Thank goodness Bono has said no to Cowell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since appearing as a judge on one of these shows is a tacit acknowledgement that your career is essentially over, I'm not surprised that Mr. Vox would turn this down. Though I'm happy he did nonetheless.

I don't even know if I believe he was actually approached and asked. I mean, it's The Sun. Aren't they regularly full of shit?

although who knows - maybe those shows approach everyone and anyone who's some sort of big name, even if they know there's no way in hell they'd say yes.

I don't even know if I believe he was actually approached and asked. I mean, it's The Sun. Aren't they regularly full of shit?

although who knows - maybe those shows approach everyone and anyone who's some sort of big name, even if they know there's no way in hell they'd say yes.

Well of course he was asked. They'd be remiss not to ask him. He'd be the ultimate "get" for a show like that. And despite that fact that I'd hate to see him do it, let's face it....be be very good at it.

I'm sure you're right. I just immediately get suspicious about anything coming from The Sun.

"The insider added: “Bono is a very busy man, and it’s unlikely he would appear on shows like this in the future.”

I could very easily be an insider for the Sun, I think, as Cowell still hasn't found what he's looking for.

No
is just a step in the negotiation process, he wants more money.

If he doesn't do it, it means they would not meet his price.

For Bono to critique other people's singing voice would be extremely hypocritical.

Once, at a performance in front of 20,000ish people in Chicago, he stopped singing, coughed, and said into the microphone "HELP ME!! I'VE GOT A FROG IN MY THROAT!" This was then released on DVD for everyone to see.

If somebody were to do that on AI, they'd be ripped apart by the judges. So no, Bono should not do it. Plus, it'd just be stupid in general.

Well...I actually heard his name thrown around in some interviews...whatever entertainment news show it might've been -but about 2-3 weeks ago segment was about American Idol and Mary J. Blige was mentioning Bono in relation to the judging job. He apparently was the one who recommended her instead..and wiggled his way out. I just know that I cringed at the idea of seeing him on the judging panel of any type of talent show.

I think after some time, Bono would be the only judge on AI, because once he starts talking, no one else will have the chance to say anything :lol:

American Idol will turn into: The Bono Idol show.

And no, I don't think he would be a good judge. Not because of his own singing abilities (which, I think, are quite good), but because he doesn't seem to be that kind of person who likes to judge people in general. I think he would be nice to everyone on the show and not want anyone to be thrown out, which is, however, the concept of AI.

These comments that Bono can't critique other's voices because his own is going are specious.

What, does every football coach have to be able to play football as well as his players? Give me a break.

If Steven Tyler can do it, Bono surely can. Not that I'd want him to.

come on guys. you bono would give every performer a big YES!.

Um, no.

Hey, has anyone ever seen any one in U2 comment about Rush, or anyone in Rush comment about U2?

My guess is that U2 would hate Rush's music, but I'd be interested to know if they've ever actually made a comment on it (besides, of course, Bono's disparaging comments on "prog rock".

On the other hand, I'd think Rush respected the hell out of U2....they did try to nab Steve Lillywhite back in the day, post-War (he basically snubbed them).

Back
Top Bottom