Stand Back People!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because "Bono has to lose a few pounds" has the same level of seriousness as a thread that is about fan's potentially dangerous behaviour while causing a frenzy that could possible hurt band members or fans. You're right, it's actually very funny.

I read about the problems with crowd control. At the SLN show in New York. And it is frightening. Someone, could have been seriously injured or killed. I know folks love U2. So, do I. But, screaming and shoving. Rocking Bono's vehicle. Is just crazy. Suppose, his SUV would have flipped over and Bono was hurt? Or someone was crushed underneath of it. How would those fans feel?

I would be thrilled to meet any of the members in U2. But, we have to remember they are human beings. So please, be civilized. And if U2 has the time, before and after a show. I think they will do their best to meet and great the fans.

:wave::applaud:

Great thread JC.....

There ARE people who want to just see the band,,or possibly SAY thank you,, and MAYBE, if lucky, get a signing. Whether you agree or not - doesn't matter, The band is adored and fans want to see them.. Adam, Bono and Edge know that .. and that is why they stop. Even Larry has come out of hiding a bit..
Unfortunately, there are many who believe rules don't apply to themselves.. these are the same people who are disrespectful in many other areas of their lives...

Mobbing them IS dangerous and ridiculous....
There was NO security out after SNL, other than Edge;s and Adams.. it was insane. there were about 40 (?) people there,, and if controlled - if people behaved on their OWN - the rest would have probably gotten their moment ,too.

Shame on those that ruin it for everyone else.

Any way, well said blm!!!

I have gotten my autograph, my picture with Bono etc. Now if I go to an event that he will be at its more to show support for u2 and Bono and his causes that makes a difference. I'm not going to get myself killed over it. I don't understand why the SNL show with fans was way different from when they came in and out of Letterman. Those crowds were pretty good. :hmm:

Don't forget there were barricades and lots of protection at Letterman.

really SNL was shocking.. there was a mix of ages, mix of men and women, mix of familiar and unfamiliar faces,, to me anyway.. there was even talk about staying calm..NOT rushing them.. while waiting. I cannot understand whyyyyy they did that.
the car was rushed as soon as they paused to look to pull out ,,,then, they proceeded to make a left turn - and could not continue to drive. brian never even got out - there was no way to turn the situation around.. Edge's guy had to keep telling people to get on the sidewalk and don't go behind Edge. Adam was ON the sidewalk,, talking,, taking pics with people, shaking hands,, he was surrounded but they were much calmer.

:wave::applaud:

Great thread JC.....

There ARE people who want to just see the band,,or possibly SAY thank you,, and MAYBE, if lucky, get a signing. Whether you agree or not - doesn't matter, The band is adored and fans want to see them.. Adam, Bono and Edge know that .. and that is why they stop. Even Larry has come out of hiding a bit..
Unfortunately, there are many who believe rules don't apply to themselves.. these are the same people who are disrespectful in many other areas of their lives...

Mobbing them IS dangerous and ridiculous....
There was NO security out after SNL, other than Edge;s and Adams.. it was insane. there were about 40 (?) people there,, and if controlled - if people behaved on their OWN - the rest would have probably gotten their moment ,too.

Shame on those that ruin it for everyone else.

Well said! :applaud: I would be happy just to see the band.

I wathc vids of the band meeting people, and i really cringe at some of the stuff people say to them. Some parts of europe, the fans sound so rude and pushy, but am sure its just coz they arent natural english speakers so they sound that way. And some of the US fans are complete ass kissers. If i was in the band...i would avoid that too. Still entertaining to watch tho

@ Fordham there were people waiting outside where there cars were they all came out and spent a long time making sure they went around to all the people. Then one guy yells hey Bono can you kiss my girlfriend? Get real.

I wathc vids of the band meeting people, and i really cringe at some of the stuff people say to them. Some parts of europe, the fans sound so rude and pushy, but am sure its just coz they arent natural english speakers so they sound that way. And some of the US fans are complete ass kissers. If i was in the band...i would avoid that too. Still entertaining to watch tho

hahahahaha! There is an awesome video posted here recently of a group of people meeting bono! (nj i think?)

i did notice someone ask bono for a hug and then i think you can hear someone else say 'you got one yesterday' (LOL)

all in all most people seemed calm but other seemed very very aggresive to me.

I don't understand why the SNL show with fans was way different from when they came in and out of Letterman. Those crowds were pretty good. :hmm:

Letterman is filmed during the day, isn't it? So they were coming outside in the late afternoon or early evening. SNL is on the air until 1 am, so they are leaving in the wee morning hours. That could be a big part of the reason the crowd was more rowdy.

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

WHEN WAITING TO SEE BONO DO NOT YELL AT HIM!!!! HE WILLGO AWAY!!!

DO NOT RUSH HIM! HE WILLGO AWAY!!! BRIAN WILL DEFINATELY MAKE HIM LEAVE.

IF EVERYONE WOULD STAND THERE RESPECTFULLY, HE WILL STAY LONGER AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF MEETING HIM.

I KNOW ITS EXCITING BUT COMPOSING YOURSELF IS THE BEST WAY TO HIM!!!!

Is it just me, or did anybody else get a visual of Bono as a wild animal while reading this. I can almost picture a Steve Irwin (RIP) type saying, "And here we have the rare species knows as Bono, indigenous to pubs and stadiums worldwide. Let's see how close we can get, but....*whispers* we must remain calm and quiet lest we want him to scurry away."

Sad.Sad.Sad.

Is it just me, or did anybody else get a visual of Bono as a wild animal while reading this. I can almost picture a Steve Irwin (RIP) type saying, "And here we have the rare species knows as Bono, indigenous to pubs and stadiums worldwide. Let's see how close we can get, but....*whispers* we must remain calm and quiet lest we want him to scurry away."

Sad.Sad.Sad.

:lol:

DO NOT FEED THE BONO

Letterman is filmed during the day, isn't it? So they were coming outside in the late afternoon or early evening. SNL is on the air until 1 am, so they are leaving in the wee morning hours. That could be a big part of the reason the crowd was more rowdy.

That could be....:hmm:

:fist::fist::fist: For all that doesn't like whats being said then don't read or comment and get out.

So let me get this straight: a thread on a topic that I consider completely insane is posted on a public online message board, and I shouldn't read or comment on it?

Not a chance. I have every right to be here, as does everyone else, because this topic is detrimental to anyone out there that is a simply a fan of the band and its music.

No slight against you, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, but it's the mere fact that you have rules for stalking another human being that gives U2 fans in general a bad reputation to the average person. And I, for one, do not want to be lumped in with them.

I mean, really: read back what was written. Be quiet and respectful or Bono will go away? Don't rush him? We're talking about stalking another human being! That is insane.

To be fair, I haven't read anything about people stalking the band, just behaving appropriately if you do have the opportunity to meet them. It seems Bono and the rest of the guys enjoy meeting with smaller, calmer groups of people.

:shrug:

So let me get this straight: a thread on a topic that I consider completely insane is posted on a public online message board, and I shouldn't read or comment on it?

Not a chance. I have every right to be here, as does everyone else, because this topic is detrimental to anyone out there that is a simply a fan of the band and its music.

No slight against you, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, but it's the mere fact that you have rules for stalking another human being that gives U2 fans in general a bad reputation to the average person. And I, for one, do not want to be lumped in with them.

I mean, really: read back what was written. Be quiet and respectful or Bono will go away? Don't rush him? We're talking about stalking another human being! That is insane.

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you

Ill be watching you

True story.

First of all, I don't consider it stalking, I don't follow him on a day to day basis, I don't and wouldn't go to a hotel or his apartment in the city to wait for him. I have gone to various events to see him, he knows people are out there waiting for him and he is nice enough to spend alot time with people giving autographs and pictures. So why is wrong that I say that fans should respect the fact that he even does that. And, from my experiences I've seen people yell at him, ask him assinine things and yes rush him and crowd him, I've also seen people touch him just to touch him. So my thread is far from ridiculous by telling people if they want a chance to meet him not to yell at him or run towards him. You have to remember, he is putting himself out there for the fans and not many celebrities do what he does with fans. So if anyone wants a chance at meeting him or saying hello there are certain things that work better than others and the more reserve you are the better the chance you have.

To be fair, I haven't read anything about people stalking the band, just behaving appropriately if you do have the opportunity to meet them. It seems Bono and the rest of the guys enjoy meeting with smaller, calmer groups of people.

:shrug:

I've heard of people going to their hotel and waiting, for example. It's different than, say, being somewhere and Bono just showing up, as has happened to friends of mine in Montreal. And sometimes it's the same people trying to meet the band over and over. How many times must someone try to shake this man's hand or get his autograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom