
When Love Comes To Town
Wire
With A Shout (Jerusalem)

I still haven't found what I'm looking for
New Year's Day
Sometimes You can't make it on your own
Sunday Bloody Sunday
No Line on the horizon
Until the end of the world
Where the streets have no name
Acrobat
Bullet the blue sky
Wave of sorrow
Wild Irish rose

:)

A sort of homecoming
11 o'clock tick tock
Lemon
Stay (faraway so close!)
Things to make and do
I threw a brick through a window
With a shout (Jeruselum)
Luminous time (hold onto love)
Zoo station
Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
Fez- being born

The album with the worst cheesiest song titles is definitely ATYCLB and the best song titles is Zooropa!

i don't know, I Love The Apple Mac sounds like it could be a lost U2 classic...
:lol: That's the one that caught my attention, too! I really can't wait until the POP reissue :drool: What was one of the working titles for the album? "12 Shiny New Songs from U2" or something? Such an odd, fascinating time for the band...

Back
Top Bottom