"The Crystal Ballroom" iTunes Ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scorpionac

War Child
I know some folks on this forum like to discuss how certain albums would have fared, given a different choice of lead single ("Discotheque," "Get on Your Boots," etc). I enjoy these sorts of speculative "alternate history" discussions, too. (I don't know how big a difference the lead single would make sometimes, particularly in the case of SOI, but I still like thinking about it.)

Anyway, all this to say that I made an alternate version of the iTunes ad that aired to promote Songs of Innocence, with the idea that "The Crystal Ballroom" would have been the first single. Check it out below if you like:

Do you think "The Crystal Ballroom" would have been a better lead single? No better, no worse? Or worse? And would it have changed the album's overall reception?

Last edited:
I'm not sure anything would have saved the release "debacle", but I think most would agree Crystal Ballroom was a missed opportunity, period.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It just doesn't sync well with that footage. Otherwise, that snippet used in something else would have been better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom